Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Temperature Do You Keep Your Living Quarters?

Default Re: What Temperature Do You Keep Your Living Quarters?

Room temperature I guess and that could be anywhere between near freezing and 70F. I adjust a little in the morning (or whenever I wake up from proper sleep as my body is in shock).

Lightbulb Re: What Temperature Do You Keep Your Living Quarters?

I always put the heat down around 15C, but the girl in the cold basement, when she's not eye-screwing me, constantly complains of the cold temperature and puts it up while I'm not around. The other tenant doesn't seem to care for whatever reason; maybe he enjoys constantly taking off and putting back on his clothes with the temperature's fluctuations.
    Last edited by Megas Methuselah; 12-30-2009 at 05:57.

Blog Entries

70 F during the day, 62 F at night. Or sometimes I do old school, and turn off the thermostat so that I can justify using the fireplace.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In my current apartment I have about 18-19C.

Though, there was a period in my old home where I had about 8-9C during winter.

Devout worshipper of Bilious Member miotas's Avatar

No artifical temperature for me, it was entirely unnessesary back in my home town since the average winter temp was 21C(70F) and the average summer temp was 30C(86F). Here in Sydney though I wouldn't mind a bit of heat sometimes since the temperature occasionally gets down to single digits (<50F), but on those occasions I simply rug up.

However, if I did create artifical temperature then I would have it at 26C(79F)

- Four Horsemen of the Presence

vrijbuiter Senior Member Rob The Bastard's Avatar

60 year old house... when we bought it 4 years ago it was a case of "insulation, whats that?" we are slowly adding to the overall insulation. We have a log burner in our lounge/sitting room that provides us with heat in winter.

My preference is for a cooler enviroment than the girls, I can wear shorts and T shirts down to about 16C/60F, thats just sitting still, not working at anything. The compromise is that in winter I still get around in shorts and T shirts when the fire is burning and the girls dress warmer.

In Summer the house ranges from around 18C to 28, sometimes hotter at the peak of Summer.
    In Winter it is usually 5- 6C/42F warmer than ambient. That could be anywhere from 2C to 15C when I get up in the mornings (5.00am on work days) depending on if there is a frost outside or not. I light/restoke the fire and when my wife and children get up at around 7.00am its cosy (comparatively)for them. Slippers/dressing gowns etc are required items.

:)

Bring Back Buck

My preference is for a cooler enviroment than the girls, I can wear shorts and T shirts down to about 16C/60F, thats just sitting still, not working at anything. The compromise is that in winter I still get around in shorts and T shirts when the fire is burning and the girls dress warmer.
    It's called self-consciousness. So you are usually afforded with more natural insulation than the girls.
    Last edited by Weebeast; 01-05-2010 at 10:28.

vrijbuiter Senior Member Rob The Bastard's Avatar

Skinny bunnies compared to chubby bunny?

Sounds about right.

Bring Back Buck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12