First of all, Atraphoenix: sorry for using your thread/mod, but since there are some issues with it, which iīve corrected for myself, i thought it would be apropriated to post it here, instead of making a new one. Hope you donīt mind :)
Btw: if a (-n easier ) solution does already exists, i can delete this post anytime, if asked to.
For those of you who might have troubles with the Realistic Movement Mod and the silver chevroned super Rebells ( not the scripted armies led by Allied Generals ):
Iīve found the reason for the endless "Elite stack spamming" around the Alpine provinces. Itīs a garrison script, located in EBBS ( found in .../EB/Data/scripts/show_me/EBBS_SCRIPT.txt ), which is written to provide those towns, usualy guarded by "Rebell superstacks", with additional garrison units. While itīs quite possible to disable those specific script entries, iīve tried not to mess up with the engine as such, but to adjust the unit composition which will be spawned through the script.
The main issue, early in the game, is settled in Eburonum garrison script, and 2 units of Neitos and Uirudusios each is created each turn, as soon as the garrison leaves the town ( due to the extended movement points ). After a year you already have near a superstack composed of those two units.
All iīve done was simple text editing, without changing the script art:
- backup first; using NotePad++ or similar, not the windows text editor to not screw anything up; you can adjust the script to your gusto, as long as you know exactly what you are doing, i.e. using correct unit names from the EDU etc.; it seems save game compatible in my tests, and it should be, since the EBBS script will be activated each time you start a game.
1. For Eburonum: replaced Neitos with Boi Swordmen, and Uirus with Gaeroas, now spawning 1 unit of each of them instead of 2. Lowered their experience from 5 chev. to 1, and armour and weapons upgrades to standard +1 from 3 resp. 2. I havenīt changed the second part of the script values for the late game, though.
2. For Iuvavoaeta: replaced Neitos + Uirus with Norice Gaecory + Teceitos; rest values see above ( one could put Alpine Phalanx/Short Swordmen instead, but iīve moded the Teceitos "down", so they are now in no way a well armoured, but a levy "ap" unit, so... itīs up to you ).
3. For Gintaro Ostan: iīve found the Duguntiz + Karatovas ( german spearmen + baltic swordmen ) with 2 chevr. exp. quite ok, only changed their upgrades.
4. For Carrodunum: Karatovas ( Baltic Swordmen ) for Celtic Swordmen, Teceitos for Lugii "ap" monsters, Karas Viras aka Baltic Frontier Men for Uirus ). Changed numbers, exp., weapons and armour to default: 1.
Now, the Boii Rebells still become 1 unit of Boii Swordmen + 1 unit of Gaeroas scripted each turn as soon as the garrison has left the settlment, but those two unit parties ainīt a real threat to anyone, untill they gather into a full stack; but even then they are a beatable, though still quite tough, unit composition ( perhaps because iīve upped short sword lethality a bit ).
I havenīt noticed other towns "scripting" units at all, tbh., it was only Eburonum. Life for Sweboz can still be quite tough: since i was testing, i didnīt scout enough, and lost my FL + FH alltogether with my capital, lol. My campaign was quite interesting, with unexpected attacks and ambushes; i had to retake Gwjam Silengoz 3 times from the "Boii", and then from Baltic Rebells, iirc ( no walls...o0 ).
The changes are too easily made not to be able to edit the text yourself, and btw. to learn about the engine a little bit, imo, so iīm not uploading any files; itīs not my mod anyway, just some suggestions ).