Thread: 3D settlement view

Default 3D settlement view

Sorry about the title first of all I can't find a better one

I would want to ask if in EB2 we will be able to see the towns in 3d (on the battle map) like in RTW? does the M2TW engine has this feature?

And secondly another preview would be so sweet just to make the waiting more bearable should I say
    In my case the wait goes OK since I started my studies at the University in Bucharest and it turns out that learning Arabic takes up a lot of time and energy but its worth it still that preview would make a lot of people here very happy

All the Best to the team and Good Luck with your work

Default Re: a question about EB2

[QUOTE=Ionut Alex;2351643]Sorry about the title first of all I can't find a better one

I would want to ask if in EB2 we will be able to see the towns in 3d (on the battle map) like in RTW? does the M2TW engine has this feature?[/url]

Currently this does not appear to be possible (I assume you mean being able to preview the settlement before a battle through the settlement detail scrolls).

And secondly another preview would be so sweet just to make the waiting more bearable should I say
    In my case the wait goes OK since I started my studies at the University in Bucharest and it turns out that learning Arabic takes up a lot of time and energy but its worth it still that preview would make a lot of people here very happy

All the Best to the team and Good Luck with your work
    Hopefully we will have one or two very soon.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ionut Alex View Post
    I would want to ask if in EB2 we will be able to see the towns in 3d (on the battle map) like in RTW? does the M2TW engine has this feature?
    I hope not, since it didn't add anything to the game, and it allows towns to now be designed with defence in mind, meaning that traps and spikes can be set up all over the city, without fear of them looking like permanent additions to city.

If it is OK with you guys I have another question ...

I saw in a documentary about Rome that sometimes the camp of the defeated army were also attacked (after the opposing army is routed) can this camps be shown on the battle map behind the battle lines? I think this would add realism to the game.
    I do not have much experience in modding I can do some simple 3d objects that's about it so I don't know munch only that its hard work so please don't take the question the wrong way I'm just curious

All the Best

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Currently this does not appear to be possible (I assume you mean being able to preview the settlement before a battle through the settlement detail scrolls).
    You're right, this feature is disabled in MTWII, but there is a nice walk-around from a guy alpaca from tw-center:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Text copied from DLV handbook by repman, v.62

4.4 Settlement View Script (thanks alpaca)

In the game, you won't notice a difference, everything will look as usual (which is intended). To enjoy the view settlement feature, you have to select a settlement on the campaign map, open the construction scroll (click on the construction button or press "b"), then click on the "Locate position of settlement on the map" button to the lower left of the scroll. This will fire up an advisor asking you to press "Show me how" if you want to view your settlement on the campaign map. Since you want to, click the "Show me how" button and you will be taken to the battle loading screen a short time after.
    After the battle is loaded, start the battle as normal and you can fly around your settlement without camera restrictions (except for the height and collision restrictions).
    When you have seen enough, simply hit the Esc button (on your keyboard) and wait a second until you see the message that the battle is over. Then click on "End Battle" and you will see the result. You will win your battle, but except for the stats that are displayed in your kingdom overview, this won't change anything in the game.

Notes:
    - The advisor will only pop up if the settlement was garrisoned when you selected it.
    - The installer checks your camera restriction setting at install time and writes it into the campaign script. If you want to change it,
    edit the "set_counter camera_restrict 0" line to "set_counter camera_restrict 1" or vice-versa
    - You can cheat your unit experience by attacking the catapult if you think it's worth it. But it isn't
    - Don't deselect your settlement while the advisor is active but before pressing show-me or dismissing it, or the script won't work

this uses the advisor, maybe it will disrupt the EB-script itself?

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Default Re: 3D settlement view

Hey, that's a nice workaround, thanks - I felt that it's something that was missing from M2, since the towns there were nice to look at (and I sometimes feel like looking at cities in Rome). Maybe it can be added to the EB script (dunno much about that myself).

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

It'd screw up the victory counter based traits wouldn't it?
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    It'd screw up the victory counter based traits wouldn't it?
    Exactly.

And maybe missfire with other trait files...I think not we will see this in EBII, but maybe a submod can do the trick, let's see what the future brings.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions