Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Empire: Total War - Hitler's review

Default Re: Empire: Total War - Hitler's review

The first Downfall remix I saw was for Company of Heroes and it was very funny. The creator of that one was pretty clever in how he laid out the dialogue with the facial expressions. That one also focused on balance (or lack thereof), complaining about Relic doing a shoddy job, then maybe it was really THQ's fault. There's on part where Hitler says something like 'Well, at least I still have my Nebelwerfers...' and then there is silence and all the generals in the room look kinda scared. One finally tells Hitler that they were nerfed too, then a brief silent pause, and then Hitler just loses it.

Here it is... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFjb...eature=related
    Last edited by Servius; 04-21-2009 at 19:56.
    Fac et Spera

That was funny -- who doesn't like a good rant? Leary and Miller made careers on them.

Downfall was a very good film though, and not just as a WWII docudrama either. The depth and texture given to the evolution of the bunker mentality, and how it came apart at the end, was simply excellent. That particular monologue was of a nature that it does make me cringe a little to see it reused for comedy though -- not sure how many of you speak German but in summary he's blaming the German populace for all his failures and relishing in their coming destruction as punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordani View Post
    That was funny -- who doesn't like a good rant? Leary and Miller made careers on them.

Downfall was a very good film though, and not just as a WWII docudrama either. The depth and texture given to the evolution of the bunker mentality, and how it came apart at the end, was simply excellent. That particular monologue was of a nature that it does make me cringe a little to see it reused for comedy though -- not sure how many of you speak German but in summary he's blaming the German populace for all his failures and relishing in their coming destruction as punishment.

/agree, you never see these rant videos the same once you've seen the actual clip with subtitles...(or you actually speak German, I suppose )
    "You must know, then, that there are two methods of fight, the one by law, the other by force: the first method is that of men, the second of beasts; but as the first method is often insufficient, one must have recourse to the second. It is therefore necessary for a prince to know well how to use both the beast and the man.
    -Niccolo Machiavelli

AARs:
    The Aeduic War: A Casse Mini AAR
    The Kings of Land's End: A Lusitani AAR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12