Thread: Half size armies question

Default Half size armies question

Every so often all of my troops get reduced in size to exactly 1/2 their original size. On all continents in all regions. For instance, all my full units of 120 soldiers become 60 soldiers.

Is this normal? I thought it might be assocaited with having 0 money but cannot find any reference anywhere. I guess my google-foo is non operational...

kwait nait Member Monsieur Alphonse's Avatar

Default Re: Half size armies question

When you get the bankruptcy message your armies will be reduced by a half. Your soldiers are deserting when they are not paid properly. To avoid this you have to be sure that you have enough money and that your cash flow is positive.
    Tosa Inu

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

Default Re: Half size armies question

what i find useful is to disband all non-essential units. so if you have at least a region on all sides of your city, or it is hard to get to (like paris) you probably dont need anything but policeing forces. i just try to keep public order at a minimum of yellow.

pre-patch, i had like 4 full stacks in my marathas campaign, making like 25,000 a turn. now, i find it very costlly to maintain 2 armies in any campaign. i reccomend keeping 1 war going at a time, and not initiating war with anyone until that war is done. that way, you can justify having just one army.
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object