Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: All Those Pretty Stars [Concluded]

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Default Re: All Those Pretty Stars

(Edit: Diedrich)

Get to work, Jin, and stop waffling. If I have to be in here up to my elbows in frayed wiring, so do you.

Anyone want to start up a game of six-dimensional mental chess to liven up the busy-work? Alpha pawn B1 to alpha pawn B1 treble.

Alejo stands and glances quickly at Jin, muttering softly under his breath, "since there's a murderer around, keeping everyone alive to fix the engines is probably a good idea too." Shaking his head to dislodge the mental image of the dead Captain, he turns back towards Christy and Edward.

"Let's keep ourselves busy, yes? I'm not an expert on fixing computers or machinery, but let's see what we can do."

Repair: Medbay

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    Get to work, Jin, and stop waffling. If I have to be in here up to my elbows in frayed wiring, so do you.

Repair: Engines
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Standing over six feet tall, with high cheekbones and a naturally stern countenance, Susann Becker always cut an imposing figure. Glancing over at Diedrich White, she gave a condescending smile.

"Only six dimensions? I never play mental chess in less than nine... But, while I have total faith in my own ability to multitask, I worry that your inferior male brain would only be distracted from the job at hand. And, on that subject, I'm wondering whether we should split ourselves evenly between the three things that need repairing, or if there might be some advantage to concentrating the greater portion of our effort on repairing one thing? Any opinions?"

Although Ms Becker waited politely for an answer, the look on her face implied she held little hope of being impressed by what her fellow survivors had to offer.

Repair: Navigation

I spy the evil peoples Senior Member Romanic's Avatar

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Apologies about this post, I wasn't certain if I would be back in time to post, but I didn't want to be doing nothing.
    Last edited by Romanic; 06-08-2010 at 21:58.

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

Tally:

No votes yet.

No method yet.

Repair: Engines (Diedrich White, Jin Sung, Jake Harris)
    Repair: Navigation (Reilly Banks, Eve Saint-Claire, Susann Becker)
    Repair: Medbay (Alejo de Lula)
    Last edited by TheFlax; 06-08-2010 at 22:02.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

Jake Harris quickly looked at Eve St-Claire and grinned back at Reilly.

"She is a beautiful woman indeed, but I don't have time for these... things. My faith is enough to fill all my desires. Do you know about the Universal Way? It's such a marvelous way to see the world. We should talk about it when we have time, brother. But now it's time for hard work, we need to repair this ship pronto."

Jake followed Jin and Diedrich to the engines room.

"Guys, I don't know much about this. Will you tell me what to do? I can handle a screwdriver and a hammer, hopefully I'll be useful."

"Day 1" has ended.

As the first fifteen minutes passed, there was some discussion and a few of the passengers got organized into groups to start the repairs, while others, apparently not affected by the urgency of the situation, decided not to lend a hand.

Tally:

No Lynch

Repair: Engines (Diedrich White, Jin Sung, Jake Harris)
    Repair: Navigation (Reilly Banks, Eve Saint-Claire, Susann Becker)
    Repair: Medbay (Alejo de Lula)

Not Repairing: (Edward, Amy Glenn, Andrei Kerensky, Zareen Sung, Christy Hart)

Have not posted in this round: (Amy Glenn/Methos and Zareen Sung/Beefy187)

"Night 1" begins. It will end Wednesday 9th of June at 17:00 EST (5 PM)
    Last edited by TheFlax; 06-08-2010 at 22:09.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The shock of the accident prevented me from talking..
    I have recovered

I can't do much, but I can offer a hand to repair anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Great, so I'm checking out the navigation systems with a sex pest and a mardy bum... should be eventful!
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

repair engines

sorry for being late hope I still can do some fixing

Andrei wakes from his looking at his notes on the engine upset at all these "scientists" trying to tell him what to do.

Excuse me I have the most practical experiance working on engines so I will work there so follow me all.

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

It is too late to call out repairs at this time. Make sure to include repair order during a post in the next day phase though.

Jake Harris

BANG CLANK BANG. Jake Harris was working on the engines with Diedrich and Jin, and was trying to fix a dislodged piece without much success. He motioned at Jin.

"So what's your story, brother? Why are you on this ship? That previous talk about star maps was interesting, are you a pilot?"

Jake approached Deidrich White.

"Hey Deidrich. What were you saying about mistreatment of poor defenseless creatures such as ferrets? You can't do this, it's an evil, terrible thing to do. These animals feel the pain as much as we, humans. Is this how you envision your last hours in the Universe, inflicting pain on other living beings?"

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

(Diedrich @ Jake)

Oh. You're one of those.

Excuse me if I don't waste my remaining time alive debating animal rights. There's a woman here who is under the delusion that she is my mental superior. That promises to be much more entertaining, don't you think?

If we do go into the star, Jake, I'll toast a ferret in your honor. Cheers.

"Night 1" Ends

After forty five minutes of labor or idling, everyone returns to the main hold for further discussion.

"Day 2" begins now and will end Thursday June 10th at 17:00 EST (5 pm)

Individual PMs pertaining to what happened during the Night Phase will be sent shortly.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Christy.... Christy.... I'm hungry. I want some Space Doritos.

I don't like that Mister Banks. He gives me the creeps.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

"Hey hey, seems we're making good progress here, eh Eve? We're such a team! Oh yeah, Susann too, good job there."

Surveying the other survivors, Reilly Banks' face grows cold as he spots Amy Glenn sitting around doing nothing.

"Hey little lady, how about waking up and joining the rest of us in reality? Or perhaps you'd rather go back to sleep?"

vote: Amy Glenn; Method: Sleeping Pod

Jake Harris

"How did we do? Are we going to have enough time to repair the ship before we hit the star?"

"I am not much of a mechanic, but from what I've seen, our current progress does not seem good enough to repair the engines in time. We need more working people so putting someone to sleep isn't productive."

"Leave Amy alone, she is still shocked after what happened, give her more time. She could prove useful to us later, and I'd like to hear from her before making any harsh decision."

Vote: no lynch

Blog Entries

After listening to the discussion so far, Zareen finally decided to talk.

"Tonight I would like to lend a hand in Repair: Med Bay. I think the Med Bay might be very important. As for the lynch, with no one claiming to get attacked, or encounter in strange incident I say we hold off lynching someone."

Vote: No Lynch

Eve leaned against the same wall she had occupied only forty-five minutes previously, folding her arms and watching as the rest of the passengers returned to the hold. Reilly made some comment about teamwork, but she merely shrugged her shoulders; in Eve's opinion, it hardly constituted as a team effort when she was bearing the brunt of the workload.

The internal politics of the ship didn't matter to her; she wanted to return to the navigation systems as quickly as possible, fix everything and return home, preferably without anyone else dying.

Repair: Navigation
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

I don't understand... if we only have a short time, and we need to catch the bad guy... why are we not even trying to?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Because no one is dead yet. And if we don't lynch anyway, we can use more man power to repair stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy187 View Post
    Because no one is dead yet. And if we don't lynch anyway, we can use more man power to repair stuff.
    In 5 hours, everyone is gonna be... be.... *begins crying*

We already used up one hour, and now we're gonna waste another one? How are we ever going to catch the bad guy in time this way? We're all going to end up like my... my...

I wanna go home! The adults here don't know what they're doing!
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Christy gives Edward some chips. The boy's statements ring true to her, but what can the town do? With no evidence to base it on, senselessly killing the remaining survivors would be ludicrous.

"Sometimes Edward," she started "grown ups do some strange things because they're scared. Hurting all the good people here is not going to help anyone, if we can just repair the ship, and move away from the star, maybe then we can worry about surviving after that." she sighed, and stroked his hair. Then leaned down and whispered to him.

"Though I do think you are right, action needs to be taken..." she smiled at him, and stole a chip.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Well, what I mean...

...What if you can get the ship fixed, but then bad things start to happen? Like more people die... or someone breaks the ship again? Then there's not much time left.

And we will have more people we think could have done it. We won't have much chance of guessing right!

If we don't at least put some people in the sleeping pods, then we will have no way of narrowing it down.

At least, that's what I think... but... I dunno. I hope you guys have a good plan. I'm very scared right now.

*munches on some chips, nervously*
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Jake Harris

"So how did it go with the Navigation systems, miss Eve? Should we expect the repairs to be done within 4 hours?"

Christy reaches into her shoulder bag and pulls out a small stack of wooden blocks, and a small metal platform. She presses a button on it, and it glows a soft blue and floats in the air.

"Would you like to play some Space Jenga Edward?" She presses a second button and the wooden blocks arrange themselves in a small tower, in alternating patterns of 3 blocks aligned in a cross hatching pattern.

She slowly grabs and pulls one of the wooden blocks out, and places it down next to herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

I'll be on vacation the 19th to the 26th, so you might as well give my spot to someone who will be able to be active. I'm not sure, but I think in my PM to you (TheFlax) I said next week, but its actually the week after next. Either way, my apologies.

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

Andrei looks around at everyone suprised at some peoples bloodlust.

I say the best thing to do is to focus on repairing this ship when we make it to our destination alive we can let the real authorities handle the situation. Also I say now that I will not partake in the murder of anyone I say if we suspect someone they shall be put in stasis and not thrown out the airlock.

Anyway I will be off to the engine bay thank you anyone willing to follow orders is welcome to join me. Any of you "scientests" who have only books to tell you what to do and no actual practical experiance can go do other things anyone handy with a wrench will be far better help to me.

repair engines

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

"Well, the good news is that we're on course to fixing everything", Eve whispered in her soft tone of voice, "we'll probably be done and dusted with a little bit of time to spare, if it's just three of us working on it".

She hesistated for a moment, but felt that everyone else had a right to know.

"The bad news is that the navigation systems weren't damaged accidentally... they were sabotaged."

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast