Thread: Map and Interface errors still present

Default Map and Interface errors still present

Hi all,

Ever since 1.4 or 1.5, I've noticed several map and GUI errors.
    - The gold crossing arrow from Newfoundland to Canada is gone
    - The gold crossing arrows between the islands in the Lesser Antilles are gone
    - The Ministers sheet has a big orangish square sometimes appearing in the area where the Line of Succession button is
    - The technology trade page of the Diplomatic negotiation sheet messes up whenever you click on any of the 2nd two tech type tabs

In addition, since I got the Native American DLC (can't remember the precise name) the western border of Cherokee Territory has been messed up in Empire. In the DLC, the border was moved east to make room for an additional region. That additional region doesn't exist in the Empire map, but the western border of Cherokee Territory still appears east of its previous location (along the Mississippi River).

1) Are these graphical errors you all have, or is it just something wrong with my map file(s)?
    2) Is there a fix, or modded files I can use instead?
    Fac et Spera

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Default Re: Map and Interface errors still present

Glad to see you Servius1234!

I have seen the crossing errors too. There are more and the crossing in Michigan is hosed up too.

The Warpath borders also show up on mine. I have not noticed the orange stuff.

Lets hope this next patch fixes those up, though we still don’t know when it is coming.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Hey Fisher, good to hear from you too.

Since it appears to just be graphical (you can still cross, even though the arrows aren't there) is there just a map file I could replace (perhaps with the vanilla version) that would fix the map problems?
    Fac et Spera

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Not unless one of the modders has made one. And that usually means more has changed than just the map.

edit: also, making mods to the map is the most problematic thing we have going.

I know of no one who saved the old map file and if it were installed steam might think you needed an update.
    Last edited by Fisherking; 03-20-2010 at 10:04.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Had a large fort breached in three places, with two of the arrowhead bastions and one corner destroyed as well. Tore it down. Built new fort then built large fort....

no repairs were made; the fort continued in its damaged condition despite 14k of rebuilding. Pooh-rats.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken