Thread: AI rebels?

Default AI rebels?

Now, as Roman I have decided to stop my expansion and let the AS come for me for a generation or so. I did the same with the Lusos for 50 years until I got fed up with the constant CTDs I get fighting them and spent a generation conquering them (they had all Iberia and Tolosa and attacked me with 1-4 stacks a round at the Rhone crossing). But, as I want Ankyra to rebel to the Gauls I have five spies there and 8- 11 assassins surrounding it to sabotage it for ten years. It is constantly between 15 and 80 % happiness, but there seems to be no problem even when it is 15- 25% it has only had one round of riots in those ten-ish years, one!!! Can the AI's settlements even rebel? Am I using resources in vain?
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Default Re: AI rebels?

AI cities can easily rebel, is the population on 400 or something?

~Fluvius
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

No, 15k+

Edited to add, I play 1.1 as I cannot seem to update. Might that be it?
    Last edited by Macilrille; 09-22-2009 at 20:12.
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

Getting AI settlements to rebel can really be a pain. Preventing rebellion is one of the few things the AI is good at. They will lower taxes, train garrisons, and even sometimes move their capital in order to prevent it. In my experience, the most important thing you should do when trying to encourage rebellion is to destroy their MIC's (and keep them from being repaired), in order to prevent them from training a larger garrison. Timing is also important. Make sure they have as few troops as possible in the city, and check to make certain they don't have many troops nearby that could reinforce the garrison either. If you can do that, from my experience you can usually get a city to rebel after a few turns of spying and sabotage. I'm willing to bet that Ankyra has a pretty big garrison by now. If so, I'd recommend you pull all your spies and assassins back for a few years, and wait for most of the garrison to leave before renewing your espionage assault.

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Rather than let them rebels, why not just take them by force?

Oh, if you want to roleplay rebellion easier, just get add_population 10000 each turn on that city..... after that, don't ask me if the city in question got a really huge and elite rebels controlling them.... but at least they are rebelled, ok?

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: AI rebels?

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Edited to add, I play 1.1 as I cannot seem to update. Might that be it?
    I am pretty sure the A.I. cheats when it comes to city loyalty. They can revolt, but the loyalty treshold lies far lower than it does for human players. How low I can't say. Strangely, though, when the town can revolt to me and cause a war with its present owner (say Hallicarnassos when playing the KH), it will do so with depressing regularity.

This is not something that can be modded, so the EB version is irrelevant.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Ankyra had between 0 and fullstack (0 when I assassinated the FM there).

CW, I cannot get the console command line to actually show, perhaps because I use a Danish keyboard, perhaps my cheating skills are just minimal...

I have decided instead to launch a diversionary siege of Pergamon while sending an invasion force past that southern small city (with a small force of Mercs sieging it) and up to Ankyra, take it, then leave it after some constructive looting. In fact I just did the invasion, and won the greatest HV I ever had in front of Pergamon, and one of my ten most difficult battles ever with 2½ AS fullstacks against my depleted Roman army. Then... CTD!!!

Ankyra had between 0 and fullstack (0 when I assassinated the FM there).

CW, I cannot get the console command line to actually show, perhaps because I use a Danish keyboard, perhaps my cheating skills are just minimal...

I have decided instead to launch a diversionary siege of Pergamon while sending an invasion force past that southern small city (with a small force of Mercs sieging it) and up to Ankyra, take it, then leave it after some constructive looting. In fact I just did the invasion, and won the greatest HV I ever had in front of Pergamon, and one of my ten most difficult battles ever with 2½ AS fullstacks against my depleted Roman army. Then... CTD!!!
    If you suffer constant CTD, it may be that your RAM and CPU are not for EB. There is a guide here on the guild how you can make your PC faster, or like me buy System Mechanic, and after a large battle minimize EB, and recover your RAM before continuing.

About rebelions in AI settlements, it is often a mystery to understand how the AI prevent them, in my Romani campaign 1.2 I am trying to make Edessa and Basra rebel away from the AS for a long time, but without success. Target MIC buildings and temples.

Cheers.

did you try pressing the ^ key instead? at least that's the key for cheating with a german keyboard

(or simply the key in the upper left corner below ESC)
    Last edited by Ca Putt; 09-23-2009 at 21:13.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar

Supposedly this is a Danish keyboard. Try pressing the button directly below Esc (the button with 1/2 and the other character). This is the location of the ~` key on American keyboards.

Sorry about your CTD. God knows it's frustrating to win a heroic victory only to have the computer crash. It must be simply terrible if you can't even use the command console to "redo" the battle and achieve similar results.
    + =

3x for this, this, and this

Ha ha!!! Thanks (where did you find that?). Now I can also add gc to loosing factions to do a more historical pace. Will try that in my next campaign, this one it is too late AS owns everything between baktria and Carthage- or I might try and see if I can blitz the map with the Sweboz...

Thanks, and to Reno, my PC is fine- if anything my graphics card is a bit sucky when working with Vista, but apart from that it should be well able to run EB.

I get CTD every 1,7 battle against the Lusos, and rebels there, and 2½ against Carties. Very rarely against others. I will just refight it, it was a nice challenge- perhaps I can improve my result ;-)

Have a baloon frontline

But what does this key,~, achieve when pressed

Cheers.

That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar

Ha ha!!! Thanks (where did you find that?).

Have a baloon frontline
    I simply did a Google Image search: danish keyboard. Thanks for the balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    But what does this key,~, achieve when pressed
    It opens up the command console. There you can carry out several cheats, such as move_character, add_money, and auto_win.
    + =

3x for this, this, and this

Is there a complete console command list anywhere?

Is there a complete console command list anywhere?
    I hope there is and someone is able to post the link.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

You should do a search in the general discussion part of the forums. But be aware that some console commands which used to work in early versions of RTW have been disabled in later patches.
    Read about glory and decline of the Seleucid Empire... (EB 1.1 AAR)

from Satalexton from I of the Storm from Vasiliyi

Quote Originally Posted by Frontline1944 View Post
    I simply did a Google Image search: danish keyboard. Thanks for the balloon.

It opens up the command console. There you can carry out several cheats, such as move_character, add_money, and auto_win.

On my key board it has a different symbol. I use the console a lot of time, but never took notice of the symbols.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Reno Melitensis; 09-28-2009 at 20:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachos View Post
    You should do a search in the general discussion part of the forums. But be aware that some console commands which used to work in early versions of RTW have been disabled in later patches.
    How can i active console command again? When i press the ` key in the game , it doesn't open.

If you have vista, then you can't open it. I tried disabling the thing that stopped it from turning on, and it just reset itself every time I tried.

Seriously irritating, but on the plus side I can't cheat at alllllll anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kekailoa View Post
    If you have vista, then you can't open it. I tried disabling the thing that stopped it from turning on, and it just reset itself every time I tried.

Seriously irritating, but on the plus side I can't cheat at alllllll anymore.
    I have Vista and the console works for me, just press the button which is under the Esc (it's the 0 on the Hungarian keyboards).

Edit: It should work if you disabled the UAV.
    Last edited by Apázlinemjó; 10-30-2009 at 08:28.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary