Thread: Dethy Mafia Mini Game [Concluded]

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

Default Dethy Mafia Mini Game [Concluded]

5 man game 1 mafia 4 cops

all the standard rules
    24 hours Day
    24 Hours Night
    Voting No lynch is allowed
    No revealing investigation results upon death.
    You must wait untill the end of any night sequance to reveal and results you may have

The Blackadder Police Department is in turmoil today with the revilation that known Mafia Boss Don Modello has infiltraited the elite Flying Squad Unit with one of his moles.Before the case against Modello can begin they need to find the mole and get rid of him. With so much investigatory power at their hands this should be an easy task right?

1 Greyblades
    2 Caius
    3 Cronos Impera
    4 YLC
    5 Askthepizzaguy

If anyone one has any questions at all about Dethy Mafia and how it differs to regular just ask.
    Last edited by Captain Blackadder; 05-11-2009 at 00:47.

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dethy Mafia Mini Game

In. This should be good.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 05-09-2009 at 18:57.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Why not?

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Gentis Daciae Member Cronos Impera's Avatar

In.
    " If you don't want me, I want you! Alexandru Lapusneanul"
    "They are a stupid mob, but neverless they are a mob! Alexandru Lapusneanul"

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

Hmmm...In

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

In.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

In...although i think im too late.
    ~WotB~
    Strategos Epilektos Panaitolos Ankyrikos Commander of 1sy Lydian Army

~BtSH~

Consul/Dux Cornelius Blasio

Navarro you can be a back up if someone drops out. Whilst I would like to add another role in this game it really needs 5 for it to work

Roles going out now.

Blog Entries

Huh I recognise this setup, all but one of us are cops, its a matter of figuring out which is paranoid(always guilty) which is trusting(allways innocent) which is normal and which is backwards(guilty when innocent and vice versa).
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Well it would seem easy to solve. Everyone investigates the same person.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

The combinations are endless, there is also the possibility that the mafia will try to manipulate it.

oops nevermind that wouldn't work.
    Detective investigates: Innocent/Guilty

always guilty________guilty/guilty
    always innocent_____innocent/innocent
    normal_____________innocent/guilty
    backwards__________guilty/innocent
    That means we would get 2 guilty results and 2 innocent results. Wouldn't help much.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Also there is the joker card of the mafia's made up result adding to the mix.

Everyone has the Roles now so get started.

Note: Your Character was randomly determined from some of my favourite cops in movie's and TV and thus has no bearing on you actual role.
    Last edited by Captain Blackadder; 05-11-2009 at 01:31.

Suggestions on strategy?

This may sound like a killjoy, but the "obvious" strategy is to try to use the detective results to help us (no lynch) However, if the mafioso can murder at night, it will only take two murders before we are screwed and we have to guess on the final day. Since the results are going to be more confusing than helpful, I would advise treating the game like my murder manor mini games and just trying to get lucky and lynching the person in question. I'll give you a hint: I'm not the mafioso. If we are going to do the "no lynch" thing, perhaps it would be best if we all investigated the "person to our left", and then the next night the "person to our right", compare notes, and then lynch.

If I were to guess, my role will always find a guilty result... I am supposedly very determined to get to the truth, but I have to believe that over-enthusiasm will just end up messing with my results.

Example:

1 Greyblades
    2 Caius
    3 Cronos Impera
    4 YLC
    5 Askthepizzaguy

Greyblades investigates Caius, Caius investigates Cronos, Cronos investigates YLC, YLC investigates ATPG, ATPG investigates Greyblades. (down)
    Next night, Greyblades investigates ATPG, ATPG investigates YLC, YLC investigates Cronos, Cronos investigates Caius, Caius investigates Greyblades (up)

Of course, skipping any dead people.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 05-11-2009 at 01:41.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

I asked blackadder about my own PM and he said:
    I wouldn't take anything from the role description. Your Character as it were was randomly determined separate from the role so you might be Paranoid or you might not be.
    So no dice.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 05-11-2009 at 01:41.

that sucks. I was hoping to be all clever and such.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Well lets see, if we do as you suggest and do not lynch and investigate the guy on the left we will end up with the mafia framing someone by, lets say killing YLC and blaming Cronos because he will be prime suspect, and you know how that goes, we will end up lynching Cronos and all the mafia will have to do is kill one more and he will win on night 2.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 05-11-2009 at 01:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Well lets see, if we do as you suggest and do not lynch and investigate the guy on the left we will end up with the mafia framing someone by, lets say killing YLC and blaming Cronos because he will be prime suspect, and you know how that goes, we will end up lynching Cronos and all the mafia will have to do is kill one more and he will win on night 2.
    Why would we auto-lynch Cronos?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

I didnt say we will automatically lynch him, or whoever it is for that matter but unless we can get somthing out of the writeup, or someone slips something, the framed guy will be the only one with some suspicion, and with the mafia's goading, will probably end up lynched

Scenario one:

Day one: Lynch; possible hit on the mafia. 25% chance (4 choices besides yourself)
    Night one: murder; leaves us with 3 remaining.
    Day two: Second chance to catch the mafioso: 50/50 choice (you won't vote for yourself)

Scenario two:

Day one: No lynch. No mafia dead. 5 remaining. (0% chance of killing mafia)
    Night one: murder. 4 remaining.
    Day two: no lynch. No mafia dead. 4 remaining. (0% chance of killing mafia)
    Night two: murder. 3 remaining.
    Day three. Only chance to catch the mafioso: 50/50 choice.

I like the odds better in scenario one.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Point, though choosing who to kill is going to be pointless until more than 2 of us are talking. Well, I say we wait until tomorrow (real not game tommorrow) and lynch anyone trying to lurk in a 5 player game.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 05-11-2009 at 02:34.

pick anyone besides me and I'll vote for them.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Well if we can get the mafia out of lurking by threatening to kill lurkers we should be able to get them talking, if they are talkative we have a chance of them accidentaly letting something slip.

Doubtful. More likely talking makes us paranoid and people will lynch each other for talking too much.

Oh noes that means blarg I am ded.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Oh, it's one of these games - read about them, but never encountered one. IIRC, there is a viable solution to win, give me a bit of time to see if I can't remember or find it.

Okay, so we have two useless cops and two helpful ones, since once an insane cop finds out he is insane, his results are just as valid as the normal cop.

Hmmm...what if we had a confidante? One person ingame who knew all the detective results? He would then be able to correlate them rather effectively, since the ONLY disturbance in the results will produce a "Innocent, Guilty" result. This person could also act as proxy to send in the orders for everyone, thus, this keeps any potential mafioso out of the loop.The only hitch is the town has a 20% chance of accidentally picking the mafioso for the confidante.

In the event that nothing comes of it, either the town has been manipulated by the Confidante, or the mafia have been really lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by YLC View Post
    Oh, it's one of these games - read about them, but never encountered one. IIRC, there is a viable solution to win, give me a bit of time to see if I can't remember or find it.

Okay, so we have two useless cops and two helpful ones, since once an insane cop finds out he is insane, his results are just as valid as the normal cop.

Hmmm...what if we had a confidante? One person ingame who knew all the detective results? He would then be able to correlate them rather effectively, since the ONLY disturbance in the results will produce a "Innocent, Guilty" result. This person could also act as proxy to send in the orders for everyone, thus, this keeps any potential mafioso out of the loop.The only hitch is the town has a 20% chance of accidentally picking the mafioso for the confidante.

In the event that nothing comes of it, either the town has been manipulated by the Confidante, or the mafia have been really lucky.
    I am opposed to this strategy. No, any results must be made public to all. I also have to admit I don't see any advantages the strategy brings to the table over public knowledge and people investigating who they choose.

Vote: Caius

He should have posted by now. He was online and posting on these forums when the game began, after the roles were sent out. Lurking means death. Any wise mafioso would kill off the talkative players so they might be able to sneak through the game, leaving the lurkers to perhaps even miss their vote. Might as well get rid of a lurker ourselves. Got a 25% chance of hitting him anyway.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 05-11-2009 at 10:52.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Right sure, public reveals aren't more damaging to the Town effort at all - that's why when someone posts their role PM, the mafia can't use it to fake their own, or say publicly saying what one person obtained from an investigation won't allow the mafia to make a nice guess as to what they should say they revealed for theirs.

By keeping knowledge away from one group, you make one an informed group and another an uniformed group, hence we would turn the tables on the mafia.

Vote:ATPG

Your oh so smarter then that.

Quote Originally Posted by YLC View Post
    Right sure, public reveals aren't more damaging to the Town effort at all - that's why when someone posts their role PM, the mafia can't use it to fake their own, or say publicly saying what one person obtained from an investigation won't allow the mafia to make a nice guess as to what they should say they revealed for theirs.

By keeping knowledge away from one group, you make one an informed group and another an uniformed group, hence we would turn the tables on the mafia.

Vote:ATPG

Your oh so smarter then that.
    Uh... we have precisely one investigation this game if we lynch this round. How does keeping it a secret help?

What was that about being smart?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

All right well since Greyblades is the only other one talking, I hereby nominate him to be the confidante we tell all our results to. And I nominate Cronos Impera as being the person we all investigate.

Vote for Caius!
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast