Thread: Retrain

Default Retrain

When an AI army multiple suffers loses can it retreat back to a city/town and retrain troops in one or two turns to be a full strength army again?
    I also wanted to know if you retrain troops - say a veteran troop with 3 cheverons does the AI replace the loses with experienced troops or do you have inexperienced troops mixed with the seasoned veterens?
    "This is no way for a leader to behave, but in battle it's beyond belief."

Default Re: Retrain

I believe the AI cannot retrain it's units in TW games. Unless this has changed in ETW?

In RTW retraining is a huge exploit because retrained unit retains the full valour and upgrades of the original unit.

Deranged rock ape Member Quirinus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Asai Nagamasa View Post
    In RTW retraining is a huge exploit because retrained unit retains the full valour and upgrades of the original unit.
    Not necessarily the full valour, it depends on the number of men left in the unit. If there is a gold-chevron 10-man unit of hastati, for example, retraining it to its full strength of 80 usually reduces its chevrons to one or two bronze ones.
    WARNING! This baseline signature should never appear on screen!

Not for me quirinus, I have had for example 3 men on 1 gold chev retrained up to full size and still retain their gold chev.