Thread: Multiplayer Greyed out in menu

Default Multiplayer Greyed out in menu

Hi all,

It seems I have noob myself.

I can't even get to the part to input the cd key. Anyone ever hear of this problem?

Default Re: Multiplayer Greyed out in menu

Hello Bottom, Nice to see ya around these neck of the woods.

To your problem I'm guessing(and its only a guess), you have connectivity problem, maybe something like Mcafee is blocking your connection.

Does this mean you may return to VI? Hope so, Dej and Kuma are lonely...
    Last edited by Hunter KIng George; 04-09-2009 at 03:03.
    Hunter King George Visit the Realm of the Hunters:
    Proud participant of the Code of Honor. Have you signed the code?

That is what I thought but since the Bear web site is hosted on this computer and is working fine, I can't see why it would do that. I have never seen a greyed out multiplayer before, Rome works shogun works, medieval2 works, kingdoms works. Why just VI. I did notice that windows firewall doesn't even give me a block or unblock message, and I had to manualy do it. With all other games I get the unblock message.

Don't forget gamespy will need to connect also.

ok I found the problem.

Since I host the Shogun server, I have in my set-up called my computer "localhost" which medieval and Vikings does not like sharing local domain name called "localhost". Well duh! All other Total War games work fine in this setting except to exclusion of Medieval/Vikings.

Good news is I readjusted all the servers for 7Bear7 and everything works fine now.

Default Multiplayer Greyed out in menu

Since ZoneMatch is down for the moment... Why not play over the internett? If someone host a game and could give the IP address to the game to people. We could play

I havent played DS multiplayer over 1 year
    Yeah i have played over Lan a couple of times... But still... There is shure more people out there who would aprisiate that someone hosts a public Dungeon Siege server

I wanna play Multiplayer.

Sorry i cant host any internett games. I dont know why people cant join my game... Yes i am not dumb I have locked at the firewall, router, IP, and all other things... So there moust just be a problem with my computer... Vista is not allowed...

But do anyone wanna play DS?

good to hear bottom
    AggonyJudgee