Thread: Bespoke Police Cars

Default Bespoke Police Cars

is excited about this?
    It is about time they made something like this!
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: So who aside from me

Dutch cops have more fun

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Dutch cops have more fun

lol, of course, that is because there is no crime in Dutchland for them to respond to. Darn you and your good natured people! :P
    Nah, seriously, this thing is gonna be awesome, and now it has prompted Ford to start designing their own purpose built police vehicle too.
    Unfortunately, Ford will no longer make the CV though. :(
    I got a 2005 CVPI (all black ) this summer, and I love the thing. I am gonna have to take really good care of it now. :P
    I am betting Taxi drivers are gonna start grabbing all the retired CVPIs that they can now that the CV will be discontinued in 2011. I think I am gonna invest in another one as soon as I get the money. :P (My three brother all got black CVPI like mine, so it is really kewl when we are at the same place and they are all parked together. :P It looks like a caravan. :P)
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Haven't seen these Porsches in a while, but this baby almost makes me want to join the police

Damn them to hell

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Haven't seen these Porsches in a while, but this baby almost makes me want to join the police

Damn them to hell
    lol, I think that I want to be a Dutch cop too! Unfortunately people in the US tend to think it a waste of money to give the police even the money that they need to refuel and maintain their vehicles. :P
    That said though, I just talked got a call back from someone whose add I have seen, and have talked him down to $1100 for his 2000 CVPI. Now I am gonna own my second. :P (Unfortunately I will not be able to afford the insurance on this one. :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Megas Methuselah View Post
    [Random, nonsensical anti-police rant]
    ....lol, what? If we do not believe that the lives of our police men and women are worth protecting, then why do we have them? Do you think we should just get rid of the police all together then?
    I got a feeling that you just got my thread kicked to the Backroom. :P I am curious, do you think that when a young man or woman (no different from yourself) with a good heart and good intentions joins the police force so that he or she can protect the citizens of the country that they love and puts on a uniform they suddenly become some subhuman, inferior class or race or something?
    Seriously, how else can you judge a collection of tens of thousands of groups of diverse individuals across a country? How can you possibly refer to all of them in such a way? Does the fact that police are killed daily to keep your streets and society safe not give you any better opinion of them at all?
    Last edited by Lemur; 02-08-2010 at 00:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Vuk Again View Post
    is excited about this?
    It is about time they made something like this!
    Looks like a Renault Megan. My mum has one.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

If that tachka (the ghetto nickname for a car in Russia - literally 'wheelbarrow') costs more than a regular Ford police car, then I am not interested. Neither is the police - they'd rather get a pay raise, considering that unless you are a cop in one of those large cities, your pay is miserable. In the city I live in - the greater Pensacola includes half a million people, the cops get 30-something grand. That is about the same as in all the other places I have heard of.

My psych professor, a former detective and a jail director, said that big cities (in Florida, that would only be Miami he said) often give comparatively large salaries to their police forces (50-60 thousand USD a year), but just about all the other places in US are not as cop-friendly in terms of pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Aemilius Paulus View Post
    If that tachka (the ghetto nickname for a car in Russia - literally 'wheelbarrow') costs more than a regular Ford police car, then I am not interested. Neither is the police - they'd rather get a pay raise, considering that unless you are a cop in one of those large cities, your pay is miserable. In the city I live in - the greater Pensacola includes half a million people, the cops get 30-something grand. That is about the same as in all the other places I have heard of.

My psych professor, a former detective and a jail director, said that big cities (in Florida, that would only be Miami he said) often give comparatively large salaries to their police forces (50-60 thousand USD a year), but just about all the other places in US are not as cop-friendly in terms of pay.
    There is actually a lot of support from police forces for the vehicle. The flat cost of a Crown Victoria for the police is generally 20-25k. After it is outfitted for police use the total price is anywhere from 30-35k. The E7 is suspected to be sold at 45-50k. Not only would they save a ton of money on fuel costs, but their cars would have a much smaller chance of being in accidents that require expensive repairs, and the vehicle will supposedly last almost twice as long. Add onto that that it will a hundred times more convenient and safer, and will be able to do a lot more and I think it will more than pay for itself.
    In the long run, I think that the increased safety it will provide for officers will really make them prefer it.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Yah, AP, every cop I know is a gearhead of the highest order. If you want to geek out about guns, cars or liquor, just start talking to a cop. It goes with the territory.

Yes, obviously, most cops would like a raise, but they also like cool cars. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aemilius Paulus View Post

In Seattle you can get about $50k starting salary as a cop with some (or complete? IDK) college education.

In some areas around NYC, the average salary is about $100k a year.

This sort of vehicle seems like overkill for most police forces. Nice to have, yeah, but expensive and I'm not sure the benefits are that much greater over 'normal' cop cars.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

I generallly think the modern throwback to classic American muscle cars is stupid (minus the Mustang), but these are pretty cool.
    Last edited by PanzerJaeger; 02-10-2010 at 12:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Yah, AP, every cop I know is a gearhead of the highest order. If you want to geek out about guns, cars or liquor, just start talking to a cop. It goes with the territory.

Yes, obviously, most cops would like a raise, but they also like cool cars. The two are not mutually exclusive.
    How true now that you mention it. From my experience, this was true as well. (I know/knew six policemen, some instructors, some family friends). The second, now, the second is hopefully true only with the less practical cops...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit View Post
    In Seattle you can get about $50k starting salary as a cop with some (or complete? IDK) college education.
    In some areas around NYC, the average salary is about $100k a year.
    Well, when I said 50-60k max, I/the psych professor meant starting salaries of course. Averages are too tricky, and they are higher. NYC, he too mentioned, and he said the highest cop salaries were in there as well as in LA. I do not remember if he mentioned salary numbers about those cities specifically. Most likely not, since my long-term memory is usually quite good (which is contrasted by my short-term absent-mindedness).
    Last edited by Aemilius Paulus; 02-09-2010 at 22:53.

http://www.auto-museum.at/images/polizei012.jpg
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/37/10...831ade30_o.jpg
    http://www.leblogauto.com/images/polizeiporsche2.jpg
    http://www.polizeioldtimer.de/images...RW_400x247.jpg

What bugs me a bit is that they're too precious to ram someone off the street so I'm not entirely sure what exactly they're good for. for the few occassions where you have to chase someone really fast it seems easier and even faster to just get a helicopter.
    I'd order the car from the OP and I'd take the extra ballistic protection, you know, because when I got a week of showing around at the local police station during some practical week in high school they showed us how a gun can easily penetrate a normal car door so hiding behind a normal door as they do in movies is a bad idea... maybe better than standing around in the open but not exactly safe.

http://www.russiansentry.com/image/a...9/1/6/916.jpeg
    now this would be fun for the more aggressive road maneuvers and shootouts...

I know police work is absolutely not a lot about shooting, at least here, but when it happens you'd want some of these to use.
    Last edited by Husar; 02-10-2010 at 15:10.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    http://www.auto-museum.at/images/polizei012.jpg
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/37/10...831ade30_o.jpg
    http://www.leblogauto.com/images/polizeiporsche2.jpg
    http://www.polizeioldtimer.de/images...RW_400x247.jpg

What bugs me a bit is that they're too precious to ram someone off the street so I'm not entirely sure what exactly they're good for. for the few occassions where you have to chase someone really fast it seems easier and even faster to just get a helicopter.
    I'd order the car from the OP and I'd take the extra ballistic protection, you know, because when I got a week of showing around at the local police station during some practical week in high school they showed us how a gun can easily penetrate a normal car door so hiding behind a normal door as they do in movies is a bad idea... maybe better than standing around in the open but not exactly safe.

now this would be fun for the more aggressive road maneuvers and shootouts...

I know police work is absolutely not a lot about shooting, at least here, but when it happens you'd want some of these to use.
    Actually, these are specially designed to be used for PIT maneuvers without causing a lot of damage to the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Vuk Again View Post
    Actually, these are specially designed to be used for PIT maneuvers without causing a lot of damage to the vehicle.
    That's great, I was mainly talking about the Porsches and Lamborghinis though.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    now this would be fun for the more aggressive road maneuvers and shootouts... .
    Yeah, we Russians used decommissioned T-34s for police cars - they are both perfect for the duty, reasonably fast, and most of all - we had buttloads of them after our party with the Nazis
    Last edited by Aemilius Paulus; 02-10-2010 at 18:39.