Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Hi, my name is Graywand, a young college student in CA who absolutely adores Rome: Total War. I've played Europa Barbarorum before, but for various reasons had to uninstall it, as well as RTW. I want to play it again though so I'm trying to get it back to the point where I can play EB again. Though I'm having some problems.

1. I installed the vanilla game.

2. I patched it to 1.2

3. Everytime I try to patch it to 1.3 it shows me a screen where I can either modify, repair, or uninstall the program.

4. Everytime I try one of those functions and I try to patch to 1.5, it says it was never patched to 1.3. What am I doing wrong?

Default Re: Hi

I'm sorry I should complain in the correct spot.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the .org

Hope you get your R:TW problems sorted out, it can be quite confusing to patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graywand View Post
    Hi, my name is Graywand, a young college student in CA who absolutely adores Rome: Total War. I've played Europa Barbarorum before, but for various reasons had to uninstall it, as well as RTW. I want to play it again though so I'm trying to get it back to the point where I can play EB again. Though I'm having some problems.

1. I installed the vanilla game.

2. I patched it to 1.2

3. Everytime I try to patch it to 1.3 it shows me a screen where I can either modify, repair, or uninstall the program.

4. Everytime I try one of those functions and I try to patch to 1.5, it says it was never patched to 1.3. What am I doing wrong?
    Welcome Graywand

If you have Barbarian invasion, then installing BI automatically upgrades RTW to 1.3. I believe you then only have to install the 1.6 patch for BI, which will automatically patch RTW to 1.5.

If you just have RTW, then you should patch it to 1.3 (there's no need to install patch 1.1 or 1.2 first) and then to 1.5.

If you have the Gold Edition, then you don't have to patch at all.

Last edited by Andres; 04-27-2009 at 12:29.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Hello and welcome.

What I would say is to
    1-Uninstall the game
    2-Install it again
    3-Patch it to 1.3
    4-Patch it to 1.5

That seems to be the best solution.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

I've had this same problem in the past. T'was a nightmare, but the solution is simple. Installing BI will get RTW straight to v1.3, then you can update to v1.5 and play EB!
    Last edited by Rhyfelwyr; 05-03-2009 at 18:37.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.