Page 66 of 83 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 2478

Thread: Twitter discussion

Default Re: Twitter discussion

Up the Keltoi! ;)
    I really do hope the RP aspect concerning FM´s will be improved. I also hope it will be possible to adjust the relationships/dependencies between FM ethnicity and their "homelands" in a way it would be of a benefit, and therefore encourage the player behaviour towards using the named characters more adequatly while ruling their estates/leading more "native" armies under their command ( recruitment bonus, public order bonus, etc. ) to i.e. Insubre when gouverning/defending Mediolanum ( hope that was a correct correlation^^ ).
    Keep up your dedicated work people, and, btw. my congrats Brennus for beeing part of EB Team, along with Atraphoenix! ( late, but anyway :s )
    - 10 mov. points :P

Damn, I should stop reading these posts. It just makes me wanna play EB2 too badly, and makes the wait even worse

MOAR KELTOI!!!!

I always liked the ethnictity trait in EB, not for it's coding purpose but for the idea of my fms not all beeing "Gauls" "Greeks" or "Persians"
    Last edited by Ca Putt; 01-29-2013 at 17:28. Reason: correcting a potentially cynic typo
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

BTW in line with scripts and traits for the Keltoi, will there be anything like titles?

Something like uniting the gaulish tribes, will earn the faction leader the title of Uerkingetoriks? Or even for each ethnic family tree, its leader would have the corresponding title for that tribe?

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

We are hoping to have a few events scripted for the Celtic factions to represent historical events and some of these will confer honorary titles upon FMs (including Vercingetorix). Also, Edorix has kindly come up with faction specific titles for the Celts, depending on what system they historically used to select their leaders.

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

Member thankful for this post:

Arjos 

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Tux and nazgool finishing off the UIs for all the factions, only a few more to do. You are in a real visual treat when you see 'em!- Brennus
    Work is definitely speeding up lately: awesome ^^

Who likes ponies? ~Tux pic.twitter.com/nREP0DEtqT

Another pony finished: https://imageshack.us/a/img716/8062/69831774.jpg … ~Tux
    I distance myself from any possible meme :P
    Still very realistic (I see a very similar one every day ^^), great job!
    Last edited by Arjos; 03-04-2013 at 12:50.

All Celtic temples (Areuakoi, Pritanoi, Aruernoi, Aedui, Boioi) finished. Now to plug some other Iron Age gaps - Brennus
    Working with Alexandrivs on Celtic campaign events. Thought conquering Gaul was easy in EB? Think again. Verincingetorix is coming. -Brennus
    In unit dev we're now filling the blanks in the important areas of the Adriatic Sea and the Red Sea. Nice looking units they have. ~JMRC
    Great news all together. The Celts are getting much focus lately, but I also like hearing about those "nice looking units", any chance we might see them?

Member thankful for this post:

In unit dev we're now filling the blanks in the important areas of the Adriatic Sea and the Red Sea. Nice looking units they have. ~JMRC
    Perhaps he means filling them... with factions?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Great news today!!

You mean Brennus' one about Pritannoi descriptions? Could be. Could be misinterpreted.

the pirate queen faction maybe ? if the dalmatae or autoriates would be implemented it would be nice but since the boii have been introduced it´s highly unlikely since the area can quickly become overcroweded and with the defeciences on the diplomatic ai it could become a messy unmanagable stuff

Member Member Eastern Foot-Rocker's Avatar

New team member: Talented 2D artist Skyn0s who has completed work on the battle and campaign User Interface. - Brennus
    So much news in the last few days. Good news! It seems that the progress is moving with large steps.

That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar

The Arverni oppida looks excellent!
    + =

3x for this, this, and this

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Foot-Rocker View Post
    So much news in the last few days. Good news! It seems that the progress is moving with large steps.
    Or the EB team is only now publicising old news in order to drum up enthusiasm. So long as the mod is released within the next century, though, we needn't worry. I wouldn't mind a percentage estimate of how much of the mod is completed instead of a release date. Even a rough figure would suffice.
    Last edited by Rex Somnorum; 04-28-2013 at 01:43.

"Or the EB team is only now publicising old news in order to drum up enthusiasm. So long as the mod is released within the next century, though, we needn't worry. I wouldn't mind a percentage estimate of how much of the mod is completed instead of a release date. Even a rough figure would suffice."

Grow up. It's FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved the new buildings!! Really cool work!

