Thread: bi or alexander

Question bi or alexander

to get the best experience should i play roma surrectum with bi or alexander, what is the difference between the two??

Default Re: bi or alexander

Quote Originally Posted by joe8 View Post
    to get the best experience should i play roma surrectum with bi or alexander, what is the difference between the two??
    Whilst I personally do not know of any Alexander or Barbarian Invasion installer, I am sure there is one.
    In BI you get Swimming (Useless), Hording (Poorly implemented, but slightly useful), and more importantly Shield Wall, which is useful for hoplites, instead of their relatively loose formation in RS.
    A few would claim a better AI, but it cannot be verified easily.

In Alexander, you have none of the above. However, you can have faction specific mercenaries, such as Carthage having only Iberian troops. Alot of people will claim it has a better AI in terms of re-training, flanking, naval invasions and army structure. There are some who do not agree, but it is a claim made by alot of people nonetheless. Combined with this, and one of the formations mods, it may prove to be formidable, but not excellent.

I may have missed some things out, but that is the majority. Night Battles as known in RS can be applied in all .exes.

Anything that isn't 'member' Member Squid's Avatar

Default Re: bi or alexander

The AI in the three exe are generally rated as follows RTW < BI < Alex. Whichever one you choose to use is entirely up to you. Both BI and Alex tend to have much better naval invasion AI over RTW.

-Trait/Ancillary/Building Editor

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
    and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein