Thread: Campaign Goals & Ages, new Settlement type, elections

Question Campaign Goals & Ages, new Settlement type, elections

Hi All
    I'm still quite new to modding, yet I already plan to make some big mods...
    I want to ask about some things here, I can't found it. Perhaps ya could give me some link or answers to these?

1. How do you change Campaign Goals? -vanilla-
    Note: For the vanilla please, sometimes it seemed for me very much unreal in the vanilla campaign goals (long campaign); why would Hungary & Poland need to conquer Jerusalem? perhaps Novgorod and or Kiev along with Vienna is somehow better than that. And with the task of erasing factions too (eg Poland - erase Russia & HRE).
    And so too to edit lifespans, I think 60-65 years are too young for Medieval times, the average lifespan should be about 70-85 years for Generals & Families, 65-70 for Priests (Catholics, as the oldest age acceptable to go on a papal election is 70 -real-, for Orthodox and Muslims 65-75), 70-80 for Diplomats, and 60-70 for spies and assassins.

2. New type of settlements
    I'm currently planning of a Mod, FTW (Feudalism Total War); exposing major fiefs of England, France, Germany, kingdoms of Ireland & Scots, and city-states of Italy (eg Duchy of Burgundy in France, Kingdom of Bohemia, Margraviate of Tuscany, County of Barcelona, Kingdom of Dublin etc), and so I'm thinking of making new types of settlement on it - like the Abbey, for religious purposes (and chapter houses). Palace for the royal estate, And to make Ports a settlement too.
    Each type of settlement will have advantages too; in Abbey, priests have higher piety, chapter houses constructable. In the palace, better Gen. Bodyguard, Princesses and better ancillary and traits for family. And lastly ports - 15% higher trade income.

If u have any suggestions for other types of settlements are good too, including the answer okay...

3. Elections
    This will be used for HRE - to make the Mod more historical; as you know HRE itself is an elective monarchy - so I want to make it an election like the Papal ones when they die (the electors are the duchies, generals, and also elders of the Family (Age 55>)

The 'preferati' for the HRE elections are the three with the highest... umm, let me call it 'electoral points', so e.p. = total of (command + influence + piety + chivalry/dread points).

Any suggestion of point 3 for other elections is also welcome and so too offering to be patrons for me are also welcome too.
    "Lamun huwus kalah nusantara isun amukti palapa!

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

Default Re: Campaign Goals & Ages, new Settlement type, elections

70-85 years? fat chance. you'd be lucky to live to 65.
    and diplomats, spies, and assassins who are that old wouldnt realistically be useful, so if you must, think of them dying of old age as simply retiring. i would imagine the oldest age someone could be an effective assassin is maybe 45-50ish
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

Well for the spies and assassins that idea of 45-50 is quite realistic too yet their age when recruited should possibly be a young one too, about 18-25. About diplomats I think again their recruit age may have been older about 30-40 yet their death shall stick to 60-70, while priests begin young 18-25 and finish at 60-70. For princesses it shall be younger; 15 years as a start and as an end for their 'career' shall be 40. After that they would came back like the other woman in the family as usual - waiting for any pursuers for an addition on the royal bloodline.

But for the family and gens it shall stick on 65-80, of course with a new trait which degenerate their abilities naturally (esp combat abilities eg hitpoints), like the traits such as scarred, hale and hearty and so shall be taken off once they reach age 65. So it would be a realistic one too.

i think that the priests should live to about 80-90, simply because priests tend to have long lifespans, and the FM's need to be retired at maybe 60-65. you don't belong on the battlefield or an administration when you can't remmeber what you had to eat 10 minutes ago.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

1. win conditions file. Make sure the naming is proper or you'll crash. Requires new game.

2. Not possible. Only city or castle.

3. Check out the HRE mod in the mod section, they managed to do something but i think abandoned it.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Magistrate of Pirkka Member Sebastian Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arkan Dzovski View Post
    1. How do you change Campaign Goals? -vanilla-
    Note: For the vanilla please, sometimes it seemed for me very much unreal in the vanilla campaign goals (long campaign); why would Hungary & Poland need to conquer Jerusalem? perhaps Novgorod and or Kiev along with Vienna is somehow better than that. And with the task of erasing factions too (eg Poland - erase Russia & HRE).
    And so too to edit lifespans, I think 60-65 years are too young for Medieval times, the average lifespan should be about 70-85 years for Generals & Families, 65-70 for Priests (Catholics, as the oldest age acceptable to go on a papal election is 70 -real-, for Orthodox and Muslims 65-75), 70-80 for Diplomats, and 60-70 for spies and assassins.
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_win_conditions.txt

This is how it is there:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    poland
    hold_regions Jerusalem_Province
    take_regions 45
    short_campaign hold_regions ;Jerusalem_Province
    take_regions 15
    outlive russia hungary

The age thing is bit limited. It's a hard line where they die so you cant really get 15 years variation there. And the lifespans you want to do are unrealistic to that time. Not even the current avarage life expentancies reach that high. Keep in mind that theres no health food and antibiotics there. The ones going beyond 50 are the nobility that stay home. The travelling of the time also takes its price on the elders so 70 years old general isnt something you see a lot.

IMO The diplomat/princess system is a fail in general. If I where to choose there wouldnt be princesses on the map at all, diplomatic connections would be automatic and bribes would be handled by spy's.
    Humans very easy to make and very hard to understand. - SS

Well perhaps priests, for Islam, Orthodox, and the other religions shall live until 80-90, so too the Catholics...

But for the catholics - could I make them ineligible once they've reached the age 70 (I mean - make them, no matter in the college of cardinals or not, when once reached the age of 70 will no longer be able to be got through the college)

And how about if for the FM and generals, they shall live on to 65-75. But when they reach the age 65 they will be unable to do battle anymore (and if possible, automatically take out the command points once they've reached age 65).

O well for the HRE election thing thank you very much FactionHeir.

I don't think retiring cardinals at 70 is reasonable, but the generals becoming non-combatants at 65 is a good idea. perhaps a script taking away all command points, but also giving bonuses to taxes, trade, etc. I think giving him traits making him a 6-star geeral when besieged would be nice too; if he was so great, he should be able to command troops in defense still, right? but giving him a crappy bodyguard is a must as well, making him un-useable in any battle.

The main reason of retiring cardinal is that - An eligible cardinal for the papal seat is those of age 45-70, a fact of Vatican itself.

Hey, your idea of scripting the old FM are great, PrussianIron - Love that. Shall try that soon.