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Or rather any percentage is just completely meaningless. Let me give you an example:

I want to code in ten buildings. Right now I have eight of them - five were copy-pasted from EB1, so that was done in no time. Three were meticulously researched by a historian, which took him two months to get the sources and write the descriptions, an artist is drawing the icons and he already made two sets, but he has some RL issues right now so nobody knows when he can finish the third one.
    about the remaining two buildings we just know we need them for game mechanics to work, but we have no concept how we will present it in game, nobody has started really digging into the sources and concepting them, let alone writing description or drawing icon.

So what is the progress on these ten buildings? If I just say it is 80% done it tells you nothing about whether it will be finished yesterday or next year or never. Or we might find out that we need not two more buildings, but rather six to make it cooler and strategically deeper - suddenly the progress would drop from 80% to just 50%...

That is why we do not give any percentages and we never will. We do not know them ourselves, it is impossible to even guesstimate them and it tell nothing about when the work gets done.

Fine enough... I think that the users are just attracted to progress bars ;).

Anyway, a general estimated release date of the open beta would be nice, I think. Nothing specific, but also sth more useful than "in this century". Let's start with sth simple:

Do you think that the first version will be released this year or not?

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

I personally certainly wish for, pray for and try to do my best for having open-beta well before this year end. But whether it actually happens depends on too many factors, namely real life restrictions any of the Team members has to deal with. Therefore really - annoying as it may sound - the only fair answer to that question is the one it always has been - it will be done when it is done. Sorry, but that is the way it is and promising more is both tricky and unrealistic.

Be assured we all want it to happen as soon as possible and so did all Team members in the past, even the ones who are no longer active. But we are all real people with real lives and none has the luxury to give this project all the time one would wished to. Before I joined the Team myself I never realized nor would have guessed how much some Team members sacrificed to this project in terms of their health and/or family lives. Yes it is free to the community, but many developers payed dearly for it already.

And we still have a long way to go...

I completely understand that every EB team member has made sacrifices IRL and thats why i have said time and time again to open donations and let people give something back to you for your efforts ... you will that way atleast be working for something and receiving a little money for your efforts may drive you to work harder theirfore produce better quality work in maybe a sooner time.

As i already said i play on a minecraft server that has made over $6000 in just 8 months from people donating to keep the server running, the guys running the server are now doing it at a profit. I guaren...DAMN TEE that people will donate to you amazing people making this work of art more so than they would to god damn minecraft. I know most of you guys are older with jobs and lives as am i but their are tonns of geeks who are editing and working on projects with their fingers up their asses sat behind pc screens day in day out who surely can contribute to your cause for a little money. I know guys playing world of warcraft who will do anything for a dollar.... i just wish i could help but im not so computer literate, i cant even install windows to my god damn PC.. arrgghhhh.

Anyway god speed to us all.
    Last edited by lionhard; 04-28-2013 at 17:16. Reason: spelling mistake
    From Olaf the Great

"Fight for your country -- that is the best, the only omen! ..." - Hector

I have not been waiting as long as many others here, because i learned of this project only back in 2010. Of Course it can be frustrating to wait for such a long time, and not hearing of any progress for weeks/months, but from what we have seen so far the quality makes up for the time.
    Especialy when you say that the team´s family life and even health suffers for this project, the fans should be more humble with their demands.
    By the way, as I see it, there is a lot of work being done the last few months, we have two totaly new factions, the new "barbarian" settlements, and lots and lots of nice sneak peaks. So there is light at the end of the tunnel :P
    What you guys are doing here for free, and all the effort, should be enough for a medal.

Quote Originally Posted by V.T. Marvin View Post
    Or rather any percentage is just completely meaningless.
    Ever heard of the placebo effect? The point of releasing a percentage would be largely psychological - to reassure fans that work is progressing - regardless of any logical justification or lack thereof.

I fully appreciate the effort and sacrifice of the EB team members and understand social and life pressures can interfere with progress, but I am not a rational being and refuse to accept complicated, uncertain equivocations in lieu of simple, unadulterated falsifications.

Back on topic, though. The Celtic oppidum featured in the last screen shots seem rural enough but lack the delineated fields expected of agriculture. Seems more like open meadow instead. From my admittedly limited reading, that seems unusual. Is there some explanation?
    Last edited by Rex Somnorum; 04-29-2013 at 01:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Somnorum View Post
    Back on topic, though. The Celtic oppidum featured in the last screen shots seem rural enough but lack the delineated fields expected of agriculture. Seems more like open meadow instead. From my admittedly limited reading, that seems unusual. Is there some explanation?
    We're still in the process of learning how to work with the battlemap buildings.

"Death Smiles at Us All,all a Man Can Do Is Smile Back."
    Maximvs Decimvs Meridivs, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Iberian Gladiator.

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

There are many more buildings to put into the Oppidum. However some oppida did have large areas in which there was little or no settlement; Manching for example.

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

i believe that a rough beta test for a small part of the map could already be done something along the lines of anarchy total war where bituriges casse/pritanoi sweaboz arevaci lusitanii boii arverni and eduii could fight with each other and where basically short time victories would be easy to acomplish but the constant high unreast would make a long term occupation of non original regions extremly dificult and resource consuming

you could even add the hellenes romans and etruscans to protrait how "civilized" people where most of the times at the mercy of the unwashed barbarians and why romans and hellenes feared and hated the gauls so much while at the same time it was almost impossible for those barbarians to effectivly get rid of those perky perfume users and take their lands (altough most of the times it was basically a matter of if a warlord got too powerfull he would be murdered )

should be fun to play altough probably historically inacurate but except for the arverni and pritanoi the teuton council could most of the times be used to make sure that once a great king died his gains would be split into several new factions (we could even pick the son and the city/cities army/armies that we could get depending on the son we choose)
    @lionhard i once made such a proposition but if the team got money from exploring a sega creative assembly traderight product or whatever it could be the end of the project in court only way they could pull that out would be with a signed agreament from those who created the engine the interface and the whatnots in the original rtw projects with the current owner of the game agreament

short story : it´s just too messy to pay people to develop something that isn´t yours and as such could be stripped from you and all your hard work would be "stolen" by the evil corporative machine and you wouldn´t even get the laurels and recognition for your hard work

moonburn im 99% sure that rome 2 has stolen so many ideas from EB so does that give the EB team the right to take the creative assembly to court? You may say, that i am wrong and that RTW 2 and just flourished with all the same ideas brought forward in EB and EB2. It is absolutely criminal that the EB team does not get any thanks from the creative assembly and other mods for RTW that came after EB that based their ideas on EB's format. It truley shows that the guys who put all the time and effort into this are saints in their own rights. One thing i cant stand is people copying without acknowledging their predecessors. Little rats
    From Olaf the Great

"Fight for your country -- that is the best, the only omen! ..." - Hector

Quote Originally Posted by lionhard View Post
    moonburn im 99% sure that rome 2 has stolen so many ideas from EB so does that give the EB team the right to take the creative assembly to court? You may say, that i am wrong and that RTW 2 and just flourished with all the same ideas brought forward in EB and EB2. It is absolutely criminal that the EB team does not get any thanks from the creative assembly and other mods for RTW that came after EB that based their ideas on EB's format. It truley shows that the guys who put all the time and effort into this are saints in their own rights. One thing i cant stand is people copying without acknowledging their predecessors. Little rats
    Or one could see that as a victory for the original, and enduring, EB teams. The original mod was started to rectify the greatest of the ahistorical features of RTW, after CA/Sega ignored the group who had been trying to put them right. If RTW2 is a little more (and it appears that it will only be a little more) historical in content due to EB and the reaction to it, thenthe point has been well made.

Do you actually know of anything they have stolen?
    Or is it just you speculating?
    I can honestly not think of anything.
    Last edited by cahtush; 05-01-2013 at 21:15.

What would be the purpose of suing CA, exactly?

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Noone is going to sue CA or Sega, nor have they stolen anything that I know.

Please let's get back on topic and discuss the twitter updates.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Twitter discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    Noone is going to sue CA or Sega, nor have they stolen anything that I know.

Please let's get back on topic and discuss the twitter updates.
    What he said. However, with your permission, I'd like to add two comments:

moonburn im 99% sure that rome 2 has stolen so many ideas from EB so does that give the EB team the right to take the creative assembly to court?
    Copyright does not protect ideas. It protects the execution of ideas. If CA was copying the actual material used in EB (the texts, the art works, the coding), it would be another matter, but stealing ideas is not a crime. As long as the execution is different, it isn't a violation (nor should it be, in my opinion).

Secondly, the similarity between certain R2:TW and EB art-works may be because they both are based on archaeological artefacts. This type of "copying" (where two creators take their inspiration from the same source) occurs more often than people think. Again: unless there are many such "copied" elements, I wouldn't assume CA is using EB as their primary source.

(Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer; this is not legal advice; consult a professional; etc., etc.)
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Page 66 of 83 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast