Thread: Daggers in the Night - summary and information thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Default Daggers in the Night - summary and information thread.

Prologue

Sahara desert, 1100 AD.

Hunger...

The need to feed was all he could think of.

Reduced to a caged animal. Again and again he tried to open the sealed coffin. The marks were glowing, as the caged being tried to free itself. Rage, hate and... hunger. The need to feed. Unbearable.

Alim and Nikolaos looked at each other.

Alim's face expressed fear. "We should have killed him, Nikolaos. We're making a terrible mistake. He's too strong."

Nikolaos didn't say a word. With a grim expression, he kept working on the last magical seal.

A blue glowing light and a soft, tinkling sound, indicated that the last seal was in place. The marks on the coffin stopped glowing. The roaring sounds stopped. It was... silent.

"There's only one punishment for what he did: eternal suffering. Those are our laws, Alim. We are the elder. This is what we need to do."

"I disagree, Nikolaos."

Nikolaos shrugged. "We still need to seal the cave entrance." Without waiting for Alims' answer, Nikolaos turned around and went outside.

Alim followed and together they placed the seven seals; obfuscating the cave entrance, making it disappear and invisible for the human eye.

"As long as he's alive, it'll never be over," Alim said, after the work was done.

"The seals have never been opened. We're using this procedure for over 5000 years now, nobody has ever managed to break the seals, not on purpose, not on accident. He'll suffer for eternity, as he deserves."

Alim stared at the sky. "We need to hurry, it'll be dawn soon."

They mounted their horses and disappeared at the horizon.

Granada - Albaicin - 1491 AD

Alim was making preparations for his departure.

The combined forces of Aragon and Castille would arrive at Granada very soon.

He sighed and looked around. Another milestone in the history of men.

Many centuries ago, he had stopped caring about humans and their empires. Nonetheless, he felt sad about the nearing end of the last moorish bastion in his beloved Al-Andalus.

He gathered his belongings. Before leaving the patio of what had been his home for two centuries, he looked at Elvyra's body for the last time. She had served him well.

He grabbed his cloak and went outside. He had a long journey ahead of him and he wasn't exactly looking forward to it. Accepting his fate, he shrugged.

As he was walking down the alley, he heard a strange, soft noise. Instinctively, he ducked. The silver dagger planted itself in the wooden doorpost right behind where his head was half a second ago. Without paying attention to the trembling weapon, Alim jumped forward and started to run.

Tonight, he was not the hunter, but the prey. He should have known better. Running through the narrow streets of Albaicin, he feverishly started to think about a place to hide. An arrow barely missed him and he kept running. Wondering how they did find him, wouldn't help. It was too late. He had to disappear. And quickly. His senses told him that the Alhambra was behind him, so he had to go left, then right, then straight ahead and then he had to climb up the little house with the grey...

When he entered the alley, he realised his mistake. There would be no where to run. Disappearing was no longer an option.

He turned around and saw three dark figures coming near. They were breathing heavily, much to Alims' relief. Maybe, he, who hadn't breathed for ages, would still have a chance.

He jumped two meters in the air, avoiding the silver dagger thrown at him. Even before he came down, two metallic objects floated through the air. One of the dark figures fell down, the throwing knife in his throat ending his life. Another one fell on his knees.

"You won't bother me anymore, dagger," Alim said, grinning, "that knife is poisoned."

The vampire turned his gaze at the last figure.

"Now it's just you and me."

His opponent kept silent as he unsheeted his silver blade.

With his arms crossed, Alim calmly waited.

The last remaining dagger froze. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't move.

"I already fed tonight," Alim said, unsheeting his 300 year old, razor sharp scimitar.

The dagger kept staring at him as Alim came closer, moving in for the kill.

Alim struck, but his blade didn't meet flesh and bones. In the momentum of his movement, he fell on the ground.

The dagger stood behind him.

"Your magic won't work on me, Alim."

Alim turned around and looked up, his face expressing agony.

"This cannot be..."

"Apparently, you're wrong," the undead said, smiling.

Lifting up his sword, he said to Alim: "I won't make the same mistake as you."

Granada, September 2010

Sacromonte, September 14th, 2010

He was late. Looking at his watch, he kept walking, almost running. A few tourists on the road gave him a strange look. Who in his sane mind would be running up these steep streets, wearing a dark cloack and a black hat in this climate? Who was this guy? Sandeman?

The man in the weird outfit didn't care about the odd looks. He was in a hurry. Entering a narrow, steep alley, he looked around him, to see if there was noone in the vicinity. Assured that nobody had followed him, he quickly disappeared.

The cave was not very big, but there was enough room for the 35 or so dark figures, all dressed similar.

One of them looked up.

"You're late."

"Thanks for the newsflash."

The man sat down and waited. Surely, this was something big. All known daggers were gathered into this room. This was only the third time in the existence of their brotherhood of vampire hunters that a meeting this size had been called. The last time, their brotherhood had been destroyed if it wouldn't have been for a very unusual alliance with two of their preys, during the time of the Crusades.

One of those preys had been killed in this very same city, many centuries ago. None of the daggers who had caught Alim had survived the hunt, but that price had been well worth it.

A soft tinkling sound confirmed that the door had been sealed.

One of their brothers stood up.

"It's awake. And it's here, among us."

The daggers stared at their brother in shock. They all knew what this meant. The ancient evil that had been buried in 1100 had escaped its' prison. To make things worse, it had managed to infiltrate their brotherhood.

"But Nikolaos assured us that this was impossible," a sister managed to murmure.

"We made a mistake by trusting that creature."

Thanks to their excellent training, most daggers calmed down quickly. They all knew what needed to be done first now.

Welcome to my latest mafia game...

~~ Daggers in the Night ~~,

a game about vampires and vampire hunters set in present day Granada (Spain). In this game, you'll be part of a dramatic episode in the eternal struggle between the Silver Daggers (a brotherhood of vampire hunters, rumoured to be on the origin of the well known hashashins) and the cursed ones, nowadays known as vampires.

Rules:

I. Basic mafia rules

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    There are two sides in this game, each with their own goal.

Basic mafia rules apply. For those new to mafia, I'll repeat them here, for your convenience:

The daggers are the "townies" in this game.

The "townies" are the innocent people and they have to lynch the mafiosi (in this game: the Ancient Vampire and his slaves) during the day. The mafiosi have to kill a set number of townies each night. When all mafiosi are lynched, the town wins. When all townies are dead, the mafia wins.

Each day or night phase will last approximately 24 hours. This may be extended or shortened due to real life circumstances of the host (that's me).

The townies have to decide during the day by voting who will get lynched. The person with the most votes, will be lynched.

Votes have to be made like this:

Vote : Andres

When you want to switch your vote, you have to do it like this:

Unvote : Andres ; Vote : TosaInu

Please remember to BOLD YOUR VOTES! UNBOLDED VOTES WILL NOT BE COUNTED! No exceptions will be made. Also, REMEMBER TO UNVOTE BEFORE SWITCHING YOUR VOTE; if you forget to unvote, your vote switch will be ignored.

Notes:

* In this game, voting "No Lynch" will be counted as an abstain vote.
    * When a tie is reached at the end of the day, the naib (more on this role later) will decide to either a) lynch nobody; b) lynch one of those in the tie.
    * regardless of your role, you are supposed to be active in the thread. Severe inactivity (no strict rule, but you can take not posting during 3 or 4 days as a basic rule) will be dealt with by WoG ("Wrath of God") which basically means that you'll be written out of the game by the host.
    * breaking of any rule will also be dealt with by WoG and a handicap for your team.

II. Roles

Naib

The game will start with a day phase in which you cannot vote to lynch. During this first day, however, you'll have to elect the Naib.

The Naib will be your chosen leader. As long as he remains Naib, he'll have the following powers:

a) The Naib will direct the lynching effort. He will pm me how the lynch will happen (only requirement is that it needs to fit into the theme of the game (so no sharks with frickin' lasers), apart from that, anything goes) and he will also carry out the lynch (or order some other players to do the actual execution). In the event of a tie vote, the Naib will have to be pm me a) wich one (and only one) of the players tied for the most votes will be executed OR, if that is his choice, b) that nobody will be executed.
    b) The Naib cannot be lynched.
    c) The Naib cannot be night killed .
    d) Each night, the Naib has to pm me the name of one player and his/her orders for the night. The Naib will inject this player with a secret serum and he/she will carry out one of the following orders given by the Naib: a) protect one player; b) kill one player. The kill order can only be given twice during the entire game. Note: if Naib 1 gives two kill orders and is replaced later on in the game, then the new Naib will no longer be able to give a kill order. The player injected with the serum will not know that he has been chosen. However, the injection will not prevent him from doing other night actions (e.g. if one of the slaves of the Ancient (see further about these roles) gets injected, then this will not prevent him from carrying out his other night action first). The Naib is not allowed to reveal the information about his night orders in private. Revealing this information has to be done in public.
    e) The Naib will keep his function for the next 3 lynchings after his election. At the end of his mandate, new Naib elections will be held. So, Naib 1, elected day 1, will direct lynchings on day 2, 3 and 4; on day 4 there's a new election; Naib 2 (can be the same player as Naib 1) is elected on day 4, will direct lynchings on day 5, 6 and 7. As for his night abilities: Naib 1 elected at day 1, will give night orders for N1, 2, 3; Naib 2 elected at day 4, will give night orders N4, 5, 6 (so he starts giving night orders the night immediately after his election).
    f) The Naib cannot vote.
    g) The Naib is elected in the thread by an election. This has to happen into the following format:

Elect : Andres.

If you change your mind, you have to unelect first and then elect another player:

Unelect: Andres; Elect: TosaInu

These votes have also to be bolded. Unbolded will not count. If you forget to unelect, you're new election will not count.

The Ancient Vampire

Rumoured to be the first one receiving the curse in 4000 BC and to be imprisoned in the Sahara desert by Nikolaos and Alim, two of the so called Elder, at 1100 AD.

