Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: All Those Pretty Stars [Concluded]

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

Default Re: All Those Pretty Stars

Improved character images, courtesy once more of Beskar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

Greetings all... Flax dragged me over here from his Saga game. In as Alejo de Lula, pretty please.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

welcome, jillyfae. A pleasure to meet and greet you.

Hope you enjoy the game.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Glad to see you made it, jillyfae.

With eleven characters taken, that leaves Jin Sung for Psychonaut.

I spy the evil peoples Senior Member Romanic's Avatar

Yay, we're full. When do we start?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanic View Post
    Yay, we're full. When do we start?
    When Murder Manor III or The Spider's Web ends, more or less.

I doubt you'll need me, given the size, but I'll come on as a reserve in case somebody has to drop.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    I doubt you'll need me, given the size, but I'll come on as a reserve in case somebody has to drop.
    Thank you.

Replace me, I am dropping from the game.

Scratch that, I'm staying. Thanks for your PMs Flax.
    Last edited by Romanic; 05-29-2010 at 22:59.

Game will start Monday the 7th of June. Role PMs will be sent 24h in advance.

Call me Arpeg. Member ArpeggiateTHIS's Avatar

If, by any chance, somebody pulls out and Autolycus doesn't cut the cloth, stick me on reserve.
    Arpeggio: A broken chord. Arpeggiate: Breaking up a chord. ArpeggiateTHIS, scumbag.

Done and thank you.

All role PMs have been sent. A complete list of rules and an real introduction story should be upcoming later this day.

Introduction

The soothing silence was interrupted by mechanical sounds of hundreds of sleeping pods opening themselves. Twelve people slowly stirred to wakefulness in a groggy state, for the cycle was not supposed to end for another day. Disoriented, they each emerged from their respective pod with a throbbing headache. The dim lighting barely illuminating the sterile metallic floor and walls of the ship, they took notice of each other before turning their gaze upon the scores of pods neatly arranged in rows all around them. No one else was rising and yet Stellar Transport XJY-0745295 had been nearly filled to capacity in passengers and crew. Men and women, old and young, they all lay in their opened cocoons, some seemingly peaceful, but others with a twisted visage. Very quickly, the haze of sleepiness was gone, replaced by questions: What had happened? What was going on? What if I'm next!?

----------------

A man, in his late forties, made his way toward the front of the ship, he was quickly joined by another man in his thirties. At the end of a row of sleeping pods, they found the captain of the ship slumped on a control console. Blood was pooling at his feet, besides which laid a loaded pulser. The older man picked up the weapon, while the younger one turned over the body.

“He died moments ago, multiple stab wounds.”

The older man nodded and pointed at the nearest sleeping pod. “I think he saved our lives, judging from the condition of the crew and most of the passengers.”

They both saw that the glass of the pod had been shattered by pulser fire. Evidently, the captain had tried to get out, but from the blood trail leading to the pod, he had been attacked while still inside.

“We should go tell the others.” The older man said. “What's your name?”

“Alejo de Lula.” The younger man replied.

“I'm Reilly Banks.”

They shook hands

---------------

At the aft of the ship a young woman and two older men were huddled around a computer console.

“Bring up the ship status.” A hearty looking man with white hair said. “I'm Andrei Kerensky, by the way.”

“Eve Saint-Claire.” The woman muttered as her nimble fingers danced upon the interface screen.

There was a silence and both of them looked at the third man.

“Oh...” He shrugged. “Diedrich White, plea-”

“This doesn't look good.” Eve cut him off as her screen was filled with a schematic of the ship, many of the sections appearing in an angry shade of red.

“Engines, Navigation... even the Medbay is out. At least life support is still in working order.” Andrei appraised the readings.

“And look at this...” She brought up another screen.

“We're heading straight...” The old man started.

“...straight at a star.” Diedrich replied breathlessly, almost in disbelief.

-----------------

In the main hold, the rest of the survivors where milling about. A couple was seated on the edge of a sleeping pod, holding each other tightly and whispering to each other.

