Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Overwatch Hotel [Concluded]

Default Re: Overwatch Hotel

I need to find more about this place if i am to understand why i have been asked to come here...so i will search for clues

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Oh come on people, where's all the knives? Trying to cut open my crusty roll here, this breadknife's making a mess.

Head up to the swankiest suite and have a bit of a kip.

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

OK, The following people haven't posted there orders (or posted non of the three available choices):

Beefy
    johnhughthom
    slashandburn
    Winston Hughes
    Methos
    Joooray
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peasant Phill View Post
    OK, The following people haven't posted there orders (or posted non of the three available choices):

Beefy
    johnhughthom
    slashandburn
    Winston Hughes
    Methos
    Joooray
    We can just say that those who didn't post one of the three choices stayed put for that round... but glamour it up so it's not just "you did naff all". :P
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Search for clues.

Blog Entries

I'll give everybody the chance to give clear orders just in case the rulestm weren't clear at first.

But don't let that stop anybody from posting a little story to go with it.
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

I guess I'll search for clues too.

Sorry, search for clues.

I'm working on PMs and writeup at the moment, should be done within next day or so.

Please feel free to embellish your posts with some flavour story and stuff, by the way, makes reading them and writing your PMs much more fun.
    Last edited by Secura; 04-20-2010 at 20:52.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

2 cute to execute Member Joooray's Avatar

Rats, I didn't notice that this game has started. If still possible, I'd also like to search for clues. Sorry for not responding earlier.

Supreme Victory, The Shadow Fort
    © Crazed Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Joooray View Post
    Rats, I didn't notice that this game has started. If still possible, I'd also like to search for clues. Sorry for not responding earlier.
    That's fine, I'm doing the writeups at the moment.

Reenk and Autolycus have received their PMs; Beskar and Stildawn will get their's shortly, then those who looked for clues... anyone who didn't make an order will get their's last.

:3

Beskar and Stildawn are done.

Look For Clues: atheotes, Seon, johnhughthom, Winston Hughes, Methos, Double A, Joooray.
    No action: Beefy, slashandburn
    That's all that's left, then an in-thread writeup. Sorry it's taking so long, but as those who have already got PMs can attest to, there's a nice bit of work gone into it, so should be worth a wait. :3

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I liked my PM, anyway. The Adventures of Yuudai are long underway!
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Phase 1
    The Search For Clues
    Double A, johnhughthom, atheotes, Joooray, Winston Hughes, Methos, Seon

The key to a good bourbon is in the serving; always at room temperature, preferably two fluid ounces or so in a snifter and definitely accompanied by some fine tobacco. That was one of the rules that Jack Churchill lived by, and he was indignant at the offence that the bartender had just committed.

"It is against the hotel's policy to smoke in the ballroom, sir", he had whispered as he watched the wizened soldier fumbling with a box of matches to light his pipe, "you cannot light that in here".

"Are you joking, Lloyd?", Jack shouted in response, slamming his hands down on the bar, matches flying everywhere and his bourbon splashing over the woodwork. He was not pleased at all; a free luxury trip and he wasn't even allowed to smoke?

Around the ballroom, pairs of eyes looked up from food, drinks and magazines to focus on Mad Jack; at the end of the bar, Bob called over "listen buddy, the last thing anyone wants on a vacation is arguing". He turned back to his cold pint and hoped that would be the end of it.

Jack motioned for a response, but his voice was drowned out by a loud chime; eyes turned once more towards the organ at the end of the bar, a single finger outstretched and pressing down upon an ivory key. Joseph Winterbottom grinned sheepishly, and mumbled an apology to his fellow guests, his friend Mr. Athington looking at him with a look that could well have killed.

The ornate pipes of the organ chimed again, and the entire room's gaze fixed upon Joseph once more; Thomas threw a treacle tart from across the room and narrowly missed him, his expletive-laden sentence silenced as the organ began to play an upbeat, jazzy number to the surprise of the entire room.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Listen to this:

It was as if the room had sprung to life and in mere seconds, figures appeared out of nowhere; men dressed in the most dapper of dinner tuxedos, women robed in elegant spring-hued chiffon gowns and dozens of hotel staff meandering around with aparatifs and cocktails aplenty. They all seemed so very real, and yet they couldn't be... could they?

Sara shuffled in her seat as a young couple sat next to her, seemingly oblivious that she was there; the pair canoodled with one another, whispering sweet nothings about eloping and parenting. Feeling uncomfortable, Sara gathered her things and moved to sit at Dr. Weston's table. The good doctor was staring at the most beautiful woman in the room, clad in a lilac, off-the-shoulder number with a scarlet mass of hair that made her look like a movie star; his cigarette hung limply from his agape mouth, ashes dripping onto his open magazine.

At the bar, a young gentleman sat between Bob and Thomas, completely ignoring the pair, and called the bartender over. Lloyd and the man spoke briefly about the correct way to drink bourbon, and then the man left, glass-in-hand.

Everything seemed so very, very real... and yet it couldn't be, could it?

In that moment, the figures vanished as quickly as they had appeared, and the guests were left baffled by what had just occured.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Phase 1 Orders

Look For Clues:
    Double A, johnhughthom, atheotes, Joooray, Winston Hughes, Methos, Seon

Look For Exit:
    Beskar, Stildawn

Look For Trouble
    Reenk, autolycus

No Action:
    Beefy, slashandburn
    Last edited by Secura; 04-21-2010 at 04:31.

Blog Entries

Oh great. Ghosts.

Or at least it's statistically likely that what happened was a gesture from the paranormal universe. It always is like that in games.

Alternative answer may be genetic memory from ingesting strange material, simultaneous, synchronized dreaming caused by hallucinogen, or that we just travelled through time. I think ghosts are pretty likely.

Look for clues. Search for any trace of the paranormal, or anything that will give me a better idea of who our guests were

I hope you guys enjoyed the PMs and the writeup, and that I didn't take too many liberties with the wonderful array of characters you've given me. It was an honour to work with 'em, and I look forward to doing so again in the coming weeks!

I'd like to point out that your PMs should state the characters that you are currently working alongside; for example, Beskar and Stildawn are currently working together, Reenk and autolycus have gone their separate ways, and the rest of you are all currently in the Ballroom. In the case of those in the ballroom, if some of you choose different options to others, than you will split up and such. Later in the game, your paths may merge back together or you may meet others. :3

Hope that Peasant Phill is okay with me posting this!

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

Chris Pronger explains his hit on Samuel Garris

When the guests got back to the lobby, Chris Pronger decided to declare that his hit on Samuel Garris was inevitable.

"It's a nothing play if that scary noise doesn't happen," Pronger said, stressing that he did not intentionally hit Garris in the head. The contact, he said, was partly because he is 6-foot-6 and Garris is 6-foot-1. "Of course I'm going to hit him in the head," Pronger said. "He's quite a bit shorter than me. It's just law of physics."
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 04-21-2010 at 03:56. Reason: not supposed to post pm?

Crikey, he's huge... it's got to be something nasty to get the jump on him...

By the way, this...

Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink View Post
    When the guests got back to the lobby
    ...assumes you make it back to the lobby, Philidelphian Flyer!
    Last edited by Secura; 04-21-2010 at 04:11.

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

That entire interview was copy pasted of one he actually gave too (just changed the other name to Garris).

By the way, since I have nobody else tagging along, I'm basically useless in searching for clues, so I'm going to look for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink View Post
    so I'm going to look for trouble.
    Someone had to have the guts to give it a second go!

You're totally going back into the theatre then...

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My apologies. Didn't notice the game started..

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy187 View Post
    My apologies. Didn't notice the game started..
    S'ok!

You still received a PM, as did slashandburn, which moved you out of the ballroom, up the stairs and on the first floor landing, so to speak. So you're still involved in the game. :3

Equicidal Maniac Member slashandburn's Avatar

Apologies for not posting but i think I'll look for trouble with reenk.
    Parla più piano e nessuno sentirà, il nostro amore lo viviamo io e te,
    nessuno sa la verità, neppure il cielo che ci guarda da lassù.
    Insieme a te io resterò,
    amore mio, sempre così.
    Parla più piano e vieni più vicino a me, Voglio sentire gli occhi miei dentro di te,
    nessuno sa la verità, è un grande amore e mai più grande esisterà.
    Insieme a te io resterò,
    amore mio, sempre così.
    Parla più piano e vieni più vicino a me,Voglio sentire gli occhi miei dentro di te,
    nessuno sa la verità,è un grande amore e mai più grande esisterà.

Still deciding on what to do, but wanted to say, excellent writeup Secura. I really liked playing the music from The Shining in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by slashandburn View Post
    Apologies for not posting but i think I'll look for trouble with reenk.
    It's no problem, don't worry about it. Reenk's somewhere in the Hotel on his own, but we've got your order down anyways! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Methos View Post
    Still deciding on what to do, but wanted to say, excellent writeup Secura. I really liked playing the music from The Shining in the background.
    Thanks! I like using incidental music for scenes, so expect more of it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    I hope you guys enjoyed the PMs and the writeup, and that I didn't take too many liberties with the wonderful array of characters you've given me. It was an honour to work with 'em, and I look forward to doing so again in the coming weeks!

I'd like to point out that your PMs should state the characters that you are currently working alongside; for example, Beskar and Stildawn are currently working together, Reenk and autolycus have gone their separate ways, and the rest of you are all currently in the Ballroom. In the case of those in the ballroom, if some of you choose different options to others, than you will split up and such. Later in the game, your paths may merge back together or you may meet others. :3

Hope that Peasant Phill is okay with me posting this!
    Excellent write-up Secura.

I like to add that you can always chose to regroup. It's not guaranteed you'll find each other but it's always possible.
    Again don't hesitate to make your give your own version of what your character experiences. Let's make this one giant multi-angled story.

Also if you don't give orders, you will not contribute to the 'welfare' of the group (of which you're a member) while taking the same risk.
    You have until tomorrow this time to put in your orders.

Are we allowed to attempt to regroup in addition to other actions.
    If so, I'd like to try to regroup while searching for clues.
    Otherwise, I'll just search for clues, while rubbing the bump on my head from that clod Pronger.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Are we allowed to attempt to regroup in addition to other actions.
    If so, I'd like to try to regroup while searching for clues.
    Otherwise, I'll just search for clues, while rubbing the bump on my head from that clod Pronger.
    Yup, regrouping is a legitimate action; I think considering your location you've got a good chance of catching up with s&b and Beefy at least. :P

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Come to us Autolycus!
    More people the better.

Are we facing NPCs or other players?

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy187 View Post
    Are we facing NPCs or other players?
    Who knows?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast