Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 2478

Thread: Twitter discussion

Default Re: Twitter discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Brennus View Post
    Don't forget that EBII has numerous steppe and later prehistoric temperate European factions (I couldn't bring myself to say "Celtic").
    ok you wanted a symbof of steppe nation i dont dissagree with this. the fact is this particular yellow logo make me wonder if the creator (no offence intented) took the idea from cheese crackers http://www.e-jumbo.gr/uploads/Images...-250g-zoom.jpg
    Last edited by clone; 07-12-2014 at 00:43.

Don't forget that EBII has numerous steppe and later prehistoric temperate European factions (I couldn't bring myself to say "Celtic").

Infact it doesn't even look "Chinese".
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Don't fight it Brennus... Say it!!! Celtic!!!! Celtic!!!
    -Silentium... mandata captate; non vos turbatis; ordinem servate; bando sequute; memo demittat bandum et inimicos seque;
    Parati!
    -Adiuta...
    -...DEUS!!!

Completed EB Campaigns on VH/M: ALL... now working for EBII!

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    Infact it doesn't even look "Chinese".
    maybe but it looks a bit cartoonish

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdrakak View Post
    Don't fight it Brennus... Say it!!! Celtic!!!! Celtic!!!
    Well the horse is based on the coinage of the Parisi and Sequani

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    maybe but it looks a bit cartoonish
    In that case I would advise you never look at La Tene artefacts in the Waldagesheim style, or late Celtiberian pottery from Numantia, or Ligurian sculpture, or the "giants" produced by the 8th century BC Sicels, or the Scythian artefacts from Pazyryk to name but a few.
    Last edited by Brennus; 07-12-2014 at 11:25.

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

Members thankful for this post (3):

Well the horse is based on the coinage of the Parisi and Sequani

In that case I would advise you never look at La Tene artefacts in the Waldagesheim style, or late Celtiberian pottery from Numantia, or Ligurian sculpture, or the "giants" produced by the 8th century BC Sicels, or the Scythian artefacts from Pazyryk to name but a few.
    what i am trying to say i would like the logo to be more like this based of the taste eb1 has give me (the colours,the Schema of the logo https://img407.imageshack.us/img407/...6aaarrgqd1.png
    of course the logo is nt the most important thing in the mod
    Last edited by clone; 07-12-2014 at 13:07.

Ah I see, point taken. We're not sure what the plan is with the logos yet, so you need not worry.

clone 

Ah I see, point taken. We're not sure what the plan is with the logos yet, so you need not worry.
    of i course i dont

It looked fantasy driven to me. But, then again, most fantasy is based off ancient, Northern European cultures.

Blog Entries

thx that you included the akkadian infantry in the sneak peak! great stuff!!!!!

Overhand spears for the Akkadian infantry. Interesting design choice.

The latest tweets and sneakpeaks have been taking my breath off, very impressive!

Just a question, are Pahlavah and Hayastan going to have the same horse archer and foot archers units as the Sauromatae or different units?

Pahlava have their own horse Archers. You can see some Pictures in an old tweet. Hayasdan has a whole range of units as well, many are however shared with Pontos, and are more general anatolian/caucasian units. Of course, they can recruit sauromatae units as well as mercs, or as regionals.

Thank you for the answer!
    I just asked because in the sneakpeak Brennus posted about Pahlavah, the unit cards for the horse archers, foot archers and nobles look like the ones from the Sauromatae preview. That didn't seem to fit in the filosophy of EB of showing the different cultures instead of generic types of units but since I know there is a lack of manpower to create units and that many will have to be shared between factions I was a bit afraid that necessity had lead to such a decision.

Now I'm happy!

PS: But yes, now I remember the tweets, I think I have the images stored somewhere on my harddisk and they are awesome. :)

The presence of some Sauromatae units in the preview pictures was due to the Pahlava recruitment being reworked and not fully finished, and some Sauromatae placeholders were there for the time being. That will not be the case in the release.

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

So my Polybian Hastati are trying to slaughter some of Brennus' beloved Woad Warriors up in the Scottish highlands, and it's my job to see if the unit stats are playing out correctly in battle, but I just...keep...getting....distracted....by the scenery. One of the hazards of EB2!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Polybian Hastati vs Pritanoi.PNG 
Views:	388 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	13680
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Members thankful for this post (4):

Cant blame you! It is beautiful... Good job who-ever-did-it!
    -Silentium... mandata captate; non vos turbatis; ordinem servate; bando sequute; memo demittat bandum et inimicos seque;
    Parati!
    -Adiuta...
    -...DEUS!!!

