Thread: disable autosave?

Default disable autosave?

Any easy way to do this without messing up my current game/mess-up the mod?

I think the PC autosaving right before a battle is what gave me a CTD.
    Imo, the following "mod" is almost perfect:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    For installation process, I followed the following: RTW Gold > Alexander > EB 1.1 > 1.2 > Official Fixes > 1.2 Mini Mod Pack 3.1 > LZ3's Custom EB Fix Adaptation > Phalanx Mod > RS Textures > Naval Strat Map Add On > Lysander's Sihunet Formations Adaptations > EOM 4 Carthaginian Governors Edition > Atraphoenix' RS Legions Adaptation For ALEXANDER EB > Getting Rid Of The Giant Trees Mod > (I've also modded the Roman reforms to happen sooner, deleted 7 files/folders to get rid of window lights and torches for night battles, and added 3 SKYMOD_BI .txt files for night lighting.) - The only thing missing is a 12 turns per year mod, maybe 6 tpy instead.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: disable autosave?

This is just a simple change, so don't be

joke

You know how to disable?

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Quote Originally Posted by XSamatan View Post
    This is just a simple change, so don't be

joke

You know how to disable?

XSamatan
    I wouldn't have asked if I knew how to do it, :P.

I relooked over the obvious options (including the preferences.txt file) and I still don't see a "simple/obvious" solution.

-Apple.
    For installation process, I followed the following: RTW Gold > Alexander > EB 1.1 > 1.2 > Official Fixes > 1.2 Mini Mod Pack 3.1 > LZ3's Custom EB Fix Adaptation > Phalanx Mod > RS Textures > Naval Strat Map Add On > Lysander's Sihunet Formations Adaptations > EOM 4 Carthaginian Governors Edition > Atraphoenix' RS Legions Adaptation For ALEXANDER EB > Getting Rid Of The Giant Trees Mod > (I've also modded the Roman reforms to happen sooner, deleted 7 files/folders to get rid of window lights and torches for night battles, and added 3 SKYMOD_BI .txt files for night lighting.) - The only thing missing is a 12 turns per year mod, maybe 6 tpy instead.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

It's in the preferences.txt file...

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Just as John says, the file is in EB/preferences.

Search for "AUTO_SAVE:" and change "TRUE" to "FALSE"

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

lol, looking at that file for the "third" time worked like a charm.

Thanks.

I must have been so tired that I missed it yesturday. Too much EB...

-Apple