Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Preview: The Romani

Default Re: Preview: The Romani

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Septimus Severus View Post
    The Consuls can move anywhere they want , with the permission of the senate off course,
    Diplomats,Spies, and Asassins can move any where they want to go
    Ok now i'm so confused i will just let it go
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Couldn't you increase the movement points for a character who is a consul so he can actually go on campaign

Coloniae in EB II
    The colonia building will become an important part of the game for the Romani faction. The first level will represent the first colony founded in a region and higher levels will represent the foundation of additional coloniae.

I) It will allow recruitment of Roman factional troop types with a low replenishment rate.
    II) The colonia will gradually increase the percentage of the city-state religion in a region.
    III) Each level of the colonia building permits the city-state religion to rise to a progressively higher value.

Historically, foundation of coloniae was dependent on a supply of willing colonists. Consequently, coloniae will only become available for construction or upgrade periodically. The construction of coloniae will only be possible in provinces that already have a road or port.

Later in the game, when the professional army has been established, an unlimited number of coloniae militares will become available. However, it will also become necessary to build them in order to continue recruiting factional troops from any source. Coloniae militares serve as a source of recruitment for factional troops and will be the only source of recruitment for Evocatae.
    Will we be able to do something similar with the Carthies and the Diadochi? Since they also colonized areas with Liby-Phoenicians and Greeks respectively. Or was that a too rare occurance to be put in the game (if I'm not mistaken and they even did it)?

And, before I forget, thanks for the preview and EB in general.

I'm surprised I missed this. This looks amazing!
    What time does not pervert, it destroys outright.
    From this we may conclude that there are no eternal truths, no limitless passions.
    There are only subtle deceptions.

~My brother's new book.

Quote Originally Posted by Markus_Aurelius View Post
    Couldn't you increase the movement points for a character who is a consul so he can actually go on campaign
    I would suggest simply dramatically increasing the movement points of all family members. A small group containing the mounted retainers of just one individual, would have been able to move around much quicker than is currently represented.

This would allow a more strategic use of Generals.

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

And also cause a disease known to men as AI blitz...
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

When will the Romani section get a new-style EB2 signature, like the other factions?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

My guess would be at the next Romani preview.
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Quote Originally Posted by JMRC View Post
    Thank you! It's very important to know that some players will be waiting for EBII even if takes a long time to do.

We're preparing the next preview with roman units. Summer vacations have delayed this a bit, but we hope to release it very soon.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

...George Patton

History repeats itself because CA wasnt listening the first time (or any other)

My Roman experience was awesome.

Thanks for making such a good mod.

Quote Originally Posted by neoiq5719 View Post
    Well, this is the reason why we avoid giving too much info about previews... But since you "asked", let me say that we're delayed due to scarcity of modelers and skinners. So, if you know someone with good skills, let me know. Until then, I guess you'll just have to be more patient.

"Death Smiles at Us All,all a Man Can Do Is Smile Back."
    Maximvs Decimvs Meridivs, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Iberian Gladiator.

very cool!

Well this can substitute rome total war 2 :DDD Good work eb team

Blog Entries

I'm a huge fan of the romans ROMA VICTOR!! nice job here guys

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456