Thread: Modding help

Default Modding help

Hey everybody i want make 1 mod,but i dont know nothing about modding
    I want make medieval total realism
    My first question is does here have emergency factions?if yes are they counting into 31 factions?

Default Re: Modding help

I want to know everything about modding.You guys can give me link for tools and tutorials ?
    Thanks

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Ok, I'm gonna tell it the way I see modding, so please forgive me if this comes off like I'm trying to talk you out of it.

Modding is a very time consuming process, many months and quite possibly many years of time and effort go into modifications, especially larger mods that aim to totally convert the game. If you are unlikely to be able to make the commitment required (i.e. not have the time or motivation) then do not try as it'll be a complete waste of time.

If you are absolutely determined to create your very own mod for MTW and you are willing to spend the time then I would suggest reading both of the following tutorials:
    This one, at GameFAQs.
    And this one, here at the Org.
    I admit that both are rather old, outdated and incomplete, but both serve as a starting point for modding. Most of the work is done by hand (opening up text files and typing in what you need), but I can offer you one tool that will make life just that much easier: Gnome Editor. It's neigh on essential for editing troops, buildings and the projectile entries.

Ahh what else can I say really? The tutorials above will walk you through it most of the way, just read them, re-read them, and then (and only then) modify your files (there's also the Golden Rule of Modding to remember: backup your files!). Nothing is worse than putting in some bad coding and ruining your entire game, possibly corrupting saved campaigns, or even worse...

If you think know you're up to the challenge then go ahead and mod like there's no tomorrow.

One final word is that if you are ever stuck, you've broken something, or you've just generally need help, don't hesitate to ask - Either me or one of the other (very friendly, I might add) MTW modders will help out.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Thanks too much i will try make any mod if i can