Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: All Those Pretty Stars [Concluded]

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Default Re: All Those Pretty Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blackadder View Post
    Andrei looks around at everyone suprised at some peoples bloodlust.

I say the best thing to do is to focus on repairing this ship when we make it to our destination alive we can let the real authorities handle the situation. Also I say now that I will not partake in the murder of anyone I say if we suspect someone they shall be put in stasis and not thrown out the airlock.

Anyway I will be off to the engine bay thank you anyone willing to follow orders is welcome to join me. Any of you "scientests" who have only books to tell you what to do and no actual practical experiance can go do other things anyone handy with a wrench will be far better help to me.

repair engines
    (Diedrich)

Some people's bloodlust, Andrei? So far not one person has called for anyone to die. Are you casting aspersions where they don't belong, to look better in comparison to this strawman you have built? Or is it just projection?

vote: Captain Blackadder
    Method: Sleeping Pod

And I don't appreciate the maligning of my repair skills, either. I am a genius, I will have you know; such things are trivial for me. I even won an award from the Millenium Genius Foundation once -- Diedrich casts a sidelong glance at Jake -- for creating dog-cat hydbrids. I called them "dats". They tended to die young, poor things, the ears and the tails just never quite worked out.

I kept one, as a pet. Called him Rex. He drooled a lot, but not terribly loyal. Worst of both worlds, really, but he made a nice conversation piece for parties.

Repair: Engines

(OOC: Whoops, forgot to vote for the charaacter name. Make that

vote: Andrei Kerensky )

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    "Well, the good news is that we're on course to fixing everything", Eve whispered in her soft tone of voice, "we'll probably be done and dusted with a little bit of time to spare, if it's just three of us working on it".

She hesistated for a moment, but felt that everyone else had a right to know.

"The bad news is that the navigation systems weren't damaged accidentally... they were sabotaged."
    (Diedrich)

The engine was not -- micrometeorite damage. It appears it will take more than just us three to repair it, though. I'd appreciate some extra help that doesn't consist entirely of a guy who brags of his skill with a wrench but couldn't be bothered to lend a hand up to now.

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

Andrei

I am simply saying what needs to be said get it out in the open before anyone does anything foolish by killing someone who could be of assistance.As for you you have biotech knowledge what makes you think you have any knowledge on how to repair Halbech Class 6A starship engines? Hmm what is the internal capacity of the engine? what is its best stress level? How do you you make the Forced induction? I have lived on a starship since I was 19 mate I think I know a little bit more about the engines then you do. Thus I can fix these engines by myself if need be if you were there with your fancy "education" you would act like you know more then I do since I have no piece of paper telling me what I know. Do you know what my previous job was? Chief Engineer on a starship I know this class like the back of my hand. So if you want to help me that is fine I am sure you can carry a wrench just as well as the next person but do not think for a minute I will waste my time in a pissing contest about who knows more because quite frankly we don't have the time for it and it will be an all too easy victory for me and I don't like seeing people made fools of.

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

I spy the evil peoples Senior Member Romanic's Avatar

Jake Harris

Jake listened to Andrei and whistled in approval. This man surely knew something about engines.

"Chief Engineer, very impressive brother. The Universe has its ways to provide a solution when a problem arises."

Jake turned around to address everyone.

"Listen everyone, Andrei here would be a great addition to the engine team, let's not be hasty to put such a knowledgeable man into a sleeping pod. Besides, I am not sure Diedrich is the right man for this job. I've seen him work earlier and I was not impressed. Jin was the only competent man in our team."

"For this reason, and because we now have a chief Engineer on the job, I will have a look at Med Bay during the next hour, to see if this job is more appropriate for me."

Repair: Med Bay.

This from the guy who says he doesn't know one end of a wrench from the other. We need more people on the engines, not fewer.

Andrei

I am simply saying what needs to be said get it out in the open before anyone does anything foolish by killing someone who could be of assistance.
    No, you aren't simply putting things out in the open. You spoke specifically of "some people's bloodlust", as if people were baying for death, when it wasn't the case. You deliberately created an impression that was not true, and now you deny that you did it. You are being disingenuous, Kerensky. That speaks of hidden motives. What are yours?

As for you you have biotech knowledge what makes you think you have any knowledge on how to repair Halbech Class 6A starship engines? Hmm what is the internal capacity of the engine? what is its best stress level? How do you you make the Forced induction? I have lived on a starship since I was 19 mate I think I know a little bit more about the engines then you do. Thus I can fix these engines by myself if need be if you were there with your fancy "education" you would act like you know more then I do since I have no piece of paper telling me what I know. Do you know what my previous job was? Chief Engineer on a starship I know this class like the back of my hand. So if you want to help me that is fine I am sure you can carry a wrench just as well as the next person but do not think for a minute I will waste my time in a pissing contest about who knows more because quite frankly we don't have the time for it and it will be an all too easy victory for me and I don't like seeing people made fools of.
    So why did you lose your previous job?

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

Andrei

I think you are reading too much into a simple comment and when did I speak of someones bloodlust good sir? It appears all this is in your mind and no where else. I have simply said from the get go I will not partake in the murder of anyone on this ship and that anyone who suggests using guns or the airlock is suspect. As for my job I never lost it I retired, with some irony before it killed me. I am an old man I have enough money so I decided to quit and go visit my kids before heading off on the next great adventure.

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

Jake Harris

"Perhaps we should put Reilly into a sleeping pod? He's waving his pulser gun around like he intends to use it."

Lynch: Reilly Banks
    Method: Sleeping pod.

Andrei

I think you are reading too much into a simple comment and when did I speak of someones bloodlust good sir?
    (OOC: In the italics, ya sneak, don't hide behind that.:
    Andrei looks around at everyone suprised at some peoples bloodlust.
    )

It appears all this is in your mind and no where else. I have simply said from the get go I will not partake in the murder of anyone on this ship and that anyone who suggests using guns or the airlock is suspect. As for my job I never lost it I retired, with some irony before it killed me. I am an old man I have enough money so I decided to quit and go visit my kids before heading off on the next great adventure.
    (OOC again, since it's in the freakin' italics and how do you respond to that? I'll have to pretend it's not:)

The point is, you come sashaying in to SAVE THE ENGINES! after doing nothing the first hour, and literally the first thing you say is a disingenous insinuation that "some people" might want their fellow passengers dead. Yet on closer examination there is no such "some people". Your comment was just for show; it had nothing to do with what was happening on the ship and everything to do with looking like you're properly suspicious of the rest of us. That's suggestive of a false front, Andrei, very much so.

Amy Glenn looks a little disoriented. "Sorry, I'm still getting my bearings after waking up. I'll contribute more once I've regained my sense of self.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Just to make this official. autolycus is replacing Methos. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

(Hee. Thanks, Autolycus.)

Having listened with horror as he described his bizarre and unnatural experiments, Susann Becker stares at Diedrich White with open contempt.

Playing god, eh? That figures. You men and your desire to control everything. It makes me sick...

Oh, and Reilly? While I'm glad to see you appreciate the superior skills we women bring to any endeavour, don't you be getting any ideas while we're down in the nav deck. You might think it impresses us ladies when you wave that pulse gun about the place, but, in my experience, men who rely on phallic symbols are just trying to compensate for something lacking elsewhere...

Repair: Navigation
    Last edited by Winston Hughes; 06-10-2010 at 20:23. Reason: redundancy

Reilly Banks shoots Jake Harris a quizzical look.

"Not one to like authorities, eh? Go figure. But don't worry, I'll be respectful to your Universe, I doubt she's the one trying to have us all killed. But while I don't know who is, I sure ain't going to put this pulse gun down. Don't worry though, I won't use it for anything but defense. You'd easily know if I used it to hurt anyone."

Heading back towards the navigation room, he mutters under his breath:

"You, Susann Becker, have absolutely nothing to worry about. I prefer women, thank you very much. Like that Eve girl..."

Repair: Navigation

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Space Jenga! That sounds like fun.

*Edward pulls out one of the foundational supports, and places it precariously on the top of the stack*

Careful, I'm good at this game...
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

"Day 2" has ended.

With another inconclusive fifteen minute of discussion, most of the survivors went back to continue the repairs.

Tally:

No Lynch: 2 (Jake Harris*, Zareen Sung)
    Amy Glenn: 1 (Reilly Banks)
    Andrei Kerensky: 1 (Diedrich White)

*Didn't Unvote.

Sleeping Pod: 3 (Reilly Banks, Diedrich White, Jake Harris)

Repair Engines: (Andrei Kerensky, Diedrich White)
    Repair Navigation: (Eve Saint-Claire, Susann Becker, Reilly Banks)
    Repair Medbay: (Zareen Sung, Jake Harris)

"Night 2" has now begun and will end Friday June 11th 17:00 EST (5 PM)

Amy Glenn Sorry about missing the declaration of helping out period again. I don't know much about any of this stuff, but I'm a willing worker, if told what to do.
    Last edited by autolycus; 06-10-2010 at 23:51.

((sorry I missed day 2 all, comcast hates me this week))

Alejo is taking a break from his work, leaning against the wall and glaring at the med-bay, watching Jake and Zareen suspiciously.

(Diedrich)

Manual labor stinks!

(Real life bleeds over into roleplay, argh. I hate putting up a ceiling.)

"Night 2" ends

A scream of pain echoed throughout the hull of the ship, followed by hurried footsteps. They found Jake Harris in a pool of his blood with a stab wound to the chest and a slit throat. There was no doubt he had been murdered. Grimly, his body was carried into an empty sleeping pod and sealed. All eleven remaining survivors assembled in the main hold; there was much to discuss.

Alive: (11/12)
    Alejo de Lula (jillyfae)
    Amy Glenn (Methos, Replaced by autolycus)
    Andrei Kerensky (Captain Blackadder)
    Christy Hart (Spl1tp3r50naL1ty)
    Diedrich White (Renata)
    Edward (Askthepizzaguy)
    Eve Saint-Claire (Secura)
    Jin Sung (Psychonaut)
    Reilly Banks (Niklas)
    Susann Becker (Winston Hughes)
    Zareen Sung (Beefy187)

In Sleeping Pod: (0/12)

Dead: (1/12)

Jake Harris (Romanic) - Murder!

"Day 3" begins! It will end Saturday June 12th at 17:00 EST (5 PM)

Aaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!!! *dies*

That mister Sung seems way too interested in the stars. I don't think that's normal. He gives me the creeps.

It's a pity most of the systems are down. Have you seen the navigational holograph? It's fantastic, I've wasted countless hours just studying the star-maps. Ah.. they're so inspiring.

His voice trailed off, with a wistful look in his eyes.
    I think maybe... maybe he wants to fly the ship into a star.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

[Amy Glenn looks finally awake. After two hours, she's finally ready to get down to business.
    "I think the boy's right, we need to try putting various of us in the sleeping pods. Saving the ship won't do us any good if we're all killed inside it. Sung seems as good as anyone to try putting to sleep first, he doesn't seem to be particularly proficient with repairs. I think more scrutiny should also be given to Kerensky. People started dying after he spoke up, although the same is true of me. Meanwhile, I'll take Jake's place repairing Medbay."
    Vote: Sung
    Method: Sleeping Pod
    Repair: Medbay

The boy pipes up again, an endless fountain of answers to questions no one asked.

I think that it's entirely possible that the bad man could be good at fixing things... it's a great way to pretend to be nice.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Amy Glenn turns back to the boy.
    "I agree that it is entirely possible that the saboteur and murderer, whether they are the same person or different people, may be proficient with repairs. However, anyone who isn't good at repairs is less of a loss to us while they're in the sleeping pod.

autolycus, seeing as there are two "Sung" Zareen and Jin, can you please specify which one you are voting for in your vote? Thanks!

vote: Kerensky
    method: sleeping pod

I still think he's fishy.

repair: engines

Not done yet.

Certainly, Mr. Narrator Man, I meant to say vote: Jin Sung

OOC: Just wanted to note, if we had someone in the sleeping pod yesterday, they would have been essentially cleared of the murder today.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast