Thread: ANCIENT EMPIRES ELYSIUM

Default ANCIENT EMPIRES ELYSIUM

Hi. I'm limes. Everyone who was interested in AEE before I left TWC (and I hope still is interested :)) can find its new forum mod here:

Default Re: ANCIENT EMPIRES ELYSIUM

http://z10.invisionfree.com/aeelysium/index.php?act=idx

Factions and Campaigns

Shot at 2009-03-26

----------------------
    ----------------------

Testing campaign is started.

Turn 1. Area: Italy

280 BC. Roman Republic. Res Publica Romana et Senatus Populusque Romanus. Soon the greatest center of western civilization. Rome.

- Roman legions. Corfinum. Siege started.
    - Minor forces ordered to march from Rome north-east to Ancona.

Turn 2.

Ancona besieged by rebel army from Ariminum. Good that couple of fresh cohorts arrived just in time to defend the city.

- breaking the siege.

Success. Siege of Ancona is broken. Now it's time to face real danger. Two rebel arnies will try to break Roman siege at Corfinium. Two strong armies - one garrison form the city and second rebel army from Paestum...

When I pushed enemy from Ancona northern theatre opens...
    It'll be hard campaign. Rebels are very strong here.

Way to Arretium. Trasimene lake (can be seen on map above)

After hard battle Arretium is part of republic.

Time to strengthen weak economy and create plan for Pisae.

In the meantime few military actions against rebels must be be performed.

Pisae - taken from rebels

War with Epirus started. Epirus is strong faction allied with Gauls. I'm expecting that Gauls will attack new acquired Pisae, but now Tarentum is main goal. Big battle against Pyrrhus will clear situation.

Diplomatic arguments was not enough. Second front in opened. Northern Italy is in fire. Gaulish tribes - Insubres, Boii, Lingones, Taurini, Gaesatae declared War!!! Barbarians are coming.

After few skirmish action Gauls concentrate their forces to the north of Ariminum. I'm trying to buy some time to destroy Rebels and push Epirotes to the south. To Sicily...

Battle of Rhegium.

So much blood, so much lost hopes. Battle of Rhegium was decisive. Roma victor. Gaius Fabricius Luscinus (historical consul of Rome in 282 BC and 278 BC) lays siege to Rhegium.

Biographical note (from Wikipedia)

"After the Romans were defeated by Pyrrhus at Heraclea, Fabricius negotiated peace terms with Pyrrhus and maybe the ransom and exchange of prisoners; Plutarch (Pyrrhus 18) reports that Pyrrhus was impressed by his inability to bribe Fabricius, and released the prisoners even without a ransom. Fabricius was consul a second time in 278 BC, and once again successful against the Samnites, Lucanians and Bruttians. He also defeated Tarentum's army after Pyrrhus' departure from Italy to Sicily."

Gauls. Northern Italy

When Rhegium fell into Roman's hands all SPQR efforts concentrated on providing urgent support to Ariminum. Big Gaulish armies are closer and closer. Can Romans win battle with time...

Situation is serious. We can't wait any minute longer for support.

They've got axemen with them!!!

Battle of Mediolanum

Hi Limes..I must say GREAT JOB on the mod!! One of my TOP 3 that I play. AAE A+

(AEE) sorry

Any news about this MOD?