Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283
Results 2,461 to 2,478 of 2478

Thread: Twitter discussion

Default Re: Twitter discussion

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I have two children (so far). Trust me when I say, for the first month or so, you'll have plenty of free time since the baby will be asleep a lot of the time. And if she's sensible, your wife will sleep when the baby does. So you'll find yourself with a lot of time on your hands, at first.

Worry about later when the only "free time" you will have is when everyone else is asleep, and at the expense of your own sleep.

(I laugh because otherwise I'd cry, children are the death of regular, fulfilling sleep)
    Sorry for the delay but I read this on my phone when you posted it and only just remembered to reply. Thanks for the advice which is really handy to know and I do really appreciate it. Anyway it will be great but I just want as much time as possible to play before D DAY.

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    In all seriousness, we are coming down to the final strokes. Release announcement is ready, new web site is ready, the mod is ready, and we *think* the last glitches have been worked out of the installer and the steam play. But still need to get it uploaded and then downloaded by the team for final testing to be sure. Things could still happen in that last phase, but if not....
    You're cutting it awfully close.

Like I said I would be shocked if it was released in August. I've managed enough projects to know the timeframe you guys laid was incredibly optimistic. But if anyone deserves a little luck, it's you guys.

Good luck. And shock me baby.
    Last edited by fallen851; 08-25-2014 at 06:40.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fallen851 View Post
    You're cutting it awfully close.

Like I said I would be shocked if it was released in August. I've managed enough projects to know the timeframe you guys laid was incredibly optimistic. But if anyone deserves a little luck, it's you guys.

Good luck. And shock me baby.
    Thanks for the good wishes!

This is exactly why we decided to announce a month, and not a day. And to make sure we hit that target, the original stop work was August 4th, with a caveat that if we were close on some important issues, we'd extend it, but not for more than 1 week. Which, in fact, we did. Here's the checklist for the final week, along with end status (at that time - several are even further along today):

Code:
    7 strat map characters (Nazgool/Alin) - Complete - ZERO medieval guys are left!
    Integrate GRANTO Battlemap AI (GRANTO/Kull/joshmahurin) - Will delay until after the first release
    Province Descriptions (Deathfinger) - Complete (All the existing ones are in)
    Recruitment for new units (V.T. Marvin) - Complete (All the existing ones are in)
    Revisions to Naval System (V.T. Marvin) - Complete
    Finish off ALL Silver Surfers (Kull) - Complete (Just some middle/late period models to get later)
    Revised Seleukid Family (Kull/abou) - Complete
    Revised Sauromatae Family (Kull/Arjos) - Complete
    Sweboz Tribal Icons (TheTank/Tsar) - Complete - Needs final review
    Integrate and Test the remaining Herunoudōzez (Alin/Kull) - Complete
    Replace Missing Unit Cards with EB1 cards (Spendios) - Complete
    Unit Battle Banners (Tsar) - Complete (just a few glitches)
    Fix Nomad Camp sally bug on all camps (Makanyane/Kull) - Complete
    New EB2 Intro movies (xHolyCrusader) - 3 of 28 long, 25 of 28 short Complete for 1st release
    New animations for long shield units using "prec" javelins (Alin) - Complete - and many more!
    So by EOD on 8/11, everything was pretty much ready to go. And from there we built a series of installers (we are on #5 today), and during testing the team found a number of issues that took roughly the past 10 days to sort out. If something critical pops out in the current round or it turns out we didn't solve some from the last round, then back into the cycle we go. But the good news is there are vanishingly few things left to worry about, the end is very much in sight, and "August" is absolutely going to happen.

But only because we gave ourselves a ton of leeway and didn't try to force the release into a 24 hour window selected months before (THAT would have been craziness!)
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    So by EOD on 8/11, everything was pretty much ready to go. And from there we built a series of installers (we are on #5 today), and during testing the team found a number of issues that took roughly the past 10 days to sort out. If something critical pops out in the current round or it turns out we didn't solve some from the last round, then back into the cycle we go. But the good news is there are vanishingly few things left to worry about, the end is very much in sight, and "August" is absolutely going to happen.

But only because we gave ourselves a ton of leeway and didn't try to force the release into a 24 hour window selected months before (THAT would have been craziness!)
    this is so illuminating! most people don't realize there's so much to do for an installer, including me... hopefully version 5 will be the last! (for this release!)

NIN, coffee, and elite phalangites. - abou
    Any chance for some more units for bosporos?

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thoras View Post
    Any chance for some more units for bosporos?
    There will be, but they currently are not the ones that are being worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tux View Post
    And Blxz was saved by Noble Wrath.

Indeed a pseudo-corinthian is the correct and now to your prize Noble Wrath, some eye candy and explanantions related to the workflow.

The historians gathered some pictures from various sources, such as coins, for some of the type of helmets used in Eb2, in this case:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

However this isn't too useful for a 3d artist and hard to use so a concept artist will draw some detailed blueprints based on these. In this case, Gleemonex, a former member and great artist who sadly dissappeared:

Finally based on this, and thanks to Gleemonex for the decoration in the concept, the model and textures are created:

And finally we have a low and can also have high poly version of the given helmet.

I hope you enjoyed this sneak peak and have a better understanding of how our workflow is in some cases.

Which unit will have the privilege to wear it?

Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post
    Which unit will have the privilege to wear it?
    No clue, better ask paullus. :)

it said that is for Pergamese FM. Whats that? I wonder why you dont use the same realistic hairs and plumes for the rest of the units as well like the roman ones.

Quote Originally Posted by EB Twitter
    ...Yeuzhi archers,...
    Does that mean there are concepts or plans for a new version of the EB I Yuezhi invasion event? That would be awesome as ****.
    Last edited by Adalingum; 11-02-2014 at 21:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalingum View Post
    Does that mean there are concepts or plans for a new version of the EB I Yuezhi invasion event? That would be awesome as ****.
    If we ever get some artists to do units, then yes.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tux View Post
    If we ever get some artists to do units, then yes.
    Damn, I hope you get the help you need to make that come true. I'd apply myself, but I lack both the required skills and time to be of any use :(

Bump!

Lots of amazing looking previews on the EB Twitter!
    Last edited by Paltmull; 05-20-2015 at 19:40.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Quote Originally Posted by Paltmull View Post
    Bump!

Lots of amazing looking previews on the EB Twitter!
    Thanks for this post :D I forgot it exists on this forum as well :D :D. I'll make sure i post every time a new update is posted on twitter, so you guys can see when new things will be on.
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Member thankful for this post:

New tweet from the African battlefields
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Man, those Garmantines look sweet!

Here's hoping for some Eastern units :3
    War is a puzzle with morphing pieces

I make Ancient Weapons and Armor

Blog Entries

Just seeing the late Gldgmtk. (badass work btw) Will carthage be able to recruit them too?

Oh god those Dranik Gund looks sexy as hell <3
    War is a puzzle with morphing pieces

I make Ancient Weapons and Armor

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283