Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change Faction

Lover of Beauty Member Imperator Invictus's Avatar
    in the lands of the Free Dacians, just outside Dacia Felix

Question Change Faction

Can I change the faction with whom i've started after some years, with another faction??
    And please tell me how..

Default Re: Change Faction

I'm 99% sure that's not possible
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator Invictus View Post
    Can I change the faction with whom i've started after some years, with another faction??
    And please tell me how..
    I think you can, but your original faction will be very deficiently controlled by the AI.

I don't remember how to do it, though.

Try forum search, I've found it that way some months ago. Take something like "take control of faction" or similar.
    It works with using a console command via script. And yes, I've already done it and it works. I just don't remember how.
    Last edited by Lysimachos; 09-29-2009 at 17:29.
    Read about glory and decline of the Seleucid Empire... (EB 1.1 AAR)

from Satalexton from I of the Storm from Vasiliyi

Good idea, it is possible to slaughter Ptolies by AS, lead Carthage army to the Rome, and only then play Casse.

It is indeed possible, and is done through the use of the wonderful genericScript. The genericScript is a file inside EB/Data/Scripts. At first glance, it doesn't look that impressive; it only has one command inside it at the moment, which should say something like:

script
    command_console toggle_perfect_spy
    end_script
    All this does is reveal everything inside all the settlements and armies on the campaign map(that you can see) when activated. But you can write in pretty much anything you want into the genericScript, including a changing factions. This can be done pretty easily. Simply add this line in after toggle_perfect_spy(or, if you prefer, replace the perfect_spy command with it):

command_console control "faction"
    (no quotes, so the syntax would look like "command_console control romans_julii" for example)

That's really all there is to it. Now, in order to activate the genericScript, all you have to do is press "F1" on your keyboard, which should bring up a help window. Click on the "?" in the top corner of the window, and your advisor will pop up, asking if you want to activate the genericScript. Click on "show me how", and, presto! Whatever commands you put into the genericScript will be instantly carried out! In this case, you should have control of a different faction. After you've switched factions, you should probably save, and then reload that save, otherwise you'll still have the UI of the previous faction you controlled.

The genericScript can be used for a variety of other things as well. You can kill characters, or even spawn them (I'm looking at you, Hannibal Barca), as well as a large variety of other handy things. You can change it as often as you like without it messing up your saved games, and unlike the EBBS(the background script), it will carry out your commands only if and when you choose to activate it.

Thumbs up Re: Change Faction

Wow, talk about good luck. I was aout to do search for this when I saw this thread.

Thx, Epi.

Thumbs down Re: Change Faction

Epimetheus, thank you very much!

"you're the man"

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anubis88 View Post
    I'm 99% sure that's not possible
    Quote Originally Posted by Epimetheus View Post
    It is indeed possible
    You're a bad gambler, anubis
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Talking Re: Change Faction

Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    You're a bad gambler, anubis

Is there any way to put the right government resources after you switch faction? If not the only worthy faction to switch would be the hai

Quote Originally Posted by Raiuga View Post
    Is there any way to put the right government resources after you switch faction? If not the only worthy faction to switch would be the hai
    What do you mean worthy to switch? You mean you start as the Hai and switch to another? or switch TO the Hai? I do know the Hai start with type III and then after Pan Caucusus you can get type I (I should know, I only play the Hai campaign millions of times).
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

You can simply remove the restrictions on gov1 and gov2 in export_descr_buildings.txt. Given that the ai governments get spawned that only effects you. That would be "and building_present_min_level hinterland_precursor homeland" for gov1 and "and building_present_min_level hinterland_precursor expansion"for gov2.

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    What do you mean worthy to switch? You mean you start as the Hai and switch to another? or switch TO the Hai? I do know the Hai start with type III and then after Pan Caucusus you can get type I (I should know, I only play the Hai campaign millions of times).
    Let me make clear in one thing....I was not calling the Hai unworthy, far from that. I realy like playing with them, I fell such a rush in the start of the campaign (I'm currently playing a campaign with them and I'm loving it)

What I said or at least I wanted to say is that when you switch to a faction, the government resources maintain the same as the previous faction. If you change to Hayasdan at least you have the chance to upgrade these resources...