Completed EB Campaigns on VH/M: ALL... now working for EBII!

Quote Originally Posted by kdrakak View Post
    Cant blame you! It is beautiful... Good job who-ever-did-it!
    That would be Tux.

can i ask something about egyptian machimoi. is it accurate that some soldiers of that unit have beards? werent egyptians shaved
    Last edited by clone; 07-27-2014 at 12:46.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    can i ask something about egyptian machimoi. is it accurate that some soldiers of that unit have beards? werent egyptians shaved
    The might be aping the styles and grooming of their Macedonian rulers.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Hellenism was an incredibly powerful cultural force for indigenous peoples. Although some people actively rejected it, some went to great lengths to immerse themselves in Hellenistic culture, to the point that some Jews attempted to reverse their circumcisons to as to appear Greek when in the gymnasium.

clone 

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Hellenism was an incredibly powerful cultural force for indigenous peoples. Although some people actively rejected it, some went to great lengths to immerse themselves in Hellenistic culture, to the point that some Jews attempted to reverse their circumcisons to as to appear Greek when in the gymnasium.
    In support of this, even if someone doesn't genuinely adopt Greek values and mores, there's a much simpler material reason to do so. Money and influence. The rulers were Macedonian, there weren't enough of them to go around, and they relied upon Greeks and Greek-speaking natives for the tier below the elite. Aping Greek culture meant a much wider scope for enrichment and social advancement.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

thanks for the answer. i would love if you use nile mosaic somewhere in ptolamaic ui
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nile_mo...Palestrina.jpg

I have a feeling it is already in there.

I just want to say beautiful work you guys have done so far. Thank you for all the time effort and passion you guys have put into making this mod. Honestly its far better than anything out there right now. The attention to detail..the commitment to historical accuracy..for those of us who love this time period and history in general this is like food and drink to us. We all appreciate the time you have taken away from your personal lives to make this happen. Cant wait till release day..and thank you again guys!
    Last edited by Skald; 07-30-2014 at 03:09.

Members thankful for this post (12):

+ Show/Hide List

First let me say that I check your twitter account several times a day now and I'm always happy to see all the news reporting the brilliant work you guys do, not only in the last few weeks but have done for many years now! Couldn't express my gratitude any better than Skald did in the post above!

New Strat & Battlemap Advisor portraits for all cultures - Kull
    Secondly, would it be possible to show us some of these new advisor portraits? :)

And i would absolutely love to see some strategy map screenshots from the Boii like you did with the Ptolemis already!

So many tasty things on Twitter! =)

I particulary liked this one:

A couple faction rosters(includes regionals and mercenaries) for the first release: pic.twitter.com/koz11W7VaY
    Awesome! The rosters for Epirus, Cartage and Sweboz look pretty complete and very interesting!
    I just have a couple of questions:

I gess this is the roster for custom combat. Why this choice of mercenairs/regionals? Why the Sauromatae have Celtic and Greek units available but not Germanic, Baltic, Getic, Thracian, Anatolian, etc?

Since the Lugiones will not have the Warowinoi (Men of Might) and the Nokwlentoi (Night Fighters) in the first release, will they be like a weaker cousin of the Sweboz (that seem to have a few more heavier troops) or will the quality/availability of some of their core troops make for the difference? And will both factions be able to fight toe to toe in open terrain other more tecnologicaly advanced factions (like the hellenes) or will they have allways to resort to ambushes, forest fighing and numerical superiority in order to have a chance?

Member Member Eastern Foot-Rocker's Avatar

Oh no! I forgot that important thing with the thing for guy with the thing! New estimate: August 2016 -- abou
    you are kidding... good joke :D

Thank you for all the effort you put in promoting the mod in the last few days! Every day has a pleasant surprise! :-)

One question to the Takashila unit roster: Will their generals ride elephants? or why do they have 3 kinds of them? (Indian, Indian armoured, ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos Karchedonios View Post
    Thank you for all the effort you put in promoting the mod in the last few days! Every day has a pleasant surprise! :-)

One question to the Takashila unit roster: Will their generals ride elephants? or why do they have 3 kinds of them? (Indian, Indian armoured, ?)
    Yes, they're mounted.

Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283 LastLast