Thread: ETW: Multiplayer Beta and more DLC, due 7 Dec.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Default ETW: Multiplayer Beta and more DLC, due 7 Dec.

Sega's announced that the 1 vs. 1 Campaign Multiplayer Open Beta for Empire: Total War will be available on December 7 via Steam.

Also on December 7th, the Elite Units of America downloadable content for Empire: Total War will be released, adding 15 new elite units to the American, British and French factions.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=228605

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Default Re: ETW: Multiplayer Beta and more DLC, due 7 Dec.

Woop
    ...whoever commands the ocean, commands the trade of the world, and whoever commands the trades of the world, commands the riches of the world, and whoever is master of that, commands the world itself..

"... it is a good thing to kill an admiral from time to time to encourage the others." Voltaire, Candide.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006556106

Glad they at least kept their promise and released the multiplayer campaign beta for those who want to duke it out. And DLCs for those who want new units to spend money on.
    Last edited by Krusader; 12-01-2009 at 18:45.
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

Goody! Now where are the modding tools?
    "You must know, then, that there are two methods of fight, the one by law, the other by force: the first method is that of men, the second of beasts; but as the first method is often insufficient, one must have recourse to the second. It is therefore necessary for a prince to know well how to use both the beast and the man.
    -Niccolo Machiavelli

AARs:
    The Aeduic War: A Casse Mini AAR
    The Kings of Land's End: A Lusitani AAR

where are the modding tools and wheres a DLC that expands the grand campaign map :P I'll buy these unit dlcs if i win lotto, I'd prefer to buy a bigger map myself
    I play Custom Campaign Mod with 1.2!
    My guide on the Family Tree - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87794
    Kobal2fr's guides on training chars to be
    Governors - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=86130
    Generals - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87740
    Blue's guide to char development - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87579

Actually the DLC adds 14 units for the UK and USA and exactly one unit for the french...

Unfortunately it's completely uninteresting to me. The MP campaign might be nice though.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And today is the day I am happy I'm on leave until the 14th.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Actually the DLC adds 14 units for the UK and USA and exactly one unit for the french...

Unfortunately it's completely uninteresting to me. The MP campaign might be nice though.
    Considering the lack of anything tangible for the US, it is very uninteresting for me as well. Half of the new units are generic "1st <insert state>" that have no real identity of their own beyond their number. Why not just play the main campaign and rename some beefed up line infantry?

The MP campaign might be fun for those interested.

Ive been hoping for the MP camp - it might save the game for me

I like the Idea of the co-op camp but the AI isnt a challenge for 1 player let alone 2

so I guess adversarial camp will be interesting - although hard to balance - what if the AI ganks 1 player while the other can build up his forces relatively freely because of scripted hate/events etc? How fair a game will be will very much depend on the nations chosen - I can picture playing Prussia - fighting off every bordering AI on my turn - to have the other player (England) land with with a full stack and finish me off - rage quit

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    its pevergeren.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Well, where's the MP beta? My comp downloaded the option for new DLC, but I see no multiplayer campaign. What's going on?
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

http://www.totalwar.com/empire/beta/

Apply, get emailed key, put it into steam, play.

That seems to be it.

That was easy. I signed up, it sent straight away, i activated the key in steam, it went.
    Last edited by pevergreen; 12-08-2009 at 01:42.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

http://www.totalwar.com/empire/beta/

Apply, get emailed key, put it into steam, play.

That seems to be it.

That was easy. I signed up, it sent straight away, i activated the key in steam, it went.
    Thanks, that was the info I was looking for too...

There has to have been something more than this in that patch from last night. I've NEVER ever been able to get ETW to work any better than slideshow style, even though canyourunit insists I should be able to run it fast (meet/exceed all specs) and the Automatic setting puts me at high for most everything. Nothing, nada, zip. Tried it last week, still didn't work---in fact worse than before, it totally froze. But on a whim I tried it out after the patch finished downloading and wonder of wonders, I CAN FINALLY ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME. I did a couple episodes of the Road to Independence to actually try out what looked like fifty wasted bucks. The movies are still boogered up (play for half a second, skips two second, plays half a second, etc.) but who needs those. Woo hoo!

I just hope the next patch doesn't break it again.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Turn of SSAO. The movies are probably still borked up with the alleged bink codec problems.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Quote Originally Posted by gardibolt View Post
    There has to have been something more than this in that patch from last night. I've NEVER ever been able to get ETW to work any better than slideshow style, even though canyourunit insists I should be able to run it fast (meet/exceed all specs) and the Automatic setting puts me at high for most everything. Nothing, nada, zip. Tried it last week, still didn't work---in fact worse than before, it totally froze. But on a whim I tried it out after the patch finished downloading and wonder of wonders, I CAN FINALLY ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME. I did a couple episodes of the Road to Independence to actually try out what looked like fifty wasted bucks. The movies are still boogered up (play for half a second, skips two second, plays half a second, etc.) but who needs those. Woo hoo!

I am sorry but the problem is on your end. There are probably a million people running this game fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gardibolt View Post

There must have been some sort of patched slipped in with the DLC or something. When starting a campaign, Poland and Prussia seem to auto-declare war on Austria now on turn one, regardless of difficulty.
    "I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him." Senator John Kerry, May 4, 2003

"It's the wrong war, in the wrong place at the wrong time." Senator John Kerry, 7 September, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    Turn of SSAO. The movies are probably still borked up with the alleged bink codec problems.

There is no option to do that. The SSAO box is greyed out.

Guys

My nephew has been trying to register for the MPC but all he gets is

SEGA PASS
    User not found

what has happened to the Multiplayer Beta - dont tell me they canned it for NTW - so people would buy NTW

this is the final insult I tells yas
    its pevergeren.

Yeah, has anyone else had this problem... I've signed up for SEGA pass but I've put my e-mail and password into the beta sign-up about 20 times yesterday and I still haven't gotten an e-mail anywhere in spam or the inbox about it?