Thread: How to Prevent Talking without Thinking

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Default How to Prevent Talking without Thinking

Well, that was my bad habit. Apparently, I just offend my senior at the Lab, when I suddenly talk about how poor quality and hard to follow his "article" on XRD refinement software. Well, I just didn't know that the one who made that software is he, and I just tell him in front of many students that software are useless and made your computers error. And now, he was quite mad with me.... Making a free software for university use, and you are not a computer student is really a hard job, and I just offend him without thinking about that implication....

Well... can you help me

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Rahwana's Avatar
    Abduct Shinta, and doing something bad with her
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How to Prevent Talking without Thinking

Actually, this was the perfect case of talking without thinking pal... as you spread that problem into the rest of the wolrd.
    Angkara Murka di Macapada

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Just a painful situation there how could you have known, his problem if he is mad.

Blog Entries

Switch to a Mac.

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

You didn't know it was his work. You can't be blamed for insulting him directly. If he takes offense to that, then that's his problem, not yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Learn to shut the heck up. I hate people who talk so much without thinking, it's annoying as hell. Blah blah blah, go away! Shut up!

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Dramatics aren't suited for Methuselah.

If you called him an idiot, then he is obviously offended. Apologize if you want, or ignore it.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Philologist Senior Member ajaxfetish's Avatar

Apologies are always an acceptable way to follow up an unintentional slight. If he chooses not to accept, that's his problem.

Ajax

"I do not yet know how chivalry will fare in these calamitous times of ours." --- Don Quixote
    "I have no words, my voice is in my sword." --- Shakespeare
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." --- Jack Handey

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Rahwana's Avatar
    Abduct Shinta, and doing something bad with her
    Blog Entries

Looks like CW was too shy to talk anything now... BTW, I was his junior at univ, so I can clarify something... hope this helpful for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    You didn't know it was his work. You can't be blamed for insulting him directly. If he takes offense to that, then that's his problem, not yours.
    Yeah, the problem is Cutewolf say "that program is bloody poor quality and useless" (and using rather technical, not offensive language), in front of many lecturers and students. And most of them know that the program was made by that man. I heard that he was doing that while he (Cutewolf), present his research report, and he blame that program's result as pretty useless, and he compare that program with another program. Well, that was nothing wrong with this.... except he then said that "this program is useless, and we should use another program for XRD refinement". Causing everyone to laugh at the program maker...

Quote Originally Posted by A Very Super Market View Post
    Dramatics aren't suited for Methuselah.

If you called him an idiot, then he is obviously offended. Apologize if you want, or ignore it.
    After knowing that the program was made by his fellow student, of course he appologize, but that man start to yelling offensive words and hatred toward him.

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxfetish View Post
    Apologies are always an acceptable way to follow up an unintentional slight. If he chooses not to accept, that's his problem.

Ajax
    Well, that's the problem... Academically, he doesn't doing anything wrong, and actually he does a good credit on that presentation, but his words about the "bloody uselessness" of that man's program, made that man (not CW)'s research points get heavy penalty because of that. And he still refuse to forgive CW on that matter...
    Angkara Murka di Macapada