Poll: Which of these factions are worthy of EBII?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What suggested faction should be in EBII

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Default Re: What suggested faction should be in EBII

Quote Originally Posted by Alsatia View Post
    Probably we have a lot of jews here, stacking votes, and the ptolemaioi will not look the same of Judea belonged to.. well.... Judea.

Also, Kick the Belgae off the list, a occultus sig has been "uncovered". Martelus' sig has been found by Maion...

Don't mistake me for a jew, i'm not one.
    silly fans

I guess we have to take our source of entertainment from somewhere. So how's the preview on Judea coming along?
    This space intentionally left blank.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    I guess we have to take our source of entertainment from somewhere. So how's the preview on Judea coming along?
    Fine we just finished the modelling of Herodian horse archers. But it's probably the Ekatontamachoi who'll steal the show. And it's very cool on how we'll represent the influence of the priest in the core mechanics. But I'll leave the details for the preview.

Wait, so you did ditch the zealot fanatics? Agh, that's a shame, with their AP Candelabrum.
    This space intentionally left blank.

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Jew Power FTW
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    Jew Power FTW

I think some people here have EOWJS.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

I see that the nabataean faction gets very little in the way of votes.

I also find it absurd how many people vote on factions that almost certainly won't be in EB2. I wonder how many actually read the FAQ's or faction manuals (the EB position towards factions). most mind bottling.

the fact that a staggering amount of people voted for the mauryan satrapy speaks volumes about popular demand, and its conflict with what EB most likely intends. this is not to say that I'm certain the maurya won't be in in any form, but unlikely.
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 07-25-2009 at 02:00.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
    I think some people here have EOWJS.
    EOWJS?
    What's that?

Its hopeless to suggest the right factions when there were so many states and tribes around at that period.

I really hope for an Illyrian faction, as it is located between West and East Europe, so with such a location it would be fun a faction to play, because you could choose where to expand to. Also I believe one of the most largest Illyrian tribes were the Panonnians (who themselves were split in several tribes) and perhaps the most significant Panonnian tribe was the Segestani (A sort of Celto-Illyrian tribe) who built the city of Segestica (an important Illyrian Pre-Roman city) and fought back the Romans numerous of times.

Though there is a problem with an Illyrian faction and that is there that there is a lack with information about that region and at this period... but I still hope.

Quote Originally Posted by hekk View Post
    Its hopeless to suggest the right factions when there were so many states and tribes around at that period.

I really hope for an Illyrian faction, as it is located between West and East Europe, so with such a location it would be fun a faction to play, because you could choose where to expand to. Also I believe one of the most largest Illyrian tribes were the Panonnians (who themselves were split in several tribes) and perhaps the most significant Panonnian tribe was the Segestani (A sort of Celto-Illyrian tribe) who built the city of Segestica (an important Illyrian Pre-Roman city) and fought back the Romans numerous of times.

Though there is a problem with an Illyrian faction and that is there that there is a lack with information about that region and at this period... but I still hope.
    Welcome to the .Org, Hekk
    An Illyrian faction would be nice indeed, but then again, there is a little less known about them at that era. But if there would be info, there would still be 2 provinces in Illyria, which is a bit less, don't you think. And even if they would be in, they would be steamrolled by the Epirotai in 270 BC.
    So I don't think it's that a good idea, but if they take one province from Ireland (or ditch the whole British Isles) the Illyrians could be in.

Pergamon only has one province, so I don't think that is a reason not to include them. Not much is known about them? Well same goes for the Saba or Casse, both are still included.

And Epeiros already has the Romans, Macedon and The Koinon Hellenon to worry about. Illyria could be a good faction if they find a way to include their (profitable) piracy.
    Exegi monumentum aere perennius
    Regalique situ pyramidum altius
    Non omnis moriar

- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

the fact that a staggering amount of people voted for the mauryan satrapy speaks volumes about popular demand, and its conflict with what EB most likely intends. this is not to say that I'm certain the maurya won't be in in any form, but unlikely.
    Honestly, an Hellenico-Indian satrapy on the far eastern fringe of the map would be badass. Probably one of the first faction I'd play.

But, as said numerous times, it can't be done due to the hardcoded cultures limit.
    Exegi monumentum aere perennius
    Regalique situ pyramidum altius
    Non omnis moriar

- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil View Post
    Honestly, an Hellenico-Indian satrapy on the far eastern fringe of the map would be badass. Probably one of the first faction I'd play.
    = Baktria, well except for the satrapy thing. And an Indian faction would add alot indeed! Yet many members have spoken against such an idea so I doubt whether it will be in.

Then again you make history after the start date so the future of such a satrapy could never be known gamewise.
    Last edited by Phalanx300; 07-26-2009 at 21:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil View Post
    maybe, but culture limits are a problem, and the EB policy that, where possible, have all the borders of an empire (steppe faction Saka are an exception). that and the fact that you need to make room in the EDU and DMB for the guard units, specialized elephant units, and later era units.
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 07-27-2009 at 05:20.

I also find it absurd how many people vote on factions that almost certainly won't be in EB2. I wonder how many actually read the FAQ's or faction manuals (the EB position towards factions). most mind bottling.
    Quite tempted to make a new poll without the definatley excluded factions, probably will.

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

If no one would dare, I will mod Colchis but I am very poor on modeling.
    I hope team will leave a space for a faction that moders may add later.

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Atraphoenix View Post
    If no one would dare, I will mod Colchis but I am very poor on modeling.
    I hope team will leave a space for a faction that moders may add later.
    Doubtful. I think the EB team may likely use up all the slots.

'Let no man be called happy before his death. Till then, he is not happy, only lucky." -Solon

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345