Nearby, a boy was sobbing next to the pods of what were probably his deceased parents. A woman in her mid thirties kneeled next to him and tentatively embraced him. The boy grasped her tightly.

“Its alright now, everything will be alright.” She tried to say soothingly. “What's your name?”

“Ed-edward” The boy choked.

“Well, I'm Christy, Edward. Christy... Hart.” She struggled with the last word. “Come with me, lets go meet the others.”

A few pods away, a young woman with dark skin stared at the dead occupants of two sleeping pods, speechless, as if she was still processing the reality of it all.

Finally, a man and a woman were wandering through the row of sleeping pods. The man, in his early thirties, stopped in front of each deceased person and muttured a few words, before moving on. The woman, in her late twenties, simply walked , stunned and apparently trying to take her mind off what was going on.

-----------------

Minutes later, everyone was assembled in the main hold.

“We've got bad news.” Reilly Banks announced, with Alejo de Lula standing next to him.

“So do we.” Andrei Kerensky replied in an even voice, flanked by Eve Saint-Claire and Diedrich White.

“Well then, go ahead.”

“In a few words, unless we repair the engines and the navigation systems, which have been damaged by micro meteorites, then in five hours we will be inside the corona of a star and quite dead.” Kerensky told them bluntly.

There was a moment of silent panic between many of the survivors, but Reilly raised his hand to call attention on himself.

“I'm afraid to add that beyond this dire news, there is a killer among us. He or she killed all other passengers and the crew, our survival was probably not planned. We need to repair this ship, but we need to be careful.”

“Who exactly put you in charge?” The Asian man asked, still holding his wife.

“Well, I do have the captain's pulser.” Reilly brandished the weapon for all to see. “Don't worry though, I don't plan on using it without good reason.”

“So how do we find this killer?” Christy Hart asked.

There was a deep silence.

“We could do a vote?” The woman who was wandering through the pods earlier spoke up.

Some were about to protest, but Christy Hart cut them off.

“She's right. Judgment by our peers, its the only way.”

Reilly Banks nodded grudgingly and one by one the others accepted.

“But...” Christy continued, unexpectedly. “This boy, Edward...” She held him near her. “...Will be left out of these proceedings. Surely he can't be the killer.”

“That's fine by me.” The man who had spoken to everyone of the deceased said.

Others soon agreed.

“So be it.” Reilly Banks declared. “There will be a judgment decided by each of us, save for the boy who shall not be voted and will not vote. Furthermore, we will have to decide if we are to kill the person we condemn or simply trap them in a sleeping pod.” He finished grimly.

Rules:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    • Stay in character as much as possible, speak only out of character (OOC) when necessary.

• No quoting PMs.

• No screenshots.

• All reveals have to stay in character.

• No PMs in between players.

• No chat discussions about the game between players.

• The dead cannot speak in the thread.

• Each "day phase" will represent 15 minutes in game, while each "night phase" will represent 45 minutes in game. Thus, the ship needs to be repaired before the 6th "day phase". If it is not repaired by then, everyone on board dies.

• To repair the ship, during the "day phase" you have to write Repair: Engine, Repair: Navigation or Repair: Medbay, all of these must be bolded to count.

• As in other mafia games, to vote someone, write Vote: Alejo de Lula for example, to change that vote, the format is Unvote, Vote: Amy Glenn. Again these must be bolded. (Please vote for character names and not player names, to keep with the ambiance.)

• Vote: No Lynch and Vote: Abstain are permitted.

• You can also opt to choose the method of disposing of the person who is voted for by writing Method: Sleeping Pod (Imprisoning the character, he or she can still talk, but do nothing else), Method: Pulser (Single shot to the head, consumes the pulser's ammo) or Method: Airlock (A most gruesome death.) (Be warned, it is possible for someone to escape a sleeping pod, either by some event or the help of someone.)

• There are no locations in this game, meaning someone who is repairing navigation can use an ability on someone who is repairing the engines.

• Being in "repair mode" is no proof of innocence, for characters can still use their abilities since these supersede the repair action, unless otherwise written.

• Barring exception, each character has a 1 to 4 score in each Repair: Mechanical (For Engines and a bit Medbay), Repair: Electronical (For Navigation and a bit Medbay) and Combat, for when there is an attack. Items can modify the latter score by a bonus of 1 to 4.

Tips:

• At the start of your posts, write the name of your character, either in a description or simply alone. This will help others associate you with your character.

• Write descriptions in italics, spoken parts in "quotation marks" and OOC portion within spoiler tags.

• Use your creativity, your role PM is simply a guideline. Do not be afraid to contact me by PM or by IM repeatedly to ask if you can try out different things.

Other:

• Send your questions to me by PM or IM, I will reply to each one personally and if needed, I will include an FAQ in the first post.

• Have fun!

Alive: (12/12)
    Alejo de Lula (jillyfae)
    Amy Glenn (Methos)
    Andrei Kerensky (Captain Blackadder)
    Christy Hart (Spl1tp3r50naL1ty)
    Diedrich White (Renata)
    Edward (Askthepizzaguy)
    Eve Saint-Claire (Secura)
    Jake Harris (Romanic)
    Jin Sung (Psychonaut)
    Reilly Banks (Niklas)
    Susann Becker (Winston Hughes)
    Zareen Sung (Beefy187)

In Sleeping Pod: (0/12)

Dead: (0/12)

"Day 1" will commence Monday 7th of June at 17:00 EST (5 PM). I will post in the thread at that time as a reminder.
    Last edited by TheFlax; 06-07-2010 at 22:59.

All Those Pretty Stars has begun!

"Day 1" begins now! (5 hours left in game before reaching the star)

"Day 1" will end Tueday the 8th of June at 17:00 EST (5PM)

I'm scared and I want my mommy.....

Why'd she have to die.... why why why....
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

"Alright gents and ladies, listen up!"

Reilly Banks idly weighed the pulse gun back and forth in his hand, as if deciding whether to try it out immediately, while carefully eyeing each of the other survivors in turn.

"We're frikkin' eleven people, we're on a space ship that's highly damaged and about to kill us in mere hours, and there's a mass murderer among us. We need to get organized, and we need it now. First of all we need to get the ship back to a semblance of working order. Whoever's good with the mechanics, head over to that engine room right away and see what can be done. Kerensky, wanna take control of that mission, or do you fancy yourself more of an electrician? We need the navigation systems up too. Eve? White? What of the rest of you, think you can be of any assistance in this? We need to get moving, and we need it now!"
    Last edited by Niklas; 06-07-2010 at 23:12.

Christy Hart gently stroked the small boy's head, "Shh, it's alright Edward, it's going to be fine,"

She continued stroking his head and looked at Reilly,

"I'm a pretty alright with computers, if no one else with more skill wants to do it, I'll take a crack at it."
    Last edited by Splitpersonality; 06-08-2010 at 00:03. Reason: past tensifying things.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Jake Harris shook his head with a sad expression.

"Such a tragedy, so many people dead. May you go in peace my brothers and sisters, the universe claimed you, but you shall never be forgotten."

He sighed, then an expression of resolve appeared on his face.

"If we really have five hours to repair the ship, we should get to work right now. I don't possess the knowledge to repair it, but I will gladly lend my hand any way I can. Let's get to work! Where do we start? What should I do?"

Alejo squatted down next to the small boy.

"Edward, right? Would you like to help me look for the med-bay? We can make sure no one else will get hurt, while your new friend," he nodded at Christy where she stood stroking the boy's hair, trying and failing to remember her name, "helps fix the ship, ok?"

Rules Addendum:
    • Vote: No Lynch and Vote: Abstain are permitted.

Carry on.

Christy nodded at Alejo, "It's Christy, and thank you."

She smiled at Edward, "Is that okay with you Edward?"
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Leaning back against the hold's wall, Eve kept herself occupied by drumming her fingers rhythmically upon her legs, listening to the subdued sobbing of Edward and the gentle reassurances of nearby adults; she had her own problems, but there was nothing like a heartbroken and possibly bereaved child to put everything into perspective for her.

"If you like, you can stay here and keep an eye on the little one, Christie", she spoke softly, her dulcet tone barely above a whisper, "I've got a magic touch when it comes to electrical equipment."
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Chrisy nodded at Eve, and went back to gently petting Edward. It broke her heart to see a child in the midst of this horror.

She looked around and noticed a few other people seemed to share the same distraught look. She could only imagine the face she was putting up.

She pushed these thoughts to the back of her mind, for now Edward was her world.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

Andrei gets up looking through his notes on the engines of the ship noting all he can about the particuler idiosyncratic elements of the engine. He sees everyone looking at him waiting for some kind of guidance as the oldest person here yet he does not know what. He mutters to himself

Damn it I am getting too old for this stuff, this was supposed to be my retirement. Go on a nice adventure they said go see Ira they said it will be fantastic. It will be a nice change being a passenger they said bah. Guess it will be allright to get the old brain working again after a little while out of the game. I will be going to the engine room.

With this he begins to look around the room for tools that can allow him to begin work.

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

Quote Originally Posted by spL1tp3r50naL1ty View Post
    Christy nodded at Alejo, "It's Christy, and thank you."

She smiled at Edward, "Is that okay with you Edward?"
    I don't want to be left alone. But someone's gotta make the ship go again... I guess....
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Diedrich White has recovered nicely from the shock, or so it seems until he opens his mouth.

I don't suppose there are any lab rats on this ship, are there? Even a ferret? Someone's stray pet hamster?

Because, you know, it's occurred to me that if we're all five hours away from disappearing in a shower of charged particles, we may as well get some science out of it. Imagine the paper I could write! Unprecedented in the annals of scientific endeavor! Effect of close approach to Star (what star is this, anyway) on the biological systems of Mus musculus!

I don't suppose anyone would agree to waiting for about four and a half hours and *then* fix the navigation system?

Diedrich takes in the varied expressions around him with a look of belated recognition of reality.

Ah, right. What are you all looking at, I don't have a mouse anyway. Get to work!

Repair: Engines

This is so beneath my level of genius.

Reilly leans towards Jake Harris at his side, and speaks in a low voice: "Man, I sure wouldn't mind me some of her "magic touch". Guess it's a pity I don't have any electronic implants that need attention, eh?" Giving Jake a wink, he moves over towards where Eve Saint-Claire is sitting.

"That's great people, glad to see some initiative around here. We may survive this yet, or at the very least we'll have something interesting to do for the last 5 hours of our lives. Kerensky and White should get the engines up in no time, I'm sure. Alejo, how about you bring Christy and Edward over to the Medbay to see what can be done there? Eve and I are going to take care of the Navigation equipment. The rest of you lot, make yourselves useful!"

Reilly extends his hand towards the sitting Eve. "Come on honey*, let's get moving, I'm sure you'll have the systems up in no time."

Repair: Navigation

* I was sooooo tempted to write "treacle" instead.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Still holding his wife, and stroking her shoulder comfortingly, Jin Sung spoke up.

Hey everyone. Jin Sung here. I've spend a lot of time on Starships, so I've got a good understanding of the workings of this old gal. I guess some of my ancestors must have been mechanics, so I can get to work on getting the engines or the med-bay up and running. Since we are on course for a bit of a scrape with a star it's probably more important to get the engines working, than the med-bay right now. Yeah?

Jin sighed.

It's a pity most of the systems are down. Have you seen the navigational holograph? It's fantastic, I've wasted countless hours just studying the star-maps. Ah.. they're so inspiring.

His voice trailed off, with a wistful look in his eyes.
    Last edited by naut; 06-08-2010 at 14:40.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Eve raised an eyebrow inquistively, murmured "okay, treacle" then prepared to follow Reilly to the navigation systems.

Repair: Navigation

There's no temptation here, I'll just say it.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast