Poll: Which of these factions are worthy of EBII?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What suggested faction should be in EBII

Default Re: What suggested faction should be in EBII

I'm probably guessing Occultus is a faction to match the Casse in britain or the belgae. I could make out the three spinning things on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobin
    Can't say much for the system in my country right now but it doesn't really compare. Here they just steal money not votes.
    Where my parents came from, they stole votes with money and scoffed up all the government's coffers.....

'Let no man be called happy before his death. Till then, he is not happy, only lucky." -Solon

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
    bah! I don't care about the a3ajim, I just want more homies*.

*arabianz!!
    Well if it can be of any comfort, the sabaeans will be in with a larger unit rooster . And also Arabia will have many regionals as well, as we at least have to represent the different people living there better, both nomads and settled.

Well if it can be of any comfort, the sabaeans will be in with a larger unit rooster .
    A larger unit rooster you say? Gallus Gallus Extraordinarii? Red Junglefowl Cavalry?

I like this support for Syrakousai as well
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    A larger unit rooster you say? Gallus Gallus Extraordinarii? Red Junglefowl Cavalry?

I like this support for Syrakousai as well
    Ah no the Gigantus Gallus Gallus Arabicus. They are perhaps the largest birds ever to have walked the earth, and the ones with the worst temper too. The only thing that could stand in their path would be the 'what if' Bartix Gallus Gallus Deathraiophoroi'us.

No! I didnt know it was a multiple choice thread! I voted Judea, but I would have also said Syrakousai, Massilia, and the Bosporian Kingdom if I could.
    What time does not pervert, it destroys outright.
    From this we may conclude that there are no eternal truths, no limitless passions.
    There are only subtle deceptions.

~My brother's new book.

I voted for Syracuse , the Bosphorian Kingdom and the Belgae , but I would like to see another faction on the British isles too and another Germanic faction .

Just a question for the team however , though slightly off topic . Do you estimate/believe that there will be a problem with the number of unit slots since there will be a whole bunch of new factions ?

For example , is there a need to have two versions of some units in the game unit roster ( a normal and a mercenary one ) ?

Could the same unit slot easily belong to both " unit pools " ( but with a different upkeep cost ) ?

I know nothing of these mechanics but oversimplifying things I believe that the unit slots available are more than enough if the answer to the question in italics is "yes" .

And now for a really off topic question , I can't control myself I just want to know ; what do you intend to do with the "free upkeep" feature ?

There , I'm completely off topic , beat me to death , but tell me first .

Pretty please ?

heh

Satyros
    Smell the battle in the wind, before you see us.Winterhorde of furyride, the wind will lead us.

Loving being a Member Ghaust the Moor's Avatar

I only voted for massailia, but I would have voted for more had I known it was a multiple choice quiz. I would have voted: Massalia, Boii, Bastarnea, Emporion, and other (Cause I want GOIDILS!!!!!!)

I say the mod's just not complete without Judea. It is really the only one on the list that was truely important in any way. The others would just be need to have.
    What time does not pervert, it destroys outright.
    From this we may conclude that there are no eternal truths, no limitless passions.
    There are only subtle deceptions.

~My brother's new book.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros_III View Post
    I say the mod's just not complete without Judea. It is really the only one on the list that was truely important in any way. The others would just be need to have.
    How, in any way, was Judea "truely important" during this period?

Foot
    Last edited by Foot; 06-23-2009 at 21:31.
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

I'd say that the "con" arguments were convincing enough not to include this faction .

Satyros
    Smell the battle in the wind, before you see us.Winterhorde of furyride, the wind will lead us.

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    How, in any way, was Judea "truely important" during this period?

Foot
    Well it would be a very unique faction as in contrast to all others it wouldn't even exist more than half our time frame!
    Last edited by Moros; 06-25-2009 at 23:26.

I'd vote for the Bosporans if only to see what the EB2 Team digs up for references for their history, cause I know they're better at finding that janx than I am. /me is a parasite :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Cute Wolf View Post
    You should look Epeiros.... Pyrhhos historically dies in 272 BC, and kingdom of Epeiros was destroyed... sooner than Syracuse...
    Actually, not only did the kingdom of Epeiros limp on for four more decades without Pyrrhos I, it formed a federal league with Akarnania and survived until the aftermath of the Third Mak War...honestly, it's like people don't even read the "Year in History" popups...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    Well it would be a very unique faction as in contrast to all others it wouldn't even exist half more than half our time frame!
    That's just what they expected you to think...
    Last edited by Constantius III; 06-25-2009 at 02:14.
    "The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    Well it would be a very unique faction as in contrast to all others it wouldn't even exist more than half our time frame!
    This isn't unique at all. Epeiros, for instance, didn't exist for even 10% of the timeframe. Even mighty Carthage was laid to waste well before half our timeframe is passed.

Now, if you had said "wouldn't even exist until half our time frame had passed" it would be accurate.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Exclamation Re: What suggested faction should be in EBII

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros_III View Post

ROFLMFAO R U SERIOUS??!

I'm afraid he is......

'Let no man be called happy before his death. Till then, he is not happy, only lucky." -Solon

Way to go not commenting on Bovi's revealing post, you two.

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    This isn't unique at all. Epeiros, for instance, didn't exist for even 10% of the timeframe. Even mighty Carthage was laid to waste well before half our timeframe is passed.

Now, if you had said "wouldn't even exist until half our time frame had passed" it would be accurate.
    Quick! Someone get me a political map of the world from ~129 BCE through ~14 CE!

Don't think that was a hint, he was just correcting Moros's statement about Judea.

Oh, ****.

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post

Yes, that's what I meant.

Thumbs up Re: What suggested faction should be in EBII

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Oh, ****.

Voted for Bosporan Kingdom, Belgae and Trapados

What about a Galatian faction in modern day turkey area? There is a decent amount of history on it. I can dig some up. Tell what everyone thinks.

I would like a Galatian faction as well, the point is that in the area there are now 4 factions and adding Galatia means 5 factions there.

And we have alot of areas on the map where there are none or just one faction.

Though Galatians would make for some great gameplay.

5 factions battling in Anatolia would be epic. I would love to invade as Rome and have an intelligent AI have the 5 factions unite to expel the Roman invaders with a combined army of hardened Galatians, elite phalanxes, swift chariots and armored cavalry against the best Romans I have to throw at them. If only.....

The Chosen One Member Noddy The Beefy Egg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alsatia View Post
    As I got the the completely useless award for my last thread, here is something for everyone to talk about. What suggested faction/s should be in EBII? There are only 10 slots so go debating. If I missed anything, I am so sorry.
    who is the trapodos?!?!?!?

On my titles, Kaiser means king in German. So i'm the king

SELLING PIRATINGS OF THIS VIDEOGAME WILL RESULT IN PUNISHMENT BY CRUSHING

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Look it up.

Basically, a hellenic colony by the Black Sea, in Asia Minor. Trapezous is the name in-game.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Think it's supposed to be the city Trapezous.

edit: nevermind
    Last edited by bobbin; 07-14-2009 at 20:38.

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Woah 31 people voted Judea!

Remember Stele 1#?

Jewish faction:
    We know people love the Jews (Oh really?)and would want a Maccabean faction. Here is the deal though. The Maccabeans revolted a century after the game start. They would be an emerging faction which is something EB has decided not to have. If we did, you could bet Yuezhi would be in. Another thing is that the Jews would only control Judea and the consensus from reading sources is that the Jews would most likely be happy just to have Judea and not try to subjugate other nations or peoples, at least not on the scale that is in Total War games. We might add some more unrest to Judea, although the Jews seemed to have lived well enough under the Seleukids (before Antiochos IV of course) & Ptolemies before, as they were granted royal charters recognizing their rights.
    Last edited by Skullheadhq; 07-18-2009 at 11:48.
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

My little baby is still leading though <3
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    Woah 31 people voted Judea!

Remember Stele 1#?

Jewish faction:
    We know people love the Jews (Oh really?)and would want a Maccabean faction. Here is the deal though. The Maccabeans revolted a century after the game start. They would be an emerging faction which is something EB has decided not to have. If we did, you could bet Yuezhi would be in. Another thing is that the Jews would only control Judea and the consensus from reading sources is that the Jews would most likely be happy just to have Judea and not try to subjugate other nations or peoples, at least not on the scale that is in Total War games. We might add some more unrest to Judea, although the Jews seemed to have lived well enough under the Seleukids (before Antiochos IV of course) & Ptolemies before, as they were granted royal charters recognizing their rights.
    Probably we have a lot of jews here, stacking votes, and the ptolemaioi will not look the same of Judea belonged to.. well.... Judea.

Also, Kick the Belgae off the list, a occultus sig has been "uncovered". Martelus' sig has been found by Maion...

Don't mistake me for a jew, i'm not one.

EDIT: EPIC FAIL...
    Last edited by Alsatia; 07-20-2009 at 13:02.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast