Thread: Poland-Lithuania

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Default Poland-Lithuania

Poland-Lithuania guides

Please review the ToC before posting new strategies.

Default Re: Poland-Lithuania

i could really use one of these...Danes keep slicing my measly polish men to pieces before i can get the horses ready...
    VAE VICTUS-PaNtOcRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi says
    Honour is that which preserves the dignity of the human spirit.
    It’s how you treat people, that makes you an honourable person.
    Not how many battles you win.
    The glory of your victories will soon be forgotten.
    But the kindness and respect you show for others, will not.
    So is there really any honour in Total War games?
    No.
    But there is in some of it’s players…

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: Poland-Lithuania

Only played Poland a time or two, not enough for a complete guide.

Your essential problem is a hybrid of those of Prussia and Russia. You have a central position on the map and can therefore catch if from any direction and your Eastern provinces are woefully undeveloped.

I gave West Prussia to the Saxons and concentrated on crushing East Prussia to consolidate (after signing a trade deal with Austria). Seemed to work pretty well. Danes never became an issue for me because I let Sweden stomp them.

Ottomans declared war quickly, so I countered and took Moldavia and then gave Moldavia to Russia. Russia happy and no border with the Turk. War ended a few turns later -- and I then traded techs with them to make them bleed Austria even more.

War broke out with Austria anyway, but Courland and Russia were quiet and Saxony shielded me from Prussia and the Dane. Took Transylvania from Galicia and then defended it (in order to bleed Austrians). Was able to fight on one front near Austria....until the English invasion. This was a pain, since without any navy -- an economic waste in the early game -- I had to keep a largish garrison in Prussia to kill them. The English repeat this attempt every decade or so. Annoying, but not threatening until they are up-tech a lot.

Build Schools wherever you can squeeze one in without losing control of the province. You will need to get the military tech and inudstrial tech rolling or risk losing in the mid-game to large computer armies that out-qual you and out number you. (The computer will gleefully let you kill two armies to attrit yours to the level it must lose at).
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken