Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283 LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 2478

Thread: Twitter discussion

Default Re: Twitter discussion

So..this is pretty awesome:

The long awaited preview of the Romani faction on the campaign map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2vuJrECi3o
    Last edited by Horatius Flaccus; 08-13-2014 at 10:28.
    Exegi monumentum aere perennius
    Regalique situ pyramidum altius
    Non omnis moriar

- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

With development closed for first release and bugs in installer being fixed, time to work on some heavy metal: kataphraktoi! - abou
    The content is now finalized! However, looks like that isn't stopping some members from continuing on the work for the next version.

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

Why would we stop? We're already agreed on the second lot of units which we are putting into the 2nd release.

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

How many new units (for the 2nd release) are planned if I may ask?

It is not quite set yet, so we'll see. The second batch will probably be a little more modest that the first, but we're looking at more than just a handful, that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Brennus View Post
    Why would we stop? We're already agreed on the second lot of units which we are putting into the 2nd release.
    I thought you all were going to take a short break in development after release to correct bugs and errors.

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    I thought you all were going to take a short break in development after release to correct bugs and errors.
    That and a well deserved rest!

Member thankful for this post:

Are Jewish spearmen included in the first release? Their unit card featured on the Bosporan roster.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Most of the historians and 2/3D artist aren't involved with coding and bugfixing. Also creating units is rather slow for kingdoms, so we don't want to fall behind and lose momentum. In fact we could use help on that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Somnorum View Post
    Are Jewish spearmen included in the first release? Their unit card featured on the Bosporan roster.
    They are, but if I recall correctly they are using a placeholder model at the moment, shared with another unit (can't remember which).

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridates VI Eupator View Post
    They are, but if I recall correctly they are using a placeholder model at the moment, shared with another unit (can't remember which).
    It's one on the Kimmerios Bosporos roster that they're sharing the placeholder card with.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridates VI Eupator View Post
    Thureoporoi.
    They only need some textures changes afaik.

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

In any case they are in the build, recruitable in campaign by Seleukids and Ptolemaioi.

Battle of Asculum (279 BC)

Pyrrhus vs Mus

???

I really hope you're keeping that "Path blocked" gaphic :D
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Putt View Post
    I really hope you're keeping that "Path blocked" gaphic :D
    It's in the first release.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

I saw your latest tweet and went over to that mod website where I was thrilled with the barbarian settlement preview. It looks cracking and it does look like it will make it a lot tougher to take the settlements.

Anyway I then saw in the comments section that someone was promising a release date of the 23rd if the Steam installer works.

Now I know I shouldn't ask this but I have resisted for about the 8 years I've been on this forum checking some times daily and sometime weekly BUT is it coming out today?

No problems if not it would just be nice to know and be able to plan getting time away from my wife who is 8 months pregnant with our first child which takes some doing as she has to be my main priority (well I say that while trying to plan time away from her to play a flipping mod, and don't judge me because I'll bet you'd all do the same, and to be fair I've been in a relationship with EB for longer than with her, and once the baby does come I guess I'll have even less chance to play).

Oh and also I saw a link there for a steam community for online EB2 play which I joined if anyone else wants to join as well that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by olly View Post
    once the baby does come I guess I'll have even less chance to play.
    Nonsense - just make a deal with your wife to look after the baby on alternate nights. Now, all you need to play EB2 is one mouse hand. So you can hold the baby with the other arm, and since you won't be getting much sleep anyway when it's your turn on duty, you might as well play EB2 all night long! Get a little sleeping mask for the baby to cover its eyes, so the light from the computer screen won't stop it sleeping. If you wear wireless headphones you can play quietly without waking the baby (or your wife), and still have full freedom of movement when its feeding time.

;)
    Last edited by Titus Marcellus Scato; 08-23-2014 at 08:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Marcellus Scato View Post
    Nonsense - just make a deal with your wife to look after the baby on alternate nights. Now, all you need to play EB2 is one mouse hand. So you can hold the baby with the other arm, and since you won't be getting much sleep anyway when it's your turn on duty, you might as well play EB2 all night long! Get a little sleeping mask for the baby to cover its eyes, so the light from the computer screen won't stop it sleeping. If you wear wireless headphones you can play quietly without waking the baby (or your wife), and still have full freedom of movement when its feeding time.

;)
    You see this is why I keep coming back to this forum. You just learn stuff everytime. I didn't even know mini sleeping masks existed. Thanks.

Member Member Eastern Foot-Rocker's Avatar

"father, why have you forsaken mom and me?"

"It's cause... when you were born, EB2 came out... I had to decide!"

Quote Originally Posted by olly View Post
    No problems if not it would just be nice to know and be able to plan getting time away from my wife who is 8 months pregnant with our first child which takes some doing as she has to be my main priority (well I say that while trying to plan time away from her to play a flipping mod, and don't judge me because I'll bet you'd all do the same, and to be fair I've been in a relationship with EB for longer than with her, and once the baby does come I guess I'll have even less chance to play).
    I have two children (so far). Trust me when I say, for the first month or so, you'll have plenty of free time since the baby will be asleep a lot of the time. And if she's sensible, your wife will sleep when the baby does. So you'll find yourself with a lot of time on your hands, at first.

Worry about later when the only "free time" you will have is when everyone else is asleep, and at the expense of your own sleep.

(I laugh because otherwise I'd cry, children are the death of regular, fulfilling sleep)
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

So, what's up today? Checking the unit lists, the new building icons, and fiddling with the release announcement... -Mithridates VI Eupator
    This just under an hour ago.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    This just under an hour ago.
    twitch :) twitch :) :)

Is it rude to ask if the mod might really be out this weekend? Tough I'm waiting for years now I'm really getting nervous even tough I know a few days more or less do not really matter. (Might be even better for me if ti takes longer as my final exams are in two weeks, but still I would prefere EB II right now ;) ) Sorry to bother you with this never ending question...

At the moment I'm following many incomplete games and mods, I'd like to thank the EB team for giving a release date even if it's just an estimate. So many projects get uptight and plain rude when asked(by paying customers even) for release dates. I'll be happy even if August doesn't happen, at least the team has been very open lately with what needs to be done before release. Keep up the good work and continue to keep your fans well informed.

I can't believe it's happening... I remember 7 years ago when EB 1 was released.

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Great job Fluvius, starting a master at the university monday the 1st of september... Can't the release be stalled for another year?

~Fluvius
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    Great job Fluvius, starting a master at the university monday the 1st of september... Can't the release be stalled for another year?

~Fluvius
    As you wish, the release is now postponed until September 1, 2015.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

In all seriousness, we are coming down to the final strokes. Release announcement is ready, new web site is ready, the mod is ready, and we *think* the last glitches have been worked out of the installer and the steam play. But still need to get it uploaded and then downloaded by the team for final testing to be sure. Things could still happen in that last phase, but if not....
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Members thankful for this post (3):

I think my heart just skipped a beat!

Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283 LastLast