Thread: How to change campaign unit speed?

Default How to change campaign unit speed?

I am wondering is there any way I can make the units on the campaign map move ALOT faster? Their animations are painstakingly slow which forces me to set the option to hide AI movements, but I'd really like to see their movements I just can't bear the 2-3 minutes it takes to go through all their slow movements.

I notice that if I click my mouse the animation speeds up but it gets tiring constantly clicking every time a unit moves. I am hoping there is some setting I am unable to find that sets these movements fast all the time without having to click my mouse.

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Default Re: How to change campaign unit speed?

You can hit "space" to speed up the movement of a single unit and revert to slow speed by hitting "space" once more.
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Or right click when in motion for a one off boost.

Ok so space bar does pretty much the same thing I have been doing with mouse clicks? As in it only affects the current unit's movement but then the next unit is back to the turtle pace? There is no global way to set this? Is it possible some easily modifiable value in a text file that can change this?

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

In fact "space" does speed up all AI moves so be wary of its use if you'd like to see some factions' move particularly... It is a toggle on/off kind of thing
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks