Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Realist Movement Mod

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

Default Re: Realist Movement Mod

No problem mate we are here to help

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

EB on ALX player Member ziegenpeter's Avatar

Does anyone know what distance an army could march in 3 or 2 month? Winter/Summer?
    Because I think 12tpy is way to much, you never get the reform. But maybe we could alter 4tpy or as compromise 6tpy, but we should find out what distance the armies can march, before altering the edu arbitrairily...

"A wise man once said: Never buy a game full price!"
    - Another wise man

According to Atraphoenix earlier in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Atraphoenix View Post
    According to Achaemenid resources it took only 13 days from Persepolis to Susa via Royal road.
    if I do apply this because of we have 3 months just in one turn you can move an army from sardis to baktria.
    Also, I would prefer 12tpy.
    It would increase playing time, but when the constuction and recruitment time is equally augmented, the turns themselves would become shorter, because there isn't as much to micromanage.
    Last edited by podoh; 11-05-2009 at 21:29.
    Read my AAR:
    The Ferghana Chronicles

(please?)

-count: a lot from Arthur, king of the Britons for some modding help.

EB on ALX player Member ziegenpeter's Avatar

True! Except that in some phases of the games it isnt MY turn that takes that long

I think the little monkey in my pc, responsible for the eleutheroi is always high:
    "What did I wanna do again...?"
    Last edited by ziegenpeter; 11-06-2009 at 17:49.

"A wise man once said: Never buy a game full price!"
    - Another wise man

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

I have calculated there is more than 3500 turns if you start 272 BC end finish around 14 BC.
    just imagine we have 200 regions and one easily conquer whole map less than 500 turns.
    what will the blitzers do with 3000 turns?
    Rebel hunting?

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

The cost of recruitment and construction should skyrocket to slow down blitzers if that's the case. I certainly agree however that movement or turns should be adjusted a bit.

We are not going alter the balance of the game to stop a style of play. Our main focus is on slow-play roleplayers, and so we will balance the game for that kind of gameplay. How that effects blitzers is really a null subject.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Our main focus is on slow-play roleplayers, and so we will balance the game for that kind of gameplay.
    Sounds good to me. That means you must be going with 12 turns per year. Correct?

-Apple
    Imo, the following "mod" is almost perfect:
    For installation process, I followed the following: RTW Gold > Alexander > EB 1.1 > 1.2 > Official Fixes > 1.2 Mini Mod Pack 3.1 > LZ3's Custom EB Fix Adaptation > Phalanx Mod > RS Textures > Naval Strat Map Add On > Lysander's Sihunet Formations Adaptations > EOM 4 Carthaginian Governors Edition > Atraphoenix' RS Legions Adaptation For ALEXANDER EB > Getting Rid Of The Giant Trees Mod > (I've also modded the Roman reforms to happen sooner, deleted 7 files/folders to get rid of window lights and torches for night battles, and added 3 SKYMOD_BI .txt files for night lighting.) - The only thing missing is a 12 turns per year mod, maybe 6 tpy instead.

There is another considerable drawback for the 12tpy system: the population growth rates would get way out of hand.

Now, the engine only really knows two seasons, right? The rest is represented by traits of the family members, that change every season. Is it possible to add in a similar way a building to each town, which represents the effect of the season on the population of the city. In the winter months, for example this could be a massive population growth penalty, signifiing the large mortality in those months.

However, it must be possible to script these "buildings" to change every month/season, just like the character's traits.
    I don't have any knowlegde on scripting, so I can't assess if this is possible.
    Last edited by podoh; 11-07-2009 at 16:08.
    Read my AAR:
    The Ferghana Chronicles

(please?)

-count: a lot from Arthur, king of the Britons for some modding help.

Wow.

Anybody ever notice how this mod literally brings the slave factions to life? Their armies ally to defend one another against aggressors and ACTIVELY ATTACK OTHER FACTIONS! Never ever seen that. They wiped out the Saba in the first 10 turns.

hey with the zero turn recruitment, does that mean the AI can make a superstack straight away with thier money script??? cause it would really suck having to face a full stack of parthian cats or ptolemaic agema on turn 2

First of all, Atraphoenix: sorry for using your thread/mod, but since there are some issues with it, which i´ve corrected for myself, i thought it would be apropriated to post it here, instead of making a new one. Hope you don´t mind :)
    Btw: if a (-n easier ) solution does already exists, i can delete this post anytime, if asked to.

For those of you who might have troubles with the Realistic Movement Mod and the silver chevroned super Rebells ( not the scripted armies led by Allied Generals ):

I´ve found the reason for the endless "Elite stack spamming" around the Alpine provinces. It´s a garrison script, located in EBBS ( found in .../EB/Data/scripts/show_me/EBBS_SCRIPT.txt ), which is written to provide those towns, usualy guarded by "Rebell superstacks", with additional garrison units. While it´s quite possible to disable those specific script entries, i´ve tried not to mess up with the engine as such, but to adjust the unit composition which will be spawned through the script.
    The main issue, early in the game, is settled in Eburonum garrison script, and 2 units of Neitos and Uirudusios each is created each turn, as soon as the garrison leaves the town ( due to the extended movement points ). After a year you already have near a superstack composed of those two units.
    All i´ve done was simple text editing, without changing the script art:
    - backup first; using NotePad++ or similar, not the windows text editor to not screw anything up; you can adjust the script to your gusto, as long as you know exactly what you are doing, i.e. using correct unit names from the EDU etc.; it seems save game compatible in my tests, and it should be, since the EBBS script will be activated each time you start a game.

1. For Eburonum: replaced Neitos with Boi Swordmen, and Uirus with Gaeroas, now spawning 1 unit of each of them instead of 2. Lowered their experience from 5 chev. to 1, and armour and weapons upgrades to standard +1 from 3 resp. 2. I haven´t changed the second part of the script values for the late game, though.
    ;EXTRA GARRISON

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType slave
    and Trait EburonumGovernor > 0
    and EndedInSettlement
    and GarrisonToPopulationRatio < 0.05
    and I_TurnNumber < 688
    and I_SettlementOwner Eburonum = slave
    console_command create_unit Eburonum "celtic infantry boii" 1 1 1 1
    console_command create_unit Eburonum "celtic infantry gaeroas" 1 1 1 1
    end_monitor
    Lines edited: 183009-183013

2. For Iuvavoaeta: replaced Neitos + Uirus with Norice Gaecory + Teceitos; rest values see above ( one could put Alpine Phalanx/Short Swordmen instead, but i´ve moded the Teceitos "down", so they are now in no way a well armoured, but a levy "ap" unit, so... it´s up to you ).
    ;EXTRA GARRISON

and Trait IuvavoaetaGovernor > 0
    and EndedInSettlement
    and I_SettlementOwner Iuvavoaeta = slave
    console_command create_unit Iuvavoaeta "celtic infantry gaecori" 1 1 1 1
    console_command create_unit Iuvavoaeta "celtic infantry teceitos" 1 1 1 1
    end_monitor
    Lines changed: 185551-185558

3. For Gintaro Ostan: i´ve found the Duguntiz + Karatovas ( german spearmen + baltic swordmen ) with 2 chevr. exp. quite ok, only changed their upgrades.
    ;EXTRA GARRISON

and Trait GintarasOstanGovernor > 0
    and EndedInSettlement
    and GarrisonToPopulationRatio < 0.04
    and I_SettlementOwner Gintaras_Ostan = slave
    console_command create_unit Gintaras_Ostan "germanic infantry frameharjoz" 1 2 1 1
    console_command create_unit Gintaras_Ostan "germanic infantry karotovas" 1 2 1 1
    end_monitor
    Lines edited: 193186 to 193195

4. For Carrodunum: Karatovas ( Baltic Swordmen ) for Celtic Swordmen, Teceitos for Lugii "ap" monsters, Karas Viras aka Baltic Frontier Men for Uirus ). Changed numbers, exp., weapons and armour to default: 1.
    ;EXTRA GARRISON

and Trait CarrodunumGovernor > 0
    and EndedInSettlement
    and I_SettlementOwner Carrodunum = slave
    console_command create_unit Carrodunum "germanic infantry karotovas" 1 1 1 1
    console_command create_unit Carrodunum "celtic infantry teceitos" 1 1 1 1
    console_command create_unit Carrodunum "germanic infantry karas viras" 1 1 1 1
    end_monitor
    Lines edited: 188101-188109

Now, the Boii Rebells still become 1 unit of Boii Swordmen + 1 unit of Gaeroas scripted each turn as soon as the garrison has left the settlment, but those two unit parties ain´t a real threat to anyone, untill they gather into a full stack; but even then they are a beatable, though still quite tough, unit composition ( perhaps because i´ve upped short sword lethality a bit ).

I haven´t noticed other towns "scripting" units at all, tbh., it was only Eburonum. Life for Sweboz can still be quite tough: since i was testing, i didn´t scout enough, and lost my FL + FH alltogether with my capital, lol. My campaign was quite interesting, with unexpected attacks and ambushes; i had to retake Gwjam Silengoz 3 times from the "Boii", and then from Baltic Rebells, iirc ( no walls...o0 ).

The changes are too easily made not to be able to edit the text yourself, and btw. to learn about the engine a little bit, imo, so i´m not uploading any files; it´s not my mod anyway, just some suggestions ).
    - 10 mov. points :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12