Thread: Multiple Weapons

Default Multiple Weapons

Hi I'm new here (and to EB in general).

Cursory introductions aside, I was wondering how the EB team is working the ability of a unit to have multiple weapon skins, not many things annoy me more than a bunch of Numidian archers wielding identical clubs. Though the basic nature of the weapons would be the same, multiple variances on the basic, say, falcatae would really flesh out certain features that the original developers didn't touch. (I would be willing to produce these as I have both a copy of 3ds max 2009 and am a moderately accomplished skinner with GIMP, though I am much better with inanimate objects than people, expect a formal application soon)

Another question pertains to upgrading units using smithies and tanneries. The skins of upgraded units change with their "armor level" and I can see this being an issue with realism, as suddenly some guy would have his Garamatines running around in mail, granted you can limit the upgradeability of a unit, but then the incentive to build such facilities would be nonexistent. I see the work around being a higher quality of linen/leather/scale/whatever armor, rather than a whole new tier. Weapons would be easier IMHO, as the various decorations (filigree and so on) indicative of a higher level of craftsmanship.

Default Re: Multiple Weapons

yes for 1
    and i do not think that there are any visible "upgrades" with buildings .. the only upgraded units will be from reforms or something.
    Last edited by mountaingoat; 10-20-2009 at 07:11.

Have a look at the previews thread

The bonus of armor upgrades is to my knowledge hardcoded. Thus, it's use in EB is highly unlikely as the team is reworking the battlesystem from ground up.
    Call me Ruma. Puupertti Ruma.

Tsk nobody seems to read the preveiws....
    The armour upgrade feature will be used to show the evolution of certain units where the stat increases would reflect the armour upgrades realistcally.
    Have a look at the numdian nobles in the Massylian preview, they start with just clothes the next stage is linothorax (to represent greek influence) and the final stage is mail (to represent roman influence)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    Tsk nobody seems to read the preveiws....
    I'm glad that at least someone does.

Please please please read the previews before posting questions, thoughts, criticisms, etc. It will keep you informed on the most recent and up to date developments in the mod, and will well inform your posts so that they can be better answered.

You can find all the previews here

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

I've read the previews, I haven't seen anything on how or if the blacksmith building is going to be used. I wanted know if the armor upgrades from these buildings would have an effect on the appearance of a unit, as they do in M2TW.

Quote Originally Posted by -42- View Post
    I've read the previews, I haven't seen anything on how or if the blacksmith building is going to be used. I wanted know if the armor upgrades from these buildings would have an effect on the appearance of a unit, as they do in M2TW.
    You are right. My apologies, I had thought that we had included this information in one of our previews. It appears that this was only answered in one of our previous discussions about this manner.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    Have a look at the previews thread
    The Romani preview is not in the 'all previews' thread.
    Last edited by Skullheadhq; 10-21-2009 at 18:03.
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

I traditionally add the previews to that thread once they have been unstickied. I see no reason to change this.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Okay, I just mentioned it because it's confusing to newbies because it's the first place you look when you see this forum.
    Last edited by Skullheadhq; 10-21-2009 at 19:45.
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Apprentice Geologist Member Blxz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    Okay, I just mentioned it because it's confusing to newbies because it's the first place you look when you see this forum.
    It was confusing to me and I'm not even a newbie. Although now I understand. Makes sense to only add them when they are unstickied.
    Completed Campaigns:
    Macedonia EB 0.81 / Saby'n EB 1.1
    Qart'Hadarst EB 1.2 / Hai EB 1.2
    Current Campiagns:
    Getai/Sauromatae/Baktria
    donated by Brennus for attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    You are right. My apologies, I had thought that we had included this information in one of our previews. It appears that this was only answered in one of our previous discussions about this manner.

Foot
    Hi foot, seems to meyou did not answered the qustion -42- made.
    From the markets of Lilibeo to the Sacred Band in the halls of Astarte, from those halls to the Senate of Safot Softin BiKarthadast as Lilibeo representative

From the SPQR preview

Notice there is two types of sword there, so I'm assuming there will be multiple versions of weapons in units.