Thread: Changing country's "ownership"

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Default Changing country's "ownership"

Pardon my weak minded title. I don't seem to have any command of the language today. I should also apologize in advance because I've asked this before.

I want to mod the game so I can have some European countries start off as Mongol countries. I know the file to get into, but do I just have to change France to Mongol, or do I have to change every building type and unit as well?

Any and all help is much appreciated by this bear of little brain.

Thanks.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Default Re: Changing country's "ownership"

Very easy to do. Find the relevant startpos file. In your case Late.txt(?). This is inside the \Medieval - Total War\Startpos\ directory. Find the "SetRegionOwner::" section and simply change the owner by changing the faction name there. e.g.:

Code:
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LITHUANIA FN_GOLDEN_HORDE
    If an entry for a certain province does not already exist then you can create it under the "SetRegionOwner::" section.

You may also need to find the "MakeUnit::" section and change the unit types that are being placed in the province. e.g.:

Code:
    MakeUnit:: ID_LITHUANIA			GoldenHordeWarriors			60	PAGAN_CULTURE
    MakeUnit:: ID_LITHUANIA			GoldenHordeHorseArchers			40	PAGAN_CULTURE
    MakeUnit:: ID_LITHUANIA			GoldenHordeHeavyCavalry			40	PAGAN_CULTURE
    The "PAGAN_CULTURE" forces the placement of the Mongol units regardless of the starting religion of the province.
    Last edited by caravel; 08-11-2009 at 09:01.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

You da man!

I'm looking forward to having half of Europe under Mongol control when the game starts. I'll be holding back the horde with my longbows. Sweet.

Thanks.
    Unto each good man a good dog

hehehe it is always fun to see new people enjoy this

One more advice;
    When changing a region owner, also remove the units of othes nations being built there AND change the province religion inthe attributes.

For example if this is your line for lithuania and you want to change the owner to the horde (who are pagan religion).

SetAttributes:: ID_LITHUANIA "Lithuania" 3 ORTHODOX_CULTURE

Change the orthodox_culture line to PAGAN_CULTURE so they wont have much trouble with rebels and stuff in their provinces.