Thread: Just wanted to show the EBII team my appreciations for your terrific work

Thumbs up Just wanted to show the EBII team my appreciations for your terrific work

Hi, I'm docus, longtime lurker and longtime admirer of the Europa Barbarorum mod. I still play the Rome Total War version pretty much every month, and I would to express my extreme admiration for all the hard work you guys are putting into this. I check on EB2's progress every week, and my jaw hits my desk every time, no exceptions. I've conquered Eurasia probably a zillion times by now, and it never gets old. I wish you all the greatest courage and fortune in working on this mod. 9000+ kudos to you all!

- An avid Europa Barbarorum fan.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: Just wanted to show the EBII team my appreciations for your terrific work

Thank you for these kind words!!!

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Default Re: Just wanted to show the EBII team my appreciations for your terrific work

i'll add my appreciation as well; thanks for this professional modification! i tell people when advertising it "its literally a history textbook in video game form!" and it has gotten many interested who now love the game.

The heart of evil, to some known as Moscow

Thumbs up! I doubt that there is any game I spend as much time with as with EB. It is really what often is tried to achieve, but only very rarely successful: The making of a gmae which combines learning and fun.

I think we can all agree that the EB team have done, and continue to do a sterling job.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

if it wasn't for EB, i wouldn't have read about such relatively unknown figures such as Pyrrhus Aekades or Quintus Sertorius, or would have ever learned about Jugurtha and his struggles. I'm basically obsessed with history now :P

Quote Originally Posted by fomalhaut View Post
    if it wasn't for EB, i wouldn't have read about such relatively unknown figures such as Pyrrhus Aekades or Quintus Sertorius, or would have ever learned about Jugurtha and his struggles. I'm basically obsessed with history now :P
    where can i sign?
    eb is a great source of information.. but an even greater one for inspiration
    Gott mit dir, dem Bayernvolke,
    Daß wir unsrer Väter wert,
    fest in Eintracht und in Friede
    bauen unseres Glückes Herd;
    Daß der Freund da Hilfe finde,
    Wehrhaft uns der Gegner schau,
    Wo die Rauten-Banner wehen,
    Unsre Farben – Weiß und Blau!

pretty much. all of your conceptions of history are turned on their head, nooks and niches are dug out and you find the most fascinating parts of history are those we never heard about. Like the Galatian of Asia Minor, the Diodachai spreading Hellenism to the ends of the known world. The 'Barbarians' as we know them as products of Roman Propaganda

Exactly. Before Europa Barbarorum I was interested in history, but it wasn't untill I played EB that I became fascinated with it.

And by the way: it's also incredibly fun to play!
    Exegi monumentum aere perennius
    Regalique situ pyramidum altius
    Non omnis moriar

- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

Hear, hear!

I check this forum almost every day just to see if there's a new preview out or something :) I remember when I got RTW thinking it would be the best game ever, but ended up being kinda disappointed (it was still a fun game but.. you know..). So then I found the mod total realism and was pretty pleased. After that I found the EB mod and my mind was blown. Truly amazing stuff you guys have created! It's still my favorite game, the details are works of art. I sometimes just like to start with any random faction and use the money cheat so I can build all the buildings that faction has as quick as possible just so I can read the descriptions that come with them. Rome total war 2 could come out before EB2 and that would't get me excited at all.. The day EB2 comes out though.. my ticky ticker would go 3000 miles/hour just downloading the darn thing (and probably a lot of shouting "faster!!!!" at my PC).

EB2 will be even greater then EB1, I want to play it soooooooo bad it's not even funny
    Politics, just like the tropical forest, feeds itself from its own waste.