Before his imprisonement, The Ancient was the leader of all Vampires. After his removal of power, Alim and Nikolaos ruled the vampire society, until the dead of Alim, after which an era of Chaos started, which lasted until today. It is rumoured that "the Ancient" has taken control over the society of the cursed ones.

"The Ancient" is the equivalent of the "Godfather" (see: The Godfather I, II and III; a nod to Silver Rusher and GeneralHankerchief ).

At the start of the game, instead of selecting the mafia at random, I will select the Ancient Vampire (who is nameless to you, but he'll receive a nice role pm and his secret name), whose job is to PM me with the names of two other players. They will become his slaves. As long as his slaves are alive, the Ancient will not kill.

Each slave will be capable of killing one townie. When both slaves are dead (and only then), the "Ancient" will be able to kill one townie a night.

Once the slaves have been selected, day 1 with the election of the Naib will start.

The "Ancient" may or may not have other night actions or secret powers.

(one and only one) Secret Role

It's secret...

III. Specific rules.

* The dead are allowed to talk in public and in private.
    * The Naib is not allowed to do a post mortem reveal of night actions.
    * The most important rule of all:

Have Fun!

IV. Special announcement.

My "career" as a mafia player started somewhere at the beginning of 2007, with Capo I, a game I joined somewhere midgame due to special circumstances

Ever since, the Gameroom has been my most favourite part of the .Org and I have many good memories about this place. Most people I would call friends here at the .Org, I got to know in this Gameroom.

Very much to my surprise, I was asked to moderate the Gameroom in August 2007. I accepted the request. It was an honour and a priviledge to moderate this place, but above all, it was a pleasure and a very fun experience.

Now, before y'all start thinking that I'm getting old and senile with all this rambling about the past, there is something I want to make public here at the .Org and allthough the Frontroom is the most appropriate place to do this, he Gameroom has always had a special place in my heart, so I'm doing it here.

Daggers in the Night will probably be the last large mafia game I'll host at the .Org for a (very) long while.

There's no need to worry, as the reason for this is a wonderful one. If all goes well (and keep your fingers crossed for me), I'll become a father at the end of September or the first days of Oktober. This will be the start of a wonderful and exciting new life, but also a period with not much .Org time for me and certainly not enough time to host a large mafia game. I'll still be around and posting, but my activity will inevitably drop.

Consider "Daggers in the Night" my tribute to the Gameroom and my goodbye (note: not farewell) to one of the finest and greatest places of the entire internet!

Signed up (40/40)
    1. Askthepizzaguy
    2. TheFlax
    3. Niklas
    4. Renata
    5. Sasaki Kojiro
    6. Beskar
    7. Diana Abnoba
    8. Double A
    9. TinCow
    10. atheotes
    11. The Stranger
    12. GH
    13. Methos
    14. Ibn-Khaldun
    15. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    16. Romanic
    17. Captain Blackadder
    18. Csargo
    19. Jolt
    20. Psychonaut
    21. Greyblades
    22. YLC
    23. Peasant Phill
    24. Yaropolk
    25. Seon
    26. autolycus
    27. Chaotix
    28. Joooray
    29. AVSM
    30. slashandburn
    31. Kukrikhan
    32. White_Eyes:D
    33. Beefy187
    34. Secura
    35. Kagemusha
    36. Centurion1
    37. pevergreen
    38. 'khaan
    39. johnhughthom
    40. Scienter

Reserve/replacements:
    Death is yonder
    Choxorn
    civplayah
    Thermal Mercury
    ACIN
    DiamondEyes
    Last edited by Andres; 05-17-2010 at 20:51.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Default Re: Daggers in the Night - summary and information thread.

Sacromonte - Day 1

Early in the morning...

The daggers were gathered.

A centuries old bowl had been put forward and each dagger had a parchment and a pencil.

There were no ranks and no hierarchy today. There would only be discussion and at the end of the day, they would chose their leader.

Candles were lit and they started the centuries old rituals.

And... kick off! Game has now started!

Role pm's have been sent and a pm to announce the start of the game has been sent to all players.

It is now day 1. During day 1, you will elect the first Naib of the game.

Players:

1. Askthepizzaguy
    2. TheFlax
    3. Niklas
    4. Renata
    5. Sasaki Kojiro
    6. Beskar
    7. Diana Abnoba
    8. Double A
    9. TinCow
    10. atheotes
    11. The Stranger
    12. GH
    13. Methos
    14. Ibn-Khaldun
    15. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    16. Romanic
    17. Captain Blackadder
    18. Csargo
    19. Jolt
    20. Psychonaut
    21. Greyblades
    22. YLC
    23. Peasant Phill
    24. Yaropolk
    25. Seon
    26. autolycus
    27. Chaotix
    28. Joooray
    29. AVSM
    30. slashandburn
    31. Kukrikhan
    33. Beefy187
    34. Secura
    35. Kagemusha
    36. Centurion1
    37. pevergreen
    38. 'khaan
    39. johnhughthom
    40. Scienter

Day 1 will last for +/- 24 hours. Good luck and have fun
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Sacromonte - Day 1 - Conclusion

Late in the evening...

After the sounds of the heavy bickering finally stopped, the votes were counted. The name of the new Naib was announced: it was Secura. Many daggers, mostly female, nodded in agreement. Others, cursed and muttered something about the end of times and women in important positions. Another one kept rambling about strange eras and chaos, but nobody really paid attention to him.

The new Naib was the first to leave the cave. She took a deep breath of fresh air. Much needed, if you've been in a cave with smelly cavemen for too long.

For a moment, the elegant Naib allowed herself to forget the new responsibilities on her shoulders while she enjoyed the view of the Alhambra. She sighed. She was in need of a shower. And a haircut. And some new clothes to go by her new position.

Finally, after centuries of male incompetence, a woman would lead the daggers. She smiled and looked at the men and women standing behind her. She was confident that finally, the daggers would prevail.

"We've done enough for today, my dear friends. I suggest we all go to sleep now so that we can start to hunt the vampire who is among us."

The daggers bowed for their newly elected Naib and walked away, to the vibrant city of Granada.

Secura has been selected as your first Naib.

Tally:

Secura: 13 (Scienter, johnhughthom, Kagemusha, Secura, Kukrikhan, Seon, Romanic, Ibn-Khaldun, Methos, atheotes, Diana Abnoba, Renata, Niklas)

Beefy187: 5 (Beefy, AVSM, Captain Blackadder, Double A, TheFlax)
    Sasaki Kojiro: 4 (White_Eyes:D, Chaotix, TinCow, Sasaki)
    The Stranger: 3 (TS, GH, Peasant Phill)
    ATPG: 1 (ATPG)
    GH: 1 (Beskar)
    split: 1 (split)
    Romanic: 1 (pever)
    Greyblades: 1 (Greyblades)
    Kukri: 1 (Psychonaut)

abstain: 1 (YLC)
    not electing: 8 ('khaan, Centurion, slashandburn, Joooray, autolycus, Yaropolk, Jolt, Csargo)

It's now night. PM's please. Night will last for +/- 24 hours.

Alive

1. Askthepizzaguy
    2. TheFlax
    3. Niklas
    4. Renata
    5. Sasaki Kojiro
    6. Beskar
    7. Diana Abnoba
    8. Double A
    9. TinCow
    10. atheotes
    11. The Stranger
    12. GH
    13. Methos
    14. Ibn-Khaldun
    15. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    16. Romanic
    17. Captain Blackadder
    18. Csargo
    19. Jolt
    20. Psychonaut
    21. Greyblades
    22. YLC
    23. Peasant Phill
    24. Yaropolk
    25. Seon
    26. autolycus
    27. Chaotix
    28. Joooray
    29. AVSM
    30. slashandburn
    31. Kukrikhan
    33. Beefy187
    34. Secura
    35. Kagemusha
    36. Centurion1
    37. pevergreen
    38. 'khaan
    39. johnhughthom
    40. Scienter

Killed

Lynched

WoG

Ja mata, TosaInu

Night 1

autolycus didn’t know why he was here and what he was supposed to do. He, the most unlikely vampire hunter of all times. A man who, at the age of 30, still very much prefered playing silly games over the serious work of hunting vampires. And they expected him to catch the mightiest vampire?

Playful, youthful, singing and dancing through live, autolycus felt more like a happy child than a serious vampire hunter. He was pretty sure nobody would miss him.

Walking through the narrow streets of Granada, looking at the magnificent Alhambra in the moonlight, he shrugged. There were much better things in live than hunting vampires.

He had his resignation letter well prepared:

“ Dear Naib,
    “ I don’t want to hunt vampires. I want to play games! I’m sure you don’t need me to save the world. Besides, I
    " very much prefer games in which you have to conquer the world!
    “ I think my time is much better spent playing games, so it's probably best for me to just leave.
    “ Good luck to you and have fun finding vampires!
    " Yours truly,
    “ autolycus, retired vampire hunter.

He nodded to himself. That should do. A nice, short letter. He kept walking through the city, looking for a mailbox to post his official resignation letter.

Unfortunately for him, he never got to post his beautiful and well thought out letter. From out of nowhere, a poisoned silver dagger floated through the air and burried itself deeply in the flesh of his neck.

A shady figure kneeled next to the body and took back the dagger.

“I’m so sorry, but I had no choice.”

The shady figure left the scene.

Yaropolk was ready for this.

He was a true vampire hunter and a child of his time. Silver daggers were all nice and dandy, but why limit yourself to archaic weaponry, when there were machine guns and rocket launchers!

Carrying silver bullets and silver rockets was no problem for this muscled man, made out of steel. Working out was his life! He was born to kill vampires! He was ready for this battle and he was sure to enter history as the man who saved the world! The Rambo and Chuck Norris of all vampire hunters! And above all: tough and masculin!

Those ancient vampire wusses with their inferior skills were no match for this “Nouveau Chasseur de Vampires”. Yes, French. Being a child of your time doesn’t mean you can’t have style or class.

But no silver rockets tonight. No need to carry a large arsenal here, in Sacromonte at night. Two magnum .357 guns with silver bullets, five silver daggers and his superior martial arts skills would be more than enough. Yaropolk was going to the discoteca, but first he would dance the Zambra at one of the many famous caves.

During his first days here in Granada, he had noticed many good looking women. An excellent place to show his well trained body and his superior dancing skills!

Still walking down the streets of Sacromonte, he didn't notice the cloaked person following him.

When he entered a very narrow street, the cloaked figure jumped forwards and hit Yaropolk on the head with a wooden club.

"Aw! That hurts!"

The cloaked man ignored the complaints and hit Yaro a second time, in the stomache.

"This is not fair! You attacked me from behind! And you're hurting me!", Yaro said, his upset and not very masculin high voice trembling with fear.

For a brief moment, the cloaked figure looked down at his victim and then hit him plain in the face with an iron fist.

Yaropolk started to cry. "Boohoohoo! This hurts. I no longer want to be a vampire hunter! Boohoohooo!"

His attacker started shaking his head for a brief moment. Then he unsheethed a silver blade to seperate Yaropolks' head from his body.

The cloaked figure hastily disappeared into the darkness.

Day 2 - Generalife

The Silver Daggers arrived in the Generalife. Most of them fresh and eager to start a new day. Others were exhausted, namely those residing in the same hotel as the weird Dutch brother who had been talking and yelling for the entire night. While they were all waiting for the Naib to start the proceedings, some already knew who they wanted to lynch...

Naib Secura looked around and saw everybody was present.

"The situation is worse than we thought, brothers and sisters. Two of our members have been found dead in the streets of Granada. To prove their ruthlesness, our adversaries have even killed a brother who was about to retire from his duties."

Secura paused and then continued.

"It is now clear beyond doubt that we have been infiltrated."

She sighed and sat down.

The Brotherhood started to talk...

Alive (38)

1. Askthepizzaguy
    2. TheFlax
    3. Niklas
    4. Renata
    5. Sasaki Kojiro
    6. Beskar
    7. Diana Abnoba
    8. Double A
    9. TinCow
    10. atheotes
    11. The Stranger
    12. GH
    13. Methos
    14. Ibn-Khaldun
    15. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    16. Romanic
    17. Captain Blackadder
    18. Csargo
    19. Jolt
    20. Psychonaut
    21. Greyblades
    22. YLC
    23. Peasant Phill
    24. Seon
    25. Chaotix
    26. Joooray
    27. AVSM
    28. slashandburn
    29. Kukrikhan
    30. White_Eyes:D
    31. Beefy187
    32. Secura
    33. Kagemusha
    34. Centurion1
    35. pevergreen
    36. 'khaan
    37. johnhughthom
    38. Scienter

Killed (2)

autolycus
    Yaropolk

Lynched (0)

WoG (0)

It's now Day 2. You can start voting; day will last +/- 24 hours.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Day 2 - Conclusion

The day started with fierce debates. Some were more talkative than others... Some were deemed too talkative. Others refused to talk because some were too talkative.

Most just listened to the stand-up comedy radio broadcasts.

The day was nearing its' end when the votes were counted.

A quiet man, sitting in a dark corner lifted his head up in amazement when his name was mentioned. He looked a bit confused.

The Naib looked at him and said softly and gentle: "Csargo. Can you come forward, please? You know this has to be done."

In complete silence, Csargo stood up, his facial expression emotionless. He bowed for his Naib and waited patiently for what was going to happen.

Several minutes passed and nothing happened. Some daggers started to cough. The Naib seemed to wait. When more people started to cough, the Naib just turned around and started to read the interesting magazine "Good Housekeeping".

The daggers were very curious to see what their Naib had in mind for the lynch. Surely, this was going to be something special, the inspiration coming from "Good Housekeeping" and all...

Secura looked up from the magazine and switched on the television to watch a cooking program and "Extreme Make-over".

A few daggers grew impatiently. Others were wondering what this was all about? Would she housekeep the lynchee? Or would she cook him after an extreme make over? The suspense was becoming unbearable.

"Are you going to kill him through pure boredom?" one asked jokingly, but most were eagerly looking forward to the spectacle.

The Naib stayed calm, switched off the tele and started to read "Womens' Weekly", followed by "Cosmopolitan", "Vogue" and "InStyle". Sipping at her coffee, she looked at other interesting magazines...

"Hey! Are you still going to execute me or what?" Csargo said, so outraged at the lack of attention that he finally decided to speak.

Secura started to blush and stared at her feet.

"Well... Ehm, I'm sorry to say so, but I didn't prepare..."

"See! That's what you get when you put a woman in power! Cooking programs and fashion magazines, but doing some actual work, oh no! Bah!"

"Watch your tongue, you misogynist pathetic excuse for a caveman," a female dagger yelled.

"Ehm, Csargo, is it ok if I would just slice your throat?"

"I was hoping for something more exciting, but yeah, whatever," Csargo answered, hardly managing to hide his disappointment.

Secura stood up, drew here dagger and pierced it through Csargo's throat, killing him mercifully within seconds.

A man coughed. "Ehm, Naib, shouldn't you put a wooden stake through his heart or decapicate him or something like that, since, well, you know, we are looking for a vampire."

