Thread: Unpacker help

Default Unpacker help

I'm having some trouble unpacking the .pack files, i'm not sure if it is a script problem or if the program doesen't work on vista or something, but anyway here is the commands text:

unpacker.exe --source=..\..\packs\*.pack --destination=..\..\backup --verbosity=1

thanks for any help

Default Re: Unpacker help

LOL, gotta love Vista ;)

Seriously, it took me about 3 tries just to get the patch to take and about a week to get the unpacker to work. Finally got sick of and 'downgraded' to XP , no problems since

Look for Vista help, I'm sure that's your problem and I know it's been covered, just use the 'seach' tool.

so it's a vista problem again eh? well i was planning on upgrading to windows 7, would it work there or would i need to run it on xp?

Honestly I dont really know much about Windows7, from what I HAVE heard it's just a 'fixed' version of Vista. That alone was enough for me to loose any interest in it. Now you can just upgrade Vista to 7 without loosing anything on your harddrive, so there's no pain there. Also, chances are you will EVENTUALLY need to upgrade to 7, but then again everyone said that about 'upgrading' from XP to Vista, and that day will never come. (though we will still likely need to upgrade to 7 eventually)

In short, if you can afford it, there is absolutly no reason NOT to upgrade from Vista to Windows7, it's got to be better (then again, I'm pretty sure a shotgun to the motherboard would be better for your computer then Vista, so 'better' is not saying much)

As far as whether or not it will 'fix' your problem, I have no idea. When I was using Vista what I finally had to do to unpack M2, first I logged in as an administrator, then in the 'options' for the .bat I selected run as administrator, then when I finally actually ran it it Right-clicked and selected 'run as administrator' yet again. This atleast allowed the program to run, now, ofcourse, it wasnt all that easy, I had to do this about 4 consecutive times to actually get ALL the files to unpack.

I know there are posts dedicated to modding with 'Vista' so you really should use the search to see if you can find someone who actually figured out how it worked rather then me, who gave up on Vista as a lost cause over 2 years ago ;) Something about it dose actually unpack into a virtual folder or something like that. I didnt really pay attention as I'd already switched over to XP before anyone figured out how to do it on Vista.

Edit:
    Here, try The unpacker, Using Vista good luck.
    Last edited by CavalryCmdr; 01-14-2010 at 01:45.

ok thanks very much