Thread: Mod tools for ETW

Default Mod tools for ETW

Has CA released the modtools yet for ETW? or are they waiting until after the release of Napoleon TW as theoretically a modder could make the same game without paying for it as it uses the same engine essentially...

Default Re: Mod tools for ETW

I have to say any company that doesn't make their games mod friendly are just plain stupid. I'm not a modder but I see all the great work that modders do for free and it's incredible. Oblivion elder scrolls is a great example. Bethesda created a good game that was ok and made it modder friendly. Modders made this the best game ever. I prefer stategic games but this roll playing game was great. All the things that I thought should be in the game was addded by modders. Don't know what else to say Modders make medeocre games great.

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

Unhappy Re: Mod tools for ETW

Sadly CA is plain stupid and evil so they havn't released any modtools for ETW, don't look like they will anytime soon.

King Arthur's Court at Camelot

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I have to say any company that doesn't make their games mod friendly are just plain stupid. I'm not a modder but I see all the great work that modders do for free and it's incredible. Oblivion elder scrolls is a great example. Bethesda created a good game that was ok and made it modder friendly. Modders made this the best game ever. I prefer stategic games but this roll playing game was great. All the things that I thought should be in the game was addded by modders. Don't know what else to say Modders make medeocre games great.
    Yes and apart from that great game and company look at Valve with the SDK they've released which give the posibility to create completely new games(strategy, rpgs, etc) and they even highlight some of those in their steam news.
    Heh even counter strike was done by modders and look now it's one of the most played games .

In conclusion CA has an stupid idea that either they'll help the competion or something that I just cannot understant since they are the ones that will loose the guys who pay.
    Last edited by Tux; 02-27-2010 at 23:33.

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

Well, now that NTW is out, hopefully we will see the MP campaign up and running and perhaps those tools. Although modders have accomplished quite a bit without them so far.

To be honest, E:TW is a good base for a great game. Unfortunately without modding tools I cannot make it a great game. When I bought E:TW I bought it with the same reason as M2:TW, its modding potential.
    CA's original games get old and boring. I sure as heck hope that they come out with some modding tools for this. Oh well, at least I learned my lesson. From now on do not buy a CA game until after it has been made mod friendly.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.