Thread: Hello from UglyElmo aka ElmarkOFear

Default Hello from UglyElmo aka ElmarkOFear

Forgot my password for my Elmarko username as well as my UglyElmo name . . . AGAIN. So I am using the one I had last time I was here over a year or two ago? Seems they didn't remove my old usernames.

T1Master told me some of you guys are playing on Friday and Saturday nights. I still will not participate here at the .org, given past history, but I wanted to find out more about who is still playing. What patch or mod version are you using? I miss the old gang, and would love to start playing again. VI to me was the best of the games after Shogun, mp-wise that is.

T1 and I would love to show you guys our old infamous Irish Steamroller army. We are definitely out of practice, so we might accidentally win a few games before we pick up all of our old bad habits!

Hope to hear from you guys soon. I see a couple of my Hunter clan brothers here as well !! I miss you guys!

Are there any old Fearful Ways still hanging around?
    Last edited by UglyElmo2; 03-07-2010 at 03:08.

Default Re: Hello from UglyElmo aka ElmarkOFear

hiya! was surprised you mountain folk could operate cell phones! :)

where does one find the latest patch for mtw:vi? i just installed it from my original disks. it felt cool, like when i play old lp's. :)

I'm not sure which patch they are using. I think most didn't use the last patch, but went back to the one prior to the last, if memory from years ago serves me correctly.

As for the cell phone, I will admit, my daughter dialed the number for me. I save a lot o money by not having anyone who would want to call me. :)
    Last edited by UglyElmo2; 03-07-2010 at 03:07.

Hiya Elmo and Goat!

Nice to hear from my long lost brothers...the viking Revival site has the patches (2.01) and the mappack(1-3)...dont forget to visit the ole Hunter forum. Bachus, Tomi, and a few others been stopping by. On VI meets we are having our usual spitting fight VS the aggonies.

Hope to see you guys in VI again you have been missed.

KG

http://vikingrevival.netsons.org/

http://clanhunter.informe.com/index.php
    Hunter King George Visit the Realm of the Hunters:
    Proud participant of the Code of Honor. Have you signed the code?

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Welcome back Elmo
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Howdy Kukri. Come join us in VI. I just got all the patches, maps etc. and visited the VI lobby. There are 15 people playing there now. Not too bad for such an old game. :) I'm a noob again!

I'm not back, just visiting to check on what Uglygoat told me about some playing VI on the weekends. My days here are over. I may stop by to check up on a few friends to set some games up, but will not participate otherwise. Hope things are well with you though. :)

are there issues with nvidia graphics cards and vi? i'm getting crazy cursor trails on the battle maps, and i've not been drinking enough for that to happen on it's own.

It appears the newer series 7 and 8 nvidia cards do not work with MTW1. I have had to install VI on my old pc which has a radeon 9500 to be able to play. There is no fix for the new invidia graphics cards, as far as those post I read through at the .com. I too was getting a problem with my cursor. Everything ran fine, but I could not use my mouse to select units, and my icons at bottom didn't have any pics.

Yeah, the best bet is to either use an old pc or one with a radeon graphics card. Luckily the game works with my new Radeon 5850 HD. :D
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

Oh and hi Elmo!
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

good to know, i have the old pc in the basement with vi installed, and patched and no cd load...ahem... ;) it'll be easier to just bring the box upstairs and swap cords when we play.

Goat!!! I miss u a lot.
    I saw Elmo last weekend . I saw a big bad Bottom bear and I saw lots of Aggony's. Time to ride once more on the steppes of VI....