Thread: How to cheat and get Marian reforms?

Default How to cheat and get Marian reforms?

I've been playing this game for awhile, but I was constantly restarting campaigns because of newer versions.

Anyhow, I am finally approaching the Marian reforms. I'll have all the conditions except for "popularis" and "consul" traits. How can I cheat to get them? I tried the "give_trait 'charcter name' 'trait'" cheat, but I kept getting "cannot find trait in database" or something to that effect.

Any advice?

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Default Re: How to cheat and get Marian reforms?

How about...don't cheat? They're easy enough to get. Make the promising Marius-looking guys fight plenty of battles-he'll become Consul soon enough. Then stick him in a city with a high level temple of Cerus. That'll help him get the popularis trait.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

just take 90 city

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Try checking the export_descr_character_traits.txt for the names of the traits you want to add. They are not always what you would think or are upper level traits in a series. Those two traits, however, should be what they say.

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Question Re: How to cheat and get Marian reforms?

Quote Originally Posted by Atraphoenix View Post
    just take 90 city
    What is so amusing? That is how I got to my Marian Reforms. I do suppose that campaign was one helluva blitz, but hey, I have a new Romani campaign due to start soon, right after I finish modifying and adding traits to EDCT as well as its related files.

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

I have got marians twice. Both by cheating. First you need to check how many cities you have. Say you have 45. Now, got to your EBBS.scripts and press control+F, and type 'unconditional' you'll need to scroll down a bit to where it says "unconditional player reforms something something "89" now edit that number to 45. (For some reason its 1 less than u actually need). Now save it and start up the game. Capture one more city and WALLA you have your marians. Hope that helps.

4x
    1x

Thanks. I think I did it correct. I haven't done it yet, so we'll see.

But why is seleucid mentioned all over in the Roman reforms part of the script?

Don't worry about it, it's something to do with all the new factions and having to swap hard-coded names or something.
    All men will one day die, but not every man will truely live.

Default AW: Re: How to cheat and get Marian reforms?

Quote Originally Posted by Aemilius Paulus View Post
    What is so amusing? That is how I got to my Marian Reforms. I do suppose that campaign was one helluva blitz, but hey, I have a new Romani campaign due to start soon, right after I finish modifying and adding traits to EDCT as well as its related files.
    Me too, 90 cities are not that much. Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Balloon Count: 4

My Greek Nobles:
    from satalexton, his name is Plato
    from satalexton, his name is Sōkrátēs
    from satalexton, his nam is Aristotélēs

Default Re: AW: Re: How to cheat and get Marian reforms?

Quote Originally Posted by Zett View Post
    Me too, 90 cities are not that much. Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
    Well, what's left to conquer after 90 cities? I thing rather 65-70 are enough, that means you have Spain, Gaul, Italy, West Africa, Greece up to Dacia.

Default AW: Re: AW: Re: How to cheat and get Marian reforms?

Quote Originally Posted by cezarip View Post
    Well, what's left to conquer after 90 cities? I thing rather 65-70 are enough, that means you have Spain, Gaul, Italy, West Africa, Greece up to Dacia.
    Go and play with more pikes. AS and Ptolies are your 'friends'. Also, if you have 90 cities, your empire is still small and have space to grow, especial as Romani. Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

My Greek Nobles:

Default Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: How to cheat and get Marian reforms?

Quote Originally Posted by Zett View Post
    Go and play with more pikes. AS and Ptolies are your 'friends'. Also, if you have 90 cities, your empire is still small and have space to grow, especial as Romani. Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
    Yeah, sure, to get to 90 you have to get Asia Minor, Syria + Egypt. So what's left after? That means you'll not have much space where to use your Marian Legions.

Default AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: How to cheat and get Marian reforms?

Quote Originally Posted by cezarip View Post
    Yeah, sure, to get to 90 you have to get Asia Minor, Syria + Egypt. So what's left after? That means you'll not have much space where to use your Marian Legions.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You see, still enough room to expand. Ptolies and AS are still alive too. And the greatest city of all is still not under Roman control. Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW 2009-05-27 14-09-45-84.jpg 
Views:	8537 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	164   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roma.jpg 
Views:	5025 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	165  
    Last edited by Zett; 05-27-2009 at 13:37.

My Greek Nobles:

Getting 90 cities with the polybian troops isn't that hard, but it is kind of a pain.
    If you try to do it the honest way make sure your general is a Plebeius, otherwise you'll NEVER get the Popularis trait... I haven't been able to do it despite some people on the forum saying they have. the hardest part I think is getting him to be a Consul. I think you basically just have to be in over 20-30 battles and have your general survive.

Question Re: How to cheat and get Marian reforms?

I tried to change the script as Vas recommened. It didn't work. I changed the "89" to a "45"; conquered 46 settlements but nothing. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by zarasophist View Post
    I've been playing this game for awhile, but I was constantly restarting campaigns because of newer versions.

Anyhow, I am finally approaching the Marian reforms. I'll have all the conditions except for "popularis" and "consul" traits. How can I cheat to get them? I tried the "give_trait 'charcter name' 'trait'" cheat, but I kept getting "cannot find trait in database" or something to that effect.

Any advice?
    Go into the script file where all those scripts are for reforms and get out your delete button and give it a good once over in some key areas and boom, you got yourself some marians.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanerz View Post
    How about...don't cheat?
    Pshhhh, what kind of advice is that? This is a computer game we are talking about, if its not modifiable I think two, three times before I get it. Makes it much more fun and enjoyable as well as making it last longer.

-ACIN