Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebels spawning like crazy!

Default Rebels spawning like crazy!

have a look here https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/album...pictureid=1863

Is it normal to have that many rebels spawn?
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: Rebels spawning like crazy!

Wow. Did they really spawn? Or are this the armies of the scripted defenders after the died?

Did you alter descr_strat to increase/decrease the spawing rate af the eleutheroi?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    if you want to change that anyway, search in descr_strat for "brigand_spawn_value" and
    "pirate_spawn_value" and change the values. Increasing decreases the chance that rebels will spawn, but i do not know the highest possible value

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

whow, there are more peopel in fieldarmies than citizens in the city.
    could be the defenderscript, to year 135bc is a lot time to spam armies like this.

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

This could happened if the Eleutheroi are severely down, their economic update (from scripted AI bonus money) is going up, and they spent their money on more troops, and their economy goes down again... the bad news? It will be concentrated on their last region.....

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Oh shit ^^ Make an army as big as this one and lets get ready to RUUUMMMBLLEEEEE
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

better just cheat your way to victory using auto_win attacker/defender when there is that many full stack spawning high powered rebel army

I do not mind, Rome has no plans there, let my Sweboz allies and Sarumatae enemies worry about those Russian hordes.

Edited to add that I have changed nothing, and thanks but I find it amusing enough to keep them, imagine how many there will be when Baktria and I are finally the only powers left ;-)

I first noticed them about a century ago when there was only 17 and assumed it was some sort of connected to the Yezhi who were at that point ravaging Baktria's N-E provinces, but was puzzled as they were all Germanic. Their number has steadily grown since then, but been stable for 20- 30 years. No other Eleutheroi province has this explosion, so it leaves me puzzled...

In fact I think those Rebel armies are larger than the field armies of my proud Roman Empire. I know I have 3 stacks in Africa, 7-8 in or about to invade the Syria-Jordan area, 4-5 in Asia Minor, 4-ish in Thracia, 3-ish in Britain and the equivalent of app 5 guarding the borders with Suebia- ensuring they stay my ever-loyal allies (have been since 270 BC). That is not even 30 and this puny little KD has 35...

I think I might invade just to eliminate such a potential threat to Res Publica Romani ;-)

But not yet- only when my other goals are completed.
    Last edited by Macilrille; 10-26-2009 at 14:17.
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

I think it is because of the section of "Central European defense" of EBBS Script.

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

This happens because of the defender script. If the scripted FMs die of old age, new FMs get spawned with a new army. The armies of the dead FMs however remain there too, so after a few decades you get this...

Makes sense, except the neighbouring provinces do not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Makes sense, except the neighbouring provinces do not have it.
    Seliun-Pilis and Gintaras-Ostan have it. Also the armies will wander off, if they have no movement restricted FM leading them.

Only Seliun-Pils.

Only Seliun-Pils.
    Nope, it's Eburonum, Iuvavoaeta, Carrodunum, Seliun-Pilis and Gintaras-Ostan according to EBBS_SCRIPT.txt.

Perhaps you just don't see the army in the woods.

I have had spies there. Lots of spies.

A word to the wise, these armies generally stay put, but sometimes when a faction attacks one of them they will all start attacking aggressively. This happend in one of my romani games where i attacked some of the rebels armies around Iuvavoaeta, the rest (about 10+) went beserk and started attacking every faction bordering the province.

I'm guessing the reason Gintaras-Ostan has less stacks is because its right next to the Sweboz who are indoubtabley attacking it constantly

wow that'S aswarm of armies :O I can only think of two reasons: out coincidence all defenders died of natural cuases with or some silly AI let a ultra 1337 Assasin "train" on Eluetheroi FMs :D
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    A word to the wise, these armies generally stay put, but sometimes when a faction attacks one of them they will all start attacking aggressively. This happend in one of my romani games where i attacked some of the rebels armies around Iuvavoaeta, the rest (about 10+) went beserk and started attacking every faction bordering the province.

I'm guessing the reason Gintaras-Ostan has less stacks is because its right next to the Sweboz who are indoubtabley attacking it constantly
    nope, until 15 years ago when the last alpine bastion fell they had not done anything there at that point there were 4½ stacks there, atm 3½.

Stupid AI Sweboz betrayed me with 3 lousy units attacking one of my garission halfstacks guarding a bridge after 170 years as allies. So all my garissions poured into germany. At the moment all the belt of cities facing Gaul are under siege from superior forces of mine. Stupid AI. Suicide...

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

have a look here https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/album...pictureid=1863

Is it normal to have that many rebels spawn?
    holy mother Russia

just be careful not to get on their wrong side. I knd of feel for for the prussi-I mean Sweboz, have to fight them sooner or later.
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 10-26-2009 at 23:11.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Rahwana's Avatar
    Abduct Shinta, and doing something bad with her
    Blog Entries

Wow... I swear I saw this kind of super rebel stacks when I got into a much late game. soo often... I thought that they are just a defender script to emphasise harder to conquer provinces and minor factions...
    Angkara Murka di Macapada

Default Re: Rebels spawning like crazy! IMMORTAL DEFENDERS ????

Hi, I'm new around here, but I got really frustrated yesterday...

Playing as Swêboz (VICTORY FOR THE HORDE!!!!), I summoned, during 3 years of the game, a enough large army to defeat the Carrodunum Defenders (Rhesus, bastard, is the name of the general).

But, after a blooded 1 and a half hour of battle, in an average victory, I clicked the turn button and...

...hello! Rhesus is now 22 years old (I battled him when he was 50 somthing) and with a brand new army, just like the one I've defeated in the same turn.

Well, 'twas too late at night to play it all again, couldn't withdraw ... lost the rest of my army, and the problem persists...

So my question is: is it a bug ? if yes, is it fixeable ? if not, isn't it a bit unfair ???
    Last edited by Odoacro; 10-27-2009 at 16:47.

It's not a bug, the script respawns these armies as long as the settlements are in rebel control. If you had taken Carrodunum in the same turn, Rhesus wouldn't have respawned.
    It my be hard, but you can defeat them.

Klibanophoros Ton Rhomaioktono Member Duguntz's Avatar

odoacro, haaa, finally a brave who knows what's a real warrior... Victory for the hordes, who do not need to wear tin can to protect 'em! on that, back to subject : dang, that's bad... so next move in my campain (Sweboz, like the previous one, and the one before... and the one before...) will be to go take that province lol! I never saw such grouping of armies!
    Opinions are like bacteries : we all have, but it's better to keep them for ourself... (By me!)

generously given by Nachtmeister
    generously given by Macilrille for Sweboz combat tactics
    Generously given by Brennus

Welcome to the forum Odoacro.

Thanks folks! Warm welcoming here!

And thank you for that idea.

The problem is now to devise: only by making two armies ... one that will deviate the attention of the defender, whilst other charge and wreck trough the city! I'll need to exploit the enemy general's lack of mobility, for the size of its army, to win troughly...

Weel, Cheers for u guys! I haven't quite understood the full mechanics of the baloons stuff, but here, have some baloons

Cheers and good night!
    Last edited by Odoacro; 10-28-2009 at 02:54.

Yeepee, balloons!!! (don't worry, a year I'm here and I still don't understant well that system...) It's just cheerful to receive some! oh, and yes, welcome to the forum! And as Sweboz (just guessing, by your name!) I hope you'll enjoy bashing with clubs and axes on every ennemies! May your victories be many, and may the beard never leave your face!!!
    Opinions are like bacteries : we all have, but it's better to keep them for ourself... (By me!)

Speaking o which, if OT, does anyone know where I can buy Germabic-ish 25-28 mm miniatures for wargaming that are clothed, armoured and non-bearded? I need some for the elite of My chief's Hird in Turbator Germanium.

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

AN URGENT HORSE ARCHER ARMY DEPLOYMENT IS INEVITABLE!
    But I think even with the best HA player it may take 5 years to clear this province lol

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

Speaking o which, if OT, does anyone know where I can buy Germabic-ish 25-28 mm miniatures for wargaming that are clothed, armoured and non-bearded? I need some for the elite of My chief's Hird in Turbator Germanium.

clothed and armoured, that can be found, but non-bearded, that might be harder to fing as most of germanic people letted grow hair and beard... dunno why, manly pride I guess!
    honnestly, i don't know where to find 'em, but i can look on my side and if I find any thing or site that might help you, I'll let you know!

This looks awesome, I wanna try it. Would you like to send me the saved game?

Balloons from my first place in the Official EB Online Tournament:
    - from Darius_d
    - from spiritusdilitus
    - from Alsatia

To Odoacro:

The army respawns if Rhesus dies. If you can kill off most of his army without killing him, he'll be left with the remnants and not respawn, but this is rather hard to pull of as well.
    Caution: may contain nuts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast