Thread: Napoleon WWI Mod

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Default Napoleon WWI Mod

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I though it might be interesting. I haven't bought Napoleon yet, but plan to soon so bear with me. I watch a youtube video where this guy is using a WWI mod for Napoleon (it's in the early stages and I didn't know Napoleon was moddable as such), it looks interesting and fun and perhaps WWI will be the next TW. Though it does seem to lack tactic and arty is quite powerful. Anyone seen this or have opinions?

https://www.youtube.com/user/twbattl.../3/g3RJe6LzrWo

Hopefully I put the link in correctlly!
    Silence is beautiful

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Default Re: Napoleon WWI Mod

I've toyed around with the idea but I don't think the NTW AI is all that capable of doing trench warfare. You could do something with the fences or something...
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

You definately need some form of cover. I thought that with the range and accuracy of the artillary, most infantry and calvary would be widdled away before even reaching the enemy lines. Tactic seemed lacking, for they generally just stood idly by firing at one another. THough I loved the rate of fire and high casualty count. Calvary's only use seemed to be taking out arillary. I didn't notice much flanking in the videos. I hope it stays away from trench warfare, you know, keep it ahistorical in that sense. A nice implimentation in the future could perhaps be mine fields and MG nests. Perhaps placed during deployment of the defender. I dind't think that WWI would tweak my interest, but those videos were kind of compelling.

edit: I thought of this just now in regards to defenders deploying mine fileds and MG nests...perhaps the modders could develop a scout like unit that could survey the field during the battle to note the before mentioned. They would be made vulnerable such that infantry or calvary would deal with them rather effortlessly. Sort of in the vein of those units that could hide in open terrain in earlier TW versions. It might add in tactic as you move the rest of your army toward the enemy lines. Perhaps even these scout units could unrealisticly deal with mine fields or tamper with MG nests if gone unseen. Perhaps this is dumb, but it just came to mind presently.
    Last edited by A Nerd; 04-26-2010 at 00:52.
    Silence is beautiful

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

awesome. where can u get the mod? too bad it seems a bit laggy.
    Last edited by The Stranger; 04-26-2010 at 14:36.

We do not sow.

I thought I saw a link to TWCenter on the youtube page for TWBattles. I'm not sure though.
    Silence is beautiful

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

yes i already found it... though im not playing it untill its updated with new skins and stuff. i tried one battle and it was a bit unfair. AI couldnt handle the rate of fire etc. i mean that airrifled hungarian unit that can hide everywhere. i forgot its name but that single unit singlehandedly ripped 6000 men apart. so im waiting for such units to be removed, new starting positions etc!

We do not sow.