Secura blushed again.

"Oh yes, silly me. Quick before he stands up again!"

She took a wooden stake and a hammer and finished the job, be it a bit clumsy. The daggers sitting in front, didn't appreciate being covered in blood.

Embarrased, she looked at the daggers. "I'm so sorry, I'm still new at this. I promise I'll do better tomorrow." She paused. "Assuming he wasn't our vampire, of course." She giggled softly and left the cave rather quickly.

The gathered daggers felt a bit uncomfortable. One by one, they left the cave.

Tally:

Csargo: 9 (Scienter, 'khaan, Methos, GH, TS, Sasaki, Chaotix, Renata, ATPG)

The Stranger: 5 (pevergreen, YLC, TinCow, Diana Abnoba, Niklas)
    Askthepizzaguy: 2 (Greyblades, Ibn-Khaldun)
    Niklas: 2 (Beefy187, Beskar)
    Chaotix: 2 (Peasant Phill, Captain Blackadder)
    Centurion1: 2 (Romanic, atheotes)
    Sasaki Kojiro: 1 (Double A)
    Double A: 1 (Centurion1)
    splitpersonality: 1 (Kukrikhan)

abstain: 2 (TheFlax, Jolt)
    Not voting: 11 (johnhughthom, Kagemusha, Secura (Naib), White_Eyes:D, slashandburn, AVSM, Joooray, Seon, Psychonaut, Csargo, splitpersonality)

Alive (37)

1. Askthepizzaguy
    2. TheFlax
    3. Niklas
    4. Renata
    5. Sasaki Kojiro
    6. Beskar
    7. Diana Abnoba
    8. Double A
    9. TinCow
    10. atheotes
    11. The Stranger
    12. GH
    13. Methos
    14. Ibn-Khaldun
    15. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    16. Romanic
    17. Captain Blackadder
    18. Jolt
    19. Psychonaut
    20. Greyblades
    21. YLC
    22. Peasant Phill
    23. Seon
    24. Chaotix
    25. Joooray
    26. AVSM
    27. slashandburn
    28. Kukrikhan
    29. White_Eyes:D
    30. Beefy187
    31. Secura
    32. Kagemusha
    33. Centurion1
    34. pevergreen
    35. 'khaan
    36. johnhughthom
    37. Scienter

Killed (2)

autolycus
    Yaropolk

Lynched (1)
    Csargo

WoG (0)

It's now night. PM's please. Night will last for +/- 24 hours.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Night 2 - Conclusion

Centurion1 was very surprised about what had happened so far. This is not what he expected from what should be the most important event in the history of vampire hunting.

Talks about kinky sex and lesbians? Really?

What did they expect to achieve with that? Did they really expect to catch a vampire by comparing chains and whips and commenting on questionable activities?

He couldn’t believe it. What an utterly absurd situation! The world was in danger to be ruled by the cursed ones and tell the supposed saviours of mankind talked about was... kinky sex?

His angry thoughts kept him awake, so he decided to go out for a walk.

Bearing in mind what happened last night, he didn’t go out unarmed though. He took 6 silver daggers with him. It was a bit odd to walk around with a silver sword on your belt nowadays, so he hid his blade in his long leather jacket. He also wore the ancient chainmail he inherited from one of his illustrous ancestors under his clothes, and a steel hat that looked like a regular hat.

It wouldn’t be an easy task to kill him during his walk.

He left the hotel and decided to go to the Cathedral. Praying wasn't a bad thing to do when confronted with the most powerful of all vampires.

A figure wearing a dark cloak followed him silently as he left his hotel.

While he was hastily walking through a narrow street, the dark figure jumped forward and hit Centurion1 on his steel hat with a wooden club. The blow would have been lethal if it weren’t for the hat. Centurion1’s training immediately took over and he quickly drew his sword and one of his daggers. He turned around and threw the silver dagger in the direction of where the cloaked figure should have been standing.

The dagger didn’t find flesh and bones on its’ way though. Whirling around, Centurion1 kept looking out for his attacker.

In the corner of his left eye, he saw a reflection and he quickly turned that way. In front of him stood a person, wearing a dark cloak.

Centurion1 looked at his enemy.

“You look familiar.”

His enemy didn’t answer. Centurion1 attacked, but his enemy simply moved to the right. Centurion1 clumsily stumbled forward and fell. The dark figure hit him again with the wooden club. And again, and again, and again. The remarkable solid club was everywhere and it was wielded with supernatural power. The chainmail and the helmet didn’t protect him well enough and soon, Centurion1 went unconscious.

The cloaked figure paused for a while, catching his breath. The killer stepped towards the unconsious victim and drew a sword.

With a quick and clean strike, Centurion1’s head was seperated from his body.

It was a rainy night. Contrary to popular believe, southern Spain was not all about sun. Here, in the Sierra Nevada moutains, it could rain very hard.

In a narrow street of Albaicin, Chaotix found shelter against the heavy rain. He cursed.

It wasn't just the rain, but also the lack of manners...

No letter, no e-mail, no documents, not even a simple phone call to explain what he was supposed to do here. Just a dry and short notice, saying “get your over to Granada, now!”

People nowadays had no style, no class. Gone were the days when you got elaborate letters, without spelling or grammatical mistakes, a map, a book with information and gadgets to help you out on your mission.

Nothing, or “nada” as they said here. Bah. He shrugged.

While he was busy cursing and complaining and feeling self-pity, he didn’t notice the dark figure sneaking up on him.

Suddenly, a silver dagger was planted into his belly. The poison on the dagger caused a tremendous pain, but for some reason, there wasn’t enough poison on the knife and Chaotix didn’t die.

The attacker stepped forward and sighed. This one would be less easy than the previous one.

He took a deep breath and then kicked Chaotix on the head with his steel-toe boot. Chaotix moaned and he moaned even harder when the steel-toe boot hit him in the stomach, on the back and in his face, that got reduced to a bloody mess.

The attacker recollected his dagger back and stabbed Chaotix a couple of times in the neck and the chest.

When the victim was finally dead, the attacker stood up, impassive at the bloodbad. He wiped his dagger clean on Chaotix’ shirt and calmly walked away.

Day 3 - Generalife

The daggers gathered in the Generalife again.

Naib Secura waited until everybody was present.

In complete silence, she stepped forward.

"Brothers and sisters, I received sad news early this morning. Last night, two of our members got killed: Chaotix and Centurion1. We have reasons to believe that it is our foe who is behind the killings."

For a brief moment, the shocked brothers and sisters kept silent. Then they started to talk, again.

Alive (35)

1. Askthepizzaguy
    2. TheFlax
    3. Niklas
    4. Renata
    5. Sasaki Kojiro
    6. Beskar
    7. Diana Abnoba
    8. Double A
    9. TinCow
    10. atheotes
    11. The Stranger
    12. GH
    13. Methos
    14. Ibn-Khaldun
    15. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    16. Romanic
    17. Captain Blackadder
    18. Jolt
    19. Psychonaut
    20. Greyblades
    21. YLC
    22. Peasant Phill
    23. Seon
    24. Death is Yonder (replaces Joooray)
    25. AVSM
    26. slashandburn
    27. Kukrikhan
    28. White_Eyes:D
    29. Beefy187
    30. Secura
    31. Kagemusha
    32. pevergreen
    33. 'khaan
    34. johnhughthom
    35. Scienter

Killed (4)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1

Lynched (1)
    Csargo

WoG (0)

It is now day. You can start voting. Deadline for voting is exactly 24 hours starting from the time stamp of this post. Lynch write-up may be a little later.

Annoucement:

Death is yonder will replace Joooray.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Day 3 - Conclusion

The brotherhood discussed and there was some tension.

The crazy Dutchman was still talkative, but people didn’t pay as much attention to it anymore as they seemed to start getting used to it.

Several Daggers were being suspected. There was a man who was a farmer in his free time, herding a remarkable breed of metallic cattle. Some deemed that to be very suspicious. Others carried the name of long forgotten Japanese warlords, but most attention was drawn towards the guy who always provided them with pizza’s at noon.

Surely, he had something to do with it? With his poisoned pizza’s that made people suffer from the rare text diarrhea disease! What a charlatan! And he knew very well that his pizza’s were rubbish, why else would he offer himself to be lynched? Surely, this behaviour must have been caused by feelings of guilt!

Even if it wasn’t him, he deserved to die, the man with the metalic cattle said. Another one, looking pevery green after his second slice of pizza of the day, agreed with the statement.

And so the debates continued.

Finally, the Naib stood up and asked people to be silent.

She looked at her notes.

“It seems like you have chosen Askthepizzaguy.”

“So it seems,” ATPG said, accepting his fate.

Secura walked towards an object, covered under a sheet.

“I saw this in one of those magazines,” she said, reaching for the sheet and with one movement she uncovered a comfortable dark red sofa.

“Please, Pizzaguy, sit down,” she said.

ATPG took place in the sofa. At the very moment he sat down, hand cuffs and a seatbelt automatically came out of the sofa, making a soft buzzing sound. Within 3 seconds, he was tied onto the sofa and couldn’t move.

“We’ll make this as painless as possible, after all, we’re not savages or cavemen, but refined and classy vampire hunters!” Secura said.

Calmly, she opened a little box. She took out a syringe and walked towards ATPG.

“First, we’ll give you a painless injection.”

“But I hate needles!” ATPG yelled and he started to cry. “This got to be the most cruel execution ever! Boohoohoo! Sadist!”

Secura looked a bit surprised.

“I’m truly sorry, but this was listed n° 1 in the timeless top 100 of painless execution methods.”

“Boohoohoo. This will be so painful. Boohoohoo.”

“Oh, don’t be such a wuss,” Secura said, and she stepped forward.

While ATPG kept yelling and screaming, she put the needle in his arm and injected the lethal substance.

Instantly, ATPG went silent.

“Since we’re possibly dealing with a vampire, a wooden stake will have to be put into his heart.The lynchee also needs to be decapacitated. As you can see, ladies and gentlemen, the color of the sofa has been chosen wisely, if I may so myself. The blood will be invisible on this color, so the sofa can be used for other executions as well.”

The ladies and gentlemen nodded in approval. Their membership money wouldn’t be wasted by this Naib!

“Good, I need someone who is good with a blade. Mister Kojiro, are you as good as your name suggests?”

“But of course! I’m even better !”

“Ok then, cut of his head and put a wooden stake into his heart, then.”

With an important expression on his face, Sasaki slowly walked forward, unsheeted his katana and struck.

“My sofa!” Secura yelled.

“Ehm, sorry, I was a bit too enthusiastic.”

Another blow with the katana and there went another part of the sofa to oblivion.

Secura stared at the supposed swordsmaster.

Sasaki got frustrated and started to stab, hit and strike fiercely with his blade, hitting about everything but the lynchee’s neck.

Two hours later, an exhausted Sasaki finally got lucky and Pizza’s head floated through the air.

“You see! I can do it! I’m a real swordsmaster! W00t!” Sasaki started to jump around and making victory dances.

Secura stared impatiently at the wannabe samurai.

“What?”

“The wooden stake, please?”

“Oh yes, of course mylady.”

Sasaki stood up and grabbed a vacuum cleaner. He walked towards ATPG's remnants and yelled: “But, how am I supposed to put a stake through his heart with a vacuum cleaner?”

“I don’t know,” Secura said.

Sasaki started shaking his head, put down the vacuum cleaner and grabbed the stake.

“There’s a hammer,” Secura said.

“REAL SWORDSMEN DON’T NEED NO HAMMER!”

Sasaki stepped towards what was left of Pizza's body and tried to press the stake into his heart with his hands.

“Umph, grmph, ugh,” Sasaki said. Then he continued with: “Grrr! Hmmph! Aargh! Uphm!”

Then he tried to punch the stake into Pizzaguy’s heart with his fists.

“Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!”

“Oh, for Van Helsings’ sake, use a hammer, man!”

A bit ashamed, Sasaki took the hammer, placed the stake so that it pointed at Pizza’s heart and hit ATPG’s shoulder with the hammer.

“Ehm, that was my intention, he was still moving!”

“Really?”

Sasaki ignored the question and hit the shoulder again. After about 30 attempts, he finally hit the stake, but he clumsily let loose and it pierced through ATPG’s stomach.

Sasaki pulled out the stake, but not without falling backwards. He stood back up and looked at the brotherhood.

“This was all for practice, now I’m going to put the stake into the heart for real. Watch very carefully how I, a true master…”

“No, enough of this,” Secura said. She grabbed the hammer and the stake and with one blow, pierced it through ATPG’s heart.

The brotherhood looked at their Naib in silence.

"Very well done, my pupil!" Sasaki said, very seriously. Secura simply stared at him.

“Let’s hope this was our vampire and that we will no longer have to perform executions,” she said, gazing at Sasaki who was still standing there, being proud of his swordsmaster skills and nodding at Secura to approve of her skills, as if he was an expert on the matter.

”I suggest you all try to get some sleep and I strongly advice you not to go out walking at night, as it appears that the streets are not safe for us. Good night all.”

Secura turned around and walked away.

Tally:

Askthepizzaguy: 7 (pevergreen, Jolt, johnhughthom, TinCow, atheotes, The Stranger, Sasaki Kojiro)

Beskar: 3 (YLC, Beefy187, Beskar)
    Niklas: 2 (Renata, Scienter)
    TinCow: 2 (Niklas, ATPG)
    TheFlax: 1 (Death is yonder)
    Double A: 1 (GeneralHankerchief)
    YLC: 1 (Romanic)
    Death is yonder: 1 (Ibn-Khaldun)
    slashandburn: 1 (White_Eyes:D)
    White_Eyes:D: 1 (Kukrikhan)
    Kagemusha: 1 (Peasant Phill)
    pevergreen: 1 (Diana Abnoba)
    Scienter: 1 (Psychonaut)

not voting: 12 ('khaan (missed deadline), Greyblades (missed deadline), Secura (Naib), Kagemusha, slashandburn, AVSM, Seon, Captain Blackadder, splitpersonality, Methos, Double A, TheFlax)

Alive (34)

1. TheFlax
    2. Niklas
    3. Renata
    4. Sasaki Kojiro
    5. Beskar
    6. Diana Abnoba
    7. Double A
    8. TinCow
    9. atheotes
    10. The Stranger
    11. GH
    12. Methos
    13. Ibn-Khaldun
    14. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    15. Romanic
    16. Captain Blackadder
    17. Jolt
    18. Psychonaut
    19. Greyblades
    20. YLC
    21. Peasant Phill
    22. Seon
    23. Death is Yonder (replaces Joooray)
    24. AVSM
    25. slashandburn
    26. Kukrikhan
    27. White_Eyes:D
    28. Beefy187
    29. Secura
    30. Kagemusha
    31. pevergreen
    32. 'khaan
    33. johnhughthom
    34. Scienter

Killed (4)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1

Lynched (2)
    Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy

WoG (0)

It is now night. PM's please. Night will last for +/- 23 hours

Ja mata, TosaInu