Sorry for my English.....it's a little bit rusty

This is the script, but I use it in other mod (maybe forgot romans_senate factions)
    Anyway try this for change faction during campaign.

http://www.zshare.net/download/715844899c163e69/

Paste in generic script or simply renamed this text.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Aulus Caecina Severus; 01-23-2010 at 14:43.
    Proud Roman General

just a quick question, will the faction you change to start from basic or will you inhertit everything it has become?
    From Olaf the Great

"Fight for your country -- that is the best, the only omen! ..." - Hector

Quote Originally Posted by lionhard View Post
    just a quick question, will the faction you change to start from basic or will you inhertit everything it has become?
    Everything, depends only to counter-variable that change when local factions change.
    Proud Roman General

Quote Originally Posted by Raiuga View Post
    Let me make clear in one thing....I was not calling the Hai unworthy, far from that. I realy like playing with them, I fell such a rush in the start of the campaign (I'm currently playing a campaign with them and I'm loving it)

What I said or at least I wanted to say is that when you switch to a faction, the government resources maintain the same as the previous faction. If you change to Hayasdan at least you have the chance to upgrade these resources...

Sorry for my English.....it's a little bit rusty
    No problem, but no matter who you switch to, why don't you just destroy government, build provisional government, and make your type I or whatever gov't you want? No problem eh?
    Former Projects:

No problem, but no matter who you switch to, why don't you just destroy government, build provisional government, and make your type I or whatever gov't you want? No problem eh?
    ok ok....there's no problem in that

at least we both love playing with Hayasdan

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Somebody knows how you pronounce Hayasdan?
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    Somebody knows how you pronounce Hayasdan?
    Hayasdan is pronounced Hi (as in the short way of saying Hello), As (as in how the Brits pronounce ***), Tan (with an unaspirated T, as in how the Spanish pronounce the T in Telefono). There is no obvious stress but there is slightly more stress on last syllable than any other, as is usual with our language.
    Former Projects:

On a slight side note, isn't the name "Hayasdan" a little anachronistic for EB? From what I can tell, the -sdan suffix was linguistically borrowed from the Parthians after they were conquered by them, so it seems to me unlikely that the kingdom of Armenia would have called itself that anywhere in EB's timeframe. Wouldn't it be more likely to be referred to as Hayk' or Metz Hayk'?
    Last edited by Epimetheus; 01-25-2010 at 04:47.

Hi Vartan

How is the phrase 'governor of Hayasdan' translated to your language?

On a slight side note, isn't the name "Hayasdan" a little anachronistic for EB? From what I can tell, the -sdan suffix was linguistically borrowed from the Parthians after they were conquered by them, so it seems to me unlikely that the kingdom of Armenia would have called itself that anywhere in EB's timeframe. Wouldn't it be more likely to be referred to as Hayk' or Metz Hayk'?
    Actually, that's not a surprising misconception that the suffix was linguistically borrowed from the Parthians. Most Armenian words can be figured out by their parts. Hay refers to our people. As means here, in this, or this. Dan means at the home, at this home, or just home. The word HayAsDan in essence, if you want to be literal, or if you approached my territory and I told you HayAsDan...it means here live the Hai in this house (referring to the lands of Armenia as home, just as other nations have their homes).

Quote Originally Posted by intifadanyz View Post
    Hi Vartan

How is the phrase 'governor of Hayasdan' translated to your language?
    We do not say Governor of Hayasdan.

Past: King of Hayasdan - Known as Hayastani Tagavor, but also as Hayastani Arkah (both meaning the King of Hayasdan, Arkah being I believe related to Arche...can somebody clear up etymology of Arche because something inside me tells me it's from Hellas - and us Armens/Hai have till today many interaction with the Hellenes so it may have been adopted, including the famous Arkahi Arkah {King of Kings} title).
    Former Projects:

Ah, I see. Hardly surprising given that my knowledge of Armenian is pretty much limited to the online research I did for that AAR I was doing a while back, but it was something I noticed that was nagging at me.

Oh I see,

so what is the title for the marz governor during Mazpanakan Hayastani? (marzpanate period?) Is they used the same title (Hayastani tagavor / Arkah?)
    Last edited by Nyz; 01-26-2010 at 08:28.

Ah, I see. Hardly surprising given that my knowledge of Armenian is pretty much limited to the online research I did for that AAR I was doing a while back, but it was something I noticed that was nagging at me.
    Can I see your AAR? I've done so much Hayastan over and over again but never wrote anything, cause I know I'd end up writing it all in Hayeren (Armenian) anyway. With English translations

Oh I see,

so what is the title for the marz governor during Mazpanakan Hayastani? (marzpanate period?) Is they used the same title (Hayastani tagavor / Arkah?)
    During the few centuries that eastern Hayastan was under Sassanid control, known to us as Marzpanakan Hayastan, the man that the Sassanid ruler chose to rule over Hayastan was known as the Marzpan. He was ruling in name, because throughout all time, when all was said and done, the Nakharars ruled the land. Even though the Marzpan was clearly Sassanid, our Sparapet (leader of armies of Hayastan) and our Hazarapet (leading the civil project, economy etc. how do you say in English? He control domestic stuff, haha) were Armenian.

Don't forget the rebellion of the Mamikonians, starting with St. Vartan (God bless him) who did not give in to Persian pressure to drop Christianity, and continuing with Vahan. After Sassanids...lots of Arab rule LOL hurray this is why I study more PRE-Christian Hayoc Patmutyun (History of the Hai).

**Ignore the minor transliteral differences between Hayasdan and Hayastan, it arises from phonological differences (myself, being Eastern and not Western, find the phonological expansion via adoption of Caucasian sounds (e.g. unaspirated t, k, p, etc.) massively progressive as opposed to regressive as it means I have a larger soundset and I no longer have to wonder which of two letters corresponds to the same sound).
    Former Projects:

Hi Vartan

Thanks for your explanation. hmm during Marzpanakan Hayastan, were the Hayastani Marzpan (is this phrase right?) appointed from Armenian ethnicity or from Persian etchnicity? What about the Hayastan province? Were the Great Hayastan Marz received a Marzpan? or divided into several Marz and received several Marzpan? What about the Marz surround Hayastan, like Aghvank and Atrapatakan? were each province appointed a Marzpan?

Hi Vartan

Thanks for your explanation. hmm during Marzpanakan Hayastan, were the Hayastani Marzpan (is this phrase right?) appointed from Armenian ethnicity or from Persian etchnicity? What about the Hayastan province? Were the Great Hayastan Marz received a Marzpan? or divided into several Marz and received several Marzpan? What about the Marz surround Hayastan, like Aghvank and Atrapatakan? were each province appointed a Marzpan?
    I don't know about the minute details, and if you really want to know about all the sub-divisions within Armenia as a whole, think of it this way. All of geographical Armenia under Sassanid rule had essentialy one ruler, a Persian Marzpan that was appointed by Sassanid chief himself. All those that ruled the provinces within Hayastan herself were Armenian, nothing more nothing less. It's been this way traditionally. Our Nakharars were always quite autonomous.

Hayastani Marzpan means Marzpan of Hayastan (as the suffix -i refers to possession, "of").
    Former Projects:

Can I see your AAR? I've done so much Hayastan over and over again but never wrote anything, cause I know I'd end up writing it all in Hayeren (Armenian) anyway. With English translations
    Can you see it? Well it was posted here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=121684.

I didn't get to far with it. I ended up having to cheat so much to survive a massive Sauromatae invasion that it kinda stopped being fun. I've been thinking about picking up on it again, but I've made so many small modifications to my copy of EB since then that I'd have to reinstall one of my older archived versions. Plus Pontos has been nagging at me to do an AAR for it for a long time now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast