Thread: Forgive my irrelevance (please)

Default Forgive my irrelevance (please)

but where from can I download this mod?
    Can anyone provide me with a link?

Thanks
    Last edited by paleologos; 04-29-2010 at 20:20.

Default Re: Forgive my irrelevance (please)

Unfortunately this mod isn't finished yet , but if you own Rome total war you can download EB for that from here.

Reply to Muzzius:
    Thanks, I already have EB. From what I see the effort for EBII started a long time ago. In computer technology time-terms it could be considered centuries. I understand it is a not-for-profit endeavor so I have to ask: does it follow through, at what pace, any ETA, or has it been abandoned?

Thanks again!

As far as I know there is no planned release date for EB2 at the moment, any other questions you have can probably be answered in the FAQ.

And it's definetly not abandoned, the last few previews are less then a month old
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

The FAQ doesn't mention system requirements, are they going to be the same as with M2TW kingdoms?
    Also, I played M2TW years ago but I remember that experience gaining of units would not give the same attack/deffence/moral upgrades. IIRC a unit would gain plus one in attack/deffence for every three experience levels (it really annoyed me). Does this stay on or will it be changed to the classical style of RTW?
    Last edited by paleologos; 04-29-2010 at 21:13.

I think that it will work with the EB system where units gain Experience (chevrons) but there will be no upgrades for attack or defence, as it upsets combat balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by zcb888 View Post
    The FAQ doesn't mention system requirements, are they going to be the same as with M2TW kingdoms?
    Also, I played M2TW years ago but I remember that experience gaining of units would not give the same attack/deffence/moral upgrades. IIRC a unit would gain plus one in attack/deffence for every three experience levels (it really annoyed me). Does this stay on or will it be changed to the classical style of RTW?
    Perhaps a little bit heavier due to all the scripting. I suppose somewhere like other mods with scripts, like Stainless Steel or Deus lo Vult.

AFAIK the EB team want to eliminate experience boni because they are unrealistic. In any case - and I don't think it would be possible - it won't be changed to the RTW experience.

Some remarks:
    1. Why did you think the mod was dead? Just look at the forum and the dates of the threads and all is recent.
    2. I agree that a question about a mod on that mod's forum is iirelevant. Totally irrelevant. You should be banned for posting something as off topic as this on a forum...
    3. In computer technology the mod takes ages, yes. But EB means research, detail, immersion and a great experience. So it's normal that it takes time, even when the makers would be payed. That's why other games, even good games, are such rubbish compared to EB.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Quote Originally Posted by Mediolanicus View Post
    Perhaps a little bit heavier due to all the scripting. I suppose somewhere like other mods with scripts, like Stainless Steel or Deus lo Vult.

AFAIK the EB team want to eliminate experience boni because they are unrealistic. In any case - and I don't think it would be possible - it won't be changed to the RTW experience.

Some remarks:
    1. Why did you think the mod was dead? Just look at the forum and the dates of the threads and all is recent.
    2. I agree that a question about a mod on that mod's forum is iirelevant. Totally irrelevant. You should be banned for posting something as off topic as this on a forum...
    3. In computer technology the mod takes ages, yes. But EB means research, detail, immersion and a great experience. So it's normal that it takes time, even when the makers would be payed. That's why other games, even good games, are such rubbish compared to EB.
    1. My eye was caught by the age of some of the stickies. Other than that I have no excuse, crucify me!
    2. I was reffering to my not being well informed.
    3. No offence meant!

Quote Originally Posted by zcb888 View Post
    1. My eye was caught by the age of some of the stickies. Other than that I have no excuse, crucify me!
    2. I was reffering to my not being well informed.
    3. No offence meant!
    1. Will be taken care of.
    2. Don't worry I was just joking.
    3. Everyone is impatient to play EB II, so none will take offence.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Not all of us have English as our first language, I knew what you meant and so-I believe- did Mediolanicus.

Have a look at my reply to whether EBII should be set in the BI era, it answers much of your original question.
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Not all of us have English as our first language, I knew what you meant and so-I believe- did Mediolanicus.

Have a look at my reply to whether EBII should be set in the BI era, it answers much of your original question.
    Great advertisement macrille... you should work for google i'm just joking

Great to have a new member on the EB forums... and we all hope EB is going to be awesome

~Jirisys (hiya!)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...