Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Europa Barbarorum Film Project

Default Re: The Europa Barbarorum Film Project

Is this project dead now?
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwissBarbar View Post
    Let's poke it with a stick to find out!

~Jirisys (waka-waka-waka)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

Hardly, it was only started 13 days ago!

See? It's been dead
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Lost between books & coins Member DeathFinger's Avatar

See? It's been dead
    Not dead, just hibernating, 'cause Tanit is not around for now.

These look like event films. But agent events. What about map events or some other types of events. Are there any cinematographers and videographers working on that?
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

New member here, willing to help if this part of the project is indeed still alive.
    I read through the thread and the ideas suggested are well within my capabilities in 3D, if that is ok instead of live action footage.
    As far as I remember, M2TW cinematics used the same low poly models as the ones in the battle maps, just rendered more nicely. If the modellers of EB have a final model of a given faction's spy/assassin, I could rig it, set up the scene, and provide the final video, with any post effect required.

If I may, here are a few ideas of mine concerning such cinematics:

------------------
    Spying on an army:

Shot#1 - We see the edge of a cliff, and below it a military camp (tents and the like).
    Shot#2 - The camera moves sideways and we see the back of the spy as he's laying down, staring at the camp.

Success Case:

Shot#3 - Close up in a cage with a pidgeon inside, the spy's hand reaching for it.
    Shot#4 - Top view of the spy. The movement of his hands indicate he's holding the bird and attaching something to it.
    Shot#5 - The camera's located beneath the cliff's edge, pointing upwards to the spy, who opens his arms and allows the pidgeon to take flight.

Failure Case:

Shot#3 - Close up in the cage with the pidgeon inside, the spy's hand reaching for it and clumsily pushes it off the cliff.
    Shot#4 - Low angle camera, pointing upwards to the edge of the cliff, with the spy reaching out to grab the cage as it falls towards the screen.
    Shot#5 - Top view of the shattered cage, soldiers gathering around it. The camera slowly moves sideways to show the spot where the spy was hiding, who has now vanished.

Death Case:

Shot#3 - Close up on the spy's face from the side, as he watches the camp. He seems to hear something and turns his head around to see.
    Shot#4 - Same camera as in Shot#2, but with 2 guards on the foreground, staring at the spy, who's staring back at them.
    Shot#5 - The camera's located beneath the cliff's edge, pointing upwards. For a second nothing happens, then we see the spy being pushed off the cliff, and falling down and out of the frame.
    ------------------

------------------
    Assassination in a port:

Shot#1 - We see a small pier during nightime, poorely lit, as the target is on it, sitting on a crate.
    Shot#2 - Top view of the pier. The silhouette of the assassin is barely visible, as he swims underwater, moving under the pier in order to get to his target's rear.
    Shot#3 - First person view, we see through the assassin's eyes as his hands reach for the pier's planks and grab them. The camera then points upwards, in search of the target.

Success Case:

Shot#4 - We see the target from the front, sitting on a crate, and a second later he's being violently pulled back, into the river.
    Shot#5 - Mid shot of a guard who seems to notice a sound, turns his head away from the camera (towards the river), and then turns away from it again, obviously indifferent.

Failure Case:
    Shot#4 - This shot continues from Shot#3. As the camera points upwards, the place is suddenly lit. The camera rotates to the left to reveal a guard bearing a torch, who seems to have noticed the assassin. Almost immediately, the camera dives underwater, indicating that the assassin hastily submerged.
    Shot#5 - Top view of the pier with the would-be target and a couple of guards moving about anxiously in search of the assassin.

Death Case:

Shot#4 - This shot continues from Shot#3. The camera points upwards, and instead of seeing the target's back, we see him standing up, looking straight at the camera, wielding a sword and ready to strike.
    Shot#5 - Low angle camera, slowly moving backwards, showing the target as he leans over the crates and slashing at something with his sword.
    ------------------

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tangible View Post
    New member here, willing to help if this part of the project is indeed still alive.
    I read through the thread and the ideas suggested are well within my capabilities in 3D, if that is ok instead of live action footage.
    As far as I remember, M2TW cinematics used the same low poly models as the ones in the battle maps, just rendered more nicely. If the modellers of EB have a final model of a given faction's spy/assassin, I could rig it, set up the scene, and provide the final video, with any post effect required.

If I may, here are a few ideas of mine concerning such cinematics:

------------------
    Spying on an army:

Shot#1 - We see the edge of a cliff, and below it a military camp (tents and the like).
    Shot#2 - The camera moves sideways and we see the back of the spy as he's laying down, staring at the camp.

Success Case:

Shot#3 - Close up in a cage with a pidgeon inside, the spy's hand reaching for it.
    Shot#4 - Top view of the spy. The movement of his hands indicate he's holding the bird and attaching something to it.
    Shot#5 - The camera's located beneath the cliff's edge, pointing upwards to the spy, who opens his arms and allows the pidgeon to take flight.

Failure Case:

Shot#3 - Close up in the cage with the pidgeon inside, the spy's hand reaching for it and clumsily pushes it off the cliff.
    Shot#4 - Low angle camera, pointing upwards to the edge of the cliff, with the spy reaching out to grab the cage as it falls towards the screen.
    Shot#5 - Top view of the shattered cage, soldiers gathering around it. The camera slowly moves sideways to show the spot where the spy was hiding, who has now vanished.

Death Case:

Shot#3 - Close up on the spy's face from the side, as he watches the camp. He seems to hear something and turns his head around to see.
    Shot#4 - Same camera as in Shot#2, but with 2 guards on the foreground, staring at the spy, who's staring back at them.
    Shot#5 - The camera's located beneath the cliff's edge, pointing upwards. For a second nothing happens, then we see the spy being pushed off the cliff, and falling down and out of the frame.
    ------------------

------------------
    Assassination in a port:

Shot#1 - We see a small pier during nightime, poorely lit, as the target is on it, sitting on a crate.
    Shot#2 - Top view of the pier. The silhouette of the assassin is barely visible, as he swims underwater, moving under the pier in order to get to his target's rear.
    Shot#3 - First person view, we see through the assassin's eyes as his hands reach for the pier's planks and grab them. The camera then points upwards, in search of the target.

Success Case:

Shot#4 - We see the target from the front, sitting on a crate, and a second later he's being violently pulled back, into the river.
    Shot#5 - Mid shot of a guard who seems to notice a sound, turns his head away from the camera (towards the river), and then turns away from it again, obviously indifferent.

Failure Case:
    Shot#4 - This shot continues from Shot#3. As the camera points upwards, the place is suddenly lit. The camera rotates to the left to reveal a guard bearing a torch, who seems to have noticed the assassin. Almost immediately, the camera dives underwater, indicating that the assassin hastily submerged.
    Shot#5 - Top view of the pier with the would-be target and a couple of guards moving about anxiously in search of the assassin.

Death Case:

Shot#4 - This shot continues from Shot#3. The camera points upwards, and instead of seeing the target's back, we see him standing up, looking straight at the camera, wielding a sword and ready to strike.
    Shot#5 - Low angle camera, slowly moving backwards, showing the target as he leans over the crates and slashing at something with his sword.
    ------------------
    now that would be worth including in he films project

and welcome to the forumz! may your sty be long!
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Thank you, it's good to be here. Btw, you can check (http://brotherofmysister.deviantart.com) if you'd like to see samples of my work. Due to my workload I haven't been able to devote myself into making a large and detailed scene, or any decent character-based video, which is something I'm eager to do (preferably for EB) now that I have more spare time in my hands.

Wow, really? I mean, I'm already working on the live film, but 3D videos are awesome. Another option is to act as an editor in post-production if your interested.

BTW, been busy with RL stuff and haven't edited my second post with people's ideas in a while but I am still alove, still working on this and I'll get around to it soon.

That's another possibility Tanit, as long as it doesn't involve tracking though. I'm unfortunately clueless when it comes to that.

Lover of Beauty Member Imperator Invictus's Avatar
    in the lands of the Free Dacians, just outside Dacia Felix

Getai may have a special class of priests, apart from ktistes, who could spy or even assasinate
    As for other barbarians, the place for recruting assasins could be the tavern, in my opinion, like it was in Medieval 1

any news on the movie front ?
    Gott mit dir, dem Bayernvolke,
    Daß wir unsrer Väter wert,
    fest in Eintracht und in Friede
    bauen unseres Glückes Herd;
    Daß der Freund da Hilfe finde,
    Wehrhaft uns der Gegner schau,
    Wo die Rauten-Banner wehen,
    Unsre Farben – Weiß und Blau!

Not much. I had to move, so I tried to get all the shooting done before hand, but my videographer's camera broke after getting through only about 4 assassination videos. I am now trying to find a new videographer in my new locale.

Sounds a good idea.

Glad I came in here as I thought initially this was going to be along the lines of 'Social Networking 2' or something to that effect, thankyou for proving me wrong.

Just wanted to let you all know that with winter ending and summer beginning where I am, the shooting season can finally commence once more! Since almost every shot is outdoors I've had to put this project on hold since the fall, but now I have a new videographer and I will be tackling this over the length of the summer.

That's great Tanit, good to hear that and I'm sure the fans too. Have fun shooting!

Great news Tanit! Looking forward to the result, it's still a great idea.
    Exegi monumentum aere perennius
    Regalique situ pyramidum altius
    Non omnis moriar

- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

Quote Originally Posted by Tanit View Post
    Just wanted to let you all know that with winter ending and summer beginning where I am, the shooting season can finally commence once more! Since almost every shot is outdoors I've had to put this project on hold since the fall, but now I have a new videographer and I will be tackling this over the length of the summer.
    i hope this works out well, i will say that Shogun Total War was given a huge amount of character due to the high quality agent videos. Rome was a lesser game just from that lack of little reperesentation of your agents as more than just giants on a battle map

Good to hear Tanit, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Target is hunting in a forest. Assassin creeps up behind target and fires an arrow.

Success: Target is killed by arrow and his death is presumed to be an accident, assassin sneaks away.

Failure1: Target is not hit by arrow, but arrow hits an unfortunate animal and target thinks nothing of it, assassin sneaks away.

Failure2: Target is not hit by arrow, spots assassin, shoots assassin.

Member Member stratigos vasilios's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Populus Romanus View Post
    Success: Target is killed by arrow and his death is presumed to be an accident, assassin sneaks away.
    Just quietly, how can being shot by an arrow be an accident?
    We love you because you died and resurrected to save us...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    We love you Goku!

hunting parties can be many many men

YAY the Movie Season starts! *buys unpoped corn*
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth