Thread: Moving Captains

Not Actually Greek... Member NickTheGreek's Avatar

Default Moving Captains

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew the proceedure for moving armies led by captains via the move_character cheat? The KH has two full stacks just sitting on rhodes and i want to shift them to mysia.

Cheers
    Balloons! - - A Very Super Market, - Tiberius Claudius Marcellus, - Machinor

Always on the move - to be still is to be dead

Default Re: Moving Captains

Sure. You press the key just above the tab key in your keyboard and in the window that appears you type: show_cursorstat. You right click in an area of the map and while holding the right key of your mouse, you press enter. Normally in the window will appear the name of the province and the coordinates of the specific spot of the map. It will be like xxx,yyy.
    Then you type: move_character "Captain Blablabla" xxx,yyy and you press enter. Teleportation done!

Make sure you do not teleport land units to the sea or inside cities. Navies though can be teleported.
    Some spots on the map do not have coordinates in the form of xxx,yyy but in the form of xx,yy etc. You just put in the command line whatever coordinates the show_cursorstat command gives you.
    Now get those greek boys moving!
    Last edited by Noble Wrath; 02-18-2010 at 19:43.
    Πόλεμος πάντων μέν πατήρ εστι, πάντων δέ βασιλεύς
    καί τούς μέν θεούς έδειξε, τούς δέ ανθρώπους
    τούς μέν δούλους εποίησε, τούς δέ ελευθέρους.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

The Greek names are spelled like this:

Firstname Middlenamelastname

See the name file in Rome - Total War\EB\Data\descr_names.txt fur further naming questions.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Not Actually Greek... Member NickTheGreek's Avatar

Worked a treat, thanks guys
    Balloons! - - A Very Super Market, - Tiberius Claudius Marcellus, - Machinor

I can't get this to work on some eleutheroi captains that I want to move to create a massive rebel defense of certain zones.
    The command and the coordenates are correct, but the error message "character not found" pops up every time.
    How do I have to spell their names?
    Like a certain Captain Thrasymides. I enter on the console "move_character Captain Thrasymides 100, 162" and then the character not found message comes up.
    What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, I've just realized that I have to put the character name between quotation marks. Now it works perfectly.
    Last edited by NikosMaximilian; 02-24-2010 at 03:46.

Completed campaigns:

Ongoing campaigns:

There are still some captains that refuse to move. I have used that trick myself to create stronger Eleutheroi when their settlements are under threat from Blitzing factions and create a more historical expansion. I still do to some extent, but I find it more effective to add units with the create_unit cheat. I am trying to make expansion somewhat more historical and till now (220-ies BC) it has partly worked. Not entirely and it does take a lot of time, so I do not know whether it is worth it.
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13