Thread: Honor Tactic Requirements- Protectorate Colonies

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

Default Honor Tactic Requirements- Protectorate Colonies

Hey everybody,

Well, I think we all know about Louisiana, New Spain, and the 13 Colonies. I propose several 'Honor Rules' to make gaining these colonies more difficult/realistic. Here they are:

1. You must wait until at least half-way through your campaign to gain your Protectorate Colonies

Ex) Long campaign: 1750
    Short campaign: 1725

2. If you want to acquire the Protectorate Colonies, you must only send armies of factional troops overseas to them.

Ex) You cannot train any non-native/militia units in America; you must instead send all others overseas.

3. Using the above rule, you can only send a progressive amount per turn, starting at 10 and moving up by 1 a turn.

Ex) The first time you send troops over, the limit is 10. The second time you send troops over, the limit is 11. Third time, limit is 12.

4. You must never go to war with any of your Protectorate Colonies. If they go to war with anyone in their theater, you must send at least 5 units over, and the limit is 15.

Ex) If, say, the 13 Colonies and the UP go to war, then there is no need to intervene, unless one side actually makes a move against your Protectorate Colonies. In which case you would have to send at least 5 units to aid your Colonies.
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Default Re: Honor Tactic Requirements- Protectorate Colonies

Historically though, colonists DID serve in regular British army. Many of the US revolutionary leaders were former British officers... On top of that, colonial militias were almost exclusively locally recruited.
    Last edited by Slaists; 06-30-2009 at 16:27.

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

i am aware of that; these are more of improving gameplay so you just can't raise enormous armies of proffesional soldiers in a far off colony.
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Well, for most factions colonial line has worse stats than the European one.