Thread: Is There A Landblock Mod For Africa?

Default Is There A Landblock Mod For Africa?

I'm playing a Carthage campaign right now and finding it to be very irratating getting attacked by Ptolomei every turn.
    There getting there shit pushed in by the Selucid's right now to, but still send every peice of crap they got at me across the desert.
    Any help would be great

Default Re: Is There A Landblock Mod For Africa?

u know that one city west of kyrene.
    I forgot the name atm but theres 2 bridges, assemble 2 stacks on both the bridges and rotate them every battle while u bring in reinforcements from the rest of the city. This could be full stacks or half stacks as bridge battles are extremely easy.

3 elite african pikeman + 4 miscalaneus infantry units and the rest archers/slingers is enough for any battle... or a elephant to scare the living hell out of the ptolemaio troops.
    Epic Balloon for my Roma ->

An easier method would be to use forced diplomacy to get a ceasefire. Then whenever they send they're units to attack you, just use the move_character cheat to send them away.

Quote Originally Posted by teh1337tim View Post
    u know that one city west of kyrene.
    I forgot the name atm but theres 2 bridges, assemble 2 stacks on both the bridges and rotate them every battle while u bring in reinforcements from the rest of the city. This could be full stacks or half stacks as bridge battles are extremely easy.

3 elite african pikeman + 4 miscalaneus infantry units and the rest archers/slingers is enough for any battle... or a elephant to scare the living hell out of the ptolemaio troops.
    Its not the battles , i waste everything they send , i just want them to sending .

Quote Originally Posted by MButcher View Post
    An easier method would be to use forced diplomacy to get a ceasefire. Then whenever they send they're units to attack you, just use the move_character cheat to send them away.
    Ive noticed in all my campaigmns , this to be a problem. Carthage and Ptolomei Fighting in the desert.
    I was thinking of a perms fix to keep the kids apart.

sorry but all AI factions are hard coded to hate you so they will send ceaseless stacks to attack you. Force a ceasfire upon them and have a gigantic army waiting at the bridge. This will block their movement and generally the AI will not attack your army unless theyre well balanced and relatively new.

All AI factions will fight each other... although i haven't really seen ptolemaio fight carthage in my campaigns... in fact.. i see ptolemaio fight against saba and seleukids and carthage sending their stacks via ships to iberia...
    Epic Balloon for my Roma ->

Quote Originally Posted by teh1337tim View Post
    sorry but all AI factions are hard coded to hate you so they will send ceaseless stacks to attack you. Force a ceasfire upon them and have a gigantic army waiting at the bridge. This will block their movement and generally the AI will not attack your army unless theyre well balanced and relatively new.

All AI factions will fight each other... although i haven't really seen ptolemaio fight carthage in my campaigns... in fact.. i see ptolemaio fight against saba and seleukids and carthage sending their stacks via ships to iberia...
    I play on VH so they attack no matter what you got, cause they send there Elite's and a good amount of them.
    Anyways crapy , would be a much better campaign with a landblock.

Or do what i did and download the Alexander engine for EB which gives u better AI so stupid things like that dont happen, i kinda feel sad that i wasted thousands of hours playing vanilla EB when i constantley had problems like this.
    From Olaf the Great

"Fight for your country -- that is the best, the only omen! ..." - Hector

Download Alexander Engine??? how can you do that unless you have the RTW Alexander in your computer? I am interested if there is an option since I do not wish purchasing Alexander (Already bought MTW II and Empire).
    From the markets of Lilibeo to the Sacred Band in the halls of Astarte, from those halls to the Senate of Safot Softin BiKarthadast as Lilibeo representative

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Running away from our problems, are we? I say you follow some of the excellent advice given here and gether up your strength for a cruel counter-attack. I have the same problems with Pontics knocking on the gates of Byzantion, but you don't hear me asking for a landbock for the gateway between the eastern and western world.

Maion
    ~Maion

Indeed... in the beginning I simply destroyed Ptolemaios and take all Egypt for me, but in time, it only brohght me to enter Siria and deviated me from my mediterranian interest. For a carthaginian role player, this is not of interest. In EB 1.2, however, Egypt is conquering alexanders old kingdom without bothering me...
    From the markets of Lilibeo to the Sacred Band in the halls of Astarte, from those halls to the Senate of Safot Softin BiKarthadast as Lilibeo representative

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

There used to be a great deal more "Sand Wars" between Karthage and the Ptolemaioi but the map was altered so that the two factions just barely touch. The team did not wish to completely separate the two and the result of the change prevented AI on AI wars most of the time. However, when you play one of the factions, the other will always attack you for the simple fact that the AI is programmed to hate you.

Usually, the AI will not completely defeat a faction that is at war with you, so the Seleukids will probably soon make peace with the Ptolemaioi so they can concentrate on fighting you.

Nobody has ever made a mod for EB that completely blocks off access through Libya.

Klibanophoros Ton Rhomaioktono Member Duguntz's Avatar

Well that's sound fair as we, also, are programed to hate AI!
    Opinions are like bacteries : we all have, but it's better to keep them for ourself... (By me!)

generously given by Nachtmeister
    generously given by Macilrille for Sweboz combat tactics
    Generously given by Brennus

lol.

I really don't care about those two peoples fighting for africa... As long I come in and take advantage of the Qarthadast's territories in ibera

The only province between theme is Kyrene, which is normally conquered by the ptolemaioi in the first few turns....

'Let no man be called happy before his death. Till then, he is not happy, only lucky." -Solon