Thread: A "great migratio" type faction in Germania?

Default A "great migratio" type faction in Germania?

Probably you have been spoken about this question, but I would like to know if it would be possible a second faction in Germania as in the Barbarian Invasion that could represent the great migration of the Cimbrii and Teutoni across western Europe. I know that this invasion start later in the game time, but I dont think why they couldnt do it before, with the proper Leader

This really would provide a lot of posibilities for the game scene in middle Europe, this would finish the calmy status of the Suevii sorrounded by rebels. In addition the factions around could find themselves in a dangerous situation that again would improve the gameplay and historical facts in this excellent mod.

Default Re: A "great migratio" type faction in Germania?

I hate to break it to you, friend, but this had been firmly rejected time and time again.

but I dont think why they couldnt do it before, with the proper Leader
    ... What?

Varangarchos ton Romaioktonon Member Hannibal Khan the Great's Avatar

It would be cool if another Germanic faction could be in though, not necessarily being a migration, but just another tribe, like the Sweboz.
    from Megas Methuselah for helping with city names from Hooahguy for my sig

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Khan the Great View Post
    It would be cool if another Germanic faction could be in though, not necessarily being a migration, but just another tribe, like the Sweboz.
    I have a feel, that we will meet with another one in EB2.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

Most of the mayor tribes were bordering with the Sweboz so for Balance might be the Bastarnae or something.

Making the rebels slightly more aggressive could fix the "calmy status" of the suevii. I haven't played EBI with every faction but so far rebels have only tried to take my cities once and it was when I played with the Casse. This would make it harder on all factions and would make the rebels seem more like real tribes and kingdoms rather than unused land.

While another Germanic faction would be cool (those who know me, know my love for prehistoric Danes- Scandinavians-Germanics), I believe that there is no room for it up there really, nor in the faction slots, seen "globally" (as on the part depicted on the EB map), there are more important factions not in the game that should be in. Syracuse, Celt-iberians and Massilia would be my examples for equally important states but there is literally no room for them on the map. Eastern experts can probably come up with others from that part of the world.
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

Don't forget that now the Sweboz have the Boii close by. There's no room in central Europe for another faction, but maybe an eastern Germanic faction will add flavor to the game.

